Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Rained just before 7 this morning and dropped a whole mm of rain.
    This is 1.5mm for the whole month of April to date.Will change next week im sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull with damp in the air but no actual rain, it did rain lightly overnight.

Mike.

It rained moderately here between 4 and 5 am and that was it.
    2.3mm
    Dull and dank since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temp has just started to rocket here, now up to 19.2C:D:D. Can see convection building to my west and north-west:D
    EDIT: 19.8C and still rising

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Is like some foreign country out there at the moment!

It's warmer outside than in that's for sure.

My thermo is reading 19c :)

• Advertisement

20.9C here, this is amazing:D

Just back from the coachmans pub up around the airport and it was 20.7c up there.I reached 20c on the nose back to 19.9c,where did this come from.Some convection about alright.Some heat outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Whoa, I just glanced at my thermometer and noticed that it was showing 20.5c! This is the warmest day of the year so far even though it's cloudy! Where did this warmth come from? Meteireann really got it wrong today. Also there is plenty of convection bubbling up with loads of dark clouds around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Hmmm - +17c here, cloudy/sunny. Typical Irish summers day - have to remind myself that its still only April....

A

Back to 20.8C now that it's finally clouded in with all the convection around. Down from 21.8C:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

An April record high 19.8C from AWS, still have to check the official thermometer, but usually within 0.2C.

and last night was record high min of 11.6C.

Yes unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭highdef

Thunder rumbling to my southwest - I'm in D8 at the moment. light rain falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

First few rumbles heard in dublin 22 about 10 mins ago, I could see this front moving in and the sky darkened, its very humid right now too so it might encourage more thunderstorms as the evening goes on.

Ok the highest temp of the year so far has been trounced for the second time today as it is now 21c in some sunshine.
    http://www.meteorologica.info/lightning/lightning.jpg

Wow, There has been a spectacular torrential downpour here (se of dunshaughlin in meath) for the last 25mins with some minor flash flooding. An amazing downpour and it was quite unexpected considering I hadn't seen anything on radar. Very dark clouds. I presume the shower is heading eastwards.
    EDIT: now torrential rain falling again

Mothman wrote:
    An April record high 19.8C from AWS, still have to check the official thermometer, but usually within 0.2C.

and last night was record high min of 11.6C.

Yes unexpected
    5 degree's colder 15 miles south of you.
    No sunshine at all today.

There is/was a line of thunder-showers running from Limerick to Dublin

Mike.

Mild murky humid damp clamy miserable muck outside.Miss the sun already.
    Not really that much of rain falling,just spitting would be a better word to describe it.

Had some very light rain here today, just enough to give that damp feeling to the air and slightly dampen the ground, still no recordable rainfall here for 24 days now

trogdor are you in Wickow Ireland or another Wicklow in Australia?

Rain all day, summers over. Sniff.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Light rain here, far short of what I was expecting, am certain the plants outside need more than this.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

mike65 wrote:
    trogdor are you in Wickow Ireland or another Wicklow in Australia?

Rain all day, summers over. Sniff.

Mike.
    It's getting kind of hard to tell;):p

Well I've had the rain all day too.
    A decent drop in total so far 7.4mm which equates to the basically light rain that has been falling most of the day.
    It's far less than I thought there would be but usefull.

It's been enough to make for a lot of puddles and make the place look very wet.
    Still raining lightly now.

I got home and I just noticed that my thermometer is showing 20.4c! Is anyone else recording such high temps? This is another day that meteireann have underestimated the high temps. Just the other day Trogdor recorded 21.8c when the max temp forecast was only 18c. Tofday's forecast high is only 17.
    Today certainly felt warm and before anyone asks my thermometer is deep in the shade all day everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

I'm only recording 12.3 ATM and cloudy. High today of 16.8 at 11:49am. Maybe some heat islands around?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote:
    I'm only recording 12.3 ATM and cloudy. High today of 16.8 at 11:49am. Maybe some heat islands around?

Think we are suffering orographic lift effects here artictree.

It was 18.5°C on the car thermometer turning off the N11 for R755 in broken cloud with sunny intervals.

By the time I got home it was 12°C on the car in misty drizzly conditions.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Hideously humid and wet down here now, been dull all day but the last hour saw it tipping down.

Mike.

12.1c atm and misty and chilly in the wind.
    Max was 18c at 10am

Max of 18.9C here at around middday. First proper light rain falling here now, still not emough to be recorded though

• Advertisement

Briefly the max here was a cold feeling 14.7c.
    The sun made a very brief appearance but it was mostly cold and drizzly and foggy all day.

It's been raining/drizzle lightly for the past 2 hrs or so.

currently 10.9c feeling cold out in the mucky drizly rain and a SE breeze of up to 20mph.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement