Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Bucketing down outside here now. A decent drop of rain at last! Great for the garden.

A

yeah it's been lashing here for the last couple of hours too.

7.4mm this evening so far

Current rain rate 8.4mm/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Not so heavy here as yet but can see the blob over you wicklow lads heading dublin way soon.

8.1mm now

Wind gusting at ground level to almost 30mph.

It actually makes a pleasant change from the silence of the last month!

7.4mm yesterday so the rolling 24hr total of the much needed rain currently stands at 15.5mm - make that 15.8mm as the daily total went up to 8.4mm as I typed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The rain last night was something else here, could hear it slapping against the southern facing skylights, a sound I've never heard rain on glass do before, was really nice just lying in bed listening to it :)

Cool and showery here this evening and currently 12.7°C outside.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

7.1 here ATM. Some lovely light sun showers at around 7pm.

Everything has gone really green now and growth has really jumped. I love this time of year....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

was wondering why rain is usually wet?

Lovely day here - +15.5c and clear blue skies. Hopefully all of May will be like this (with a few thundery downpours thrown in)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Another very warm, bright day. Boy we are going to pay for this at some point.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Another lovely day here too. We'll soon start getting more tanned and it really will start to look like the med:p
    mike65 wrote:
    Another very warm, bright day. Boy we are going to pay for this at some point.

Mike.
    Hopefully in the form of weeks of continuous thunderstorms:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Gotta love the global warming! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Anyone know where I can find out what the highest temp at Shannon today was. at 1900 hrs it was reading 22 degrees, was this the highest it got to today?

Yup 22c was it's highest.

It got to 22 at 3pm and stayed there untill 730 pm
    It must have been pleasant in the light 10mph breeze.

http://www.weatherunderground.com/history/airport/EINN/2007/5/2/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

But meteireann's latest reports page shows 20c at 7pm?
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Amazing Day here - deep blue skies all day and not a cloud to be seen.

Spent the day in the garden - lovely....

Today really was the perfect day. Crystal clear blue skies (not a hint of any plane contrails or industrial haze), there was much less of a breeze and when it did come it felt a lot warmer than recently, in the sun it felt very warm and to finish it all off a really noticeable stretch in the evening light. Even at 10pm there was a good deal of light in the western sky!

Today is gonna be hot. Already +16c at 9:45am

Damn - the weekend doesn't look too good - but at least we get some rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

All the country is baking in Summer Sunshine, truly exceptional.

Claremorris is the top of the bunch with 23c

Many locations above 20c

East coast warming up a wee bit, 17c in Dub Air :D

23c in Claremorris at 3pm
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp
    Whoa, it looks like the west of Ireland is one of the warmest place in Europe atm!
    Look
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Reurmett.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

23 degrees in Limerick according to Met Eireann.

We have only some small high clouds way off in the distance to the east.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I had 2C at 6:30am and got above 17C by 9:30am, and it hasn't got above that since.

Sunshine all the way. 14h yesterday, and should be another 14h today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I finally got home at about 9.45 (don't ask) the house had that 'August heatwave feel' when the windows have been closed all day. Can't belive its not mid-summer, my bodyclock must be out of whack by now.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭quercus

i recorded 22.6 here in the carlow/ kilkenny border area. spent the day out working in the sun -, boy did it feel like late july. i want rain just a couple of days!!! to top up the lawn and flower beds. starting to look like something from the sahara desert now.

Meteireann going for 24c today, which is higher than what was forecasted yesterday.
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/
    Yesterday's max was 23.6c in Claremorris
    http://www.met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Another cool night with min below 2C. I thought it was going to get near zero because it dropped much quicker than previous night, but it stayed stable from just after midnight till the sun rose.

Now 11C, not rising as quck as yesterday.

Mothman wrote:
    Another cool night with min below 2C. I thought it was going to get near zero because it dropped much quicker than previous night, but it stayed stable from just after midnight till the sun rose.

Now 11C, not rising as quck as yesterday.

You must be in a real frost pocket there Mothman. At 1am this morning you were reading 1.7c while my weather station was reading 9.9c. Thats some difference given that I can't be more than 5 or 6 miles from you....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

A definite chill in the air this morning due to mist.Will burn off to hopefully give us a bit of warmth just like yesterday.
    max 18c yesterday just about.Highest all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Blue skies and sunny weather here in Cork :) Hopefully it'll last the weekend, have a wedding to go to tomorrow and was planning to go to the beach on monday...

*crosses fingers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The sun's only really breaking through now in Dublin. Nothing like yesterday.

• Advertisement

Wall to wall sunshine down here in wicklow since dawn!

Though I can see some cb's building over the south wicklow mountains as reported in the thunderstorms thread.Theer might be a shower up there later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement