Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Tis a lovely day out there but with a biting cold easterly breeze that knocks the spirit out of ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Max temp today just reached 11.4c in a short peroid and fell back to the 10c mark where it was mostly hovered all day in 10 hrs of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Perfect car washing weather, gave mine a nice shine and then took her for a drive and didin't get covered in muck as the roads are finally dry!!

Lovely time of year, buds on the trees, calfs and lambs playing in the fields and sleepy cows and sheep just resting on the grass enjoying the spring sunshine, nature at its best imho :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Max of 13.4c in a gentle NE wind,again over 10hrs of sunshine.

Weather was so nice today I went for a hike to the top of the Sugar Loaf.
    Only a gentle breeze even at the top and stunning views.
    My legs ache now though.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fecking heatwave once the wind died back! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

maxed out at 11.2C today, higher than yesterdays 10.0C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A wonderful, sunny day with a few clouds in the sky. 18.3C right now but knowing central Illinois this time of year, lots of thunder, lightning and possibly a tornado or two touching down.

It hit 18 in east Cork today so yah-boo!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Been lovely and bright here for the last few days but with a gale north easterly blowing making it feel damn cold. I see on the forecast that the winds will be swinging westerly by the weekend but the weather will still be fine. Bring it on!!!

A

• Advertisement

As I thought yesterday, we would have thunderstorms and lightning. It hit this morning and some big lumps of hail as well!

Doppler radar from a few moments ago. Its about 15C with a severe thunderstorm warning until this evening.

473250731722724045303167_untitled.png

Hmm, strange weather near here.

Mothmans website is reporting "At 20:10 Temp 6.3°C, 81% , 1026.4mb & Steady, NW, 1.0mph gusting to 2.0, 0.0mm today" , while here at the same time its 9.2°C.

Not sure I can understand the varience in temperature. Has a sea breeze set in near the coast at this late hour causing the temps to drop?, its clear and still here right now.

It be an off shore wind at this time with cool air descending down from the mountains

Longfield wrote:
    Hmm, strange weather near here.

As much as our lowland brethern hate me saying this, I believe that where we are is actually a couple of degrees warmer in the summer than the coast. The height difference is probably offset by coastal cooling etc. Have no proof but have the weather station now so should be able to prove it this summer.

A

Mothman!!! are you here?!!

Wicklow Weather is reporting 2.6°C right now and i'm at 5.4°C.
    Is there a glaciation taking effect in Ashford? ,http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp is showing most of Ireland nowhere near your temps????

Our Ashford weather station is now reading 2.6c and all other stations in wicklow are reading circa 7c.

Mothman - please take your sensor out of the fridge!!!

A

Snap !!

I think Tristrame said before that MM is in a hollow which would mean cooling quicker under clear calm conditions.
    Artictree you are spot on with the asumption that mountain weather is actually warmer in summer to some degree than coastal margains or exposed areas.Heat gets trapped too within mountains/valleys and takes longer for it to be cooled in the height of summer.

I am at a balmy 10.5c with a light offshore wind blowing from inland regions.

Parts of Wisconsin got 7" of snow I heard today. :eek: Central Illinois got nothing earlier today but a chance of it in the morning and then rain in the afternoon. Warming up starts from Tuesday. \o/

Seems to be wicked last month over the US alright Ruu.Exceptional warm temps,thunderstorms,tornado and snow.
    We can beat that though in the homeland,exceptional over here with no rain in nearly 3 weeks and sun now thats amazing for April or any month for that matter.

• Advertisement

Another boring day of milky sun and warms temps in store. :)

Mike.

Beautiful sunny day at last. Around 18C, forecast looks good up until Sunday and after that not sure.

Warm and sunny all day. If I had woke from a coma and was told its June or July I'd belive it (apart from the postion of the sun in the sky naturaly!)

Mike.

Lovely bright morning - no cloud. Had a ground frost last night.

+6.0c here at 20:25. Looks like tonight will be a cold one - could even have an air frost.

A

Overcast here but it hasn't stopped me from recording my highest temp this year, currently 18.0C and rising. It's also the windiest it's been in quite a while here with a nice south-westerly breeze gusting up to 43km/h. Very dry here aswell, 47%RH

Very warm today max of 18.7c and overcast here too most of the day,
    near 4:00pm hum was 34% dp was 2c and temp was 17c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

The first rain in 3 weeks has just started falling here in Meath in the last 15 mins or so. It is light and patchy in nature but the drops themselves are quite big. Not enough to wet the gound though. temp here today rached 18.9c but is now at 15c

What happened to the rain:confused: :eek: . Expected to wake up to an overcast morning with at least a wet ground. Instead the sun's out and there hasn't been any rain recorded overnight and the RH never even got above 76%, so by the looks of it there probably wasn't even a bit of drizzle either. Looking at the radar it seems that the mountains weakened it before it passed over here but the radars still show it raining here at about 2:30am
    The drought continues here it seems:rolleyes: ;) , surely we'll get something tomorrow though

• Advertisement

Was some very light rain down the road from you Trogdar here.
    Not enough to wet the ground below parked cars though which gives an idea of how heavy.
    Sun isnt out here and the nearby mountains are all shrouded in cloud and mist, hopefully that sun will come out soon, I want to take some gorse pictures today!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement