Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Max at 23.3c for a short blip(warmest ytd) and has now fallen back to 22.4c.

Mothman wrote:
    I've lost sea breeze, temp is rocketing skywards
    22.6C

I'll have to put graph up later. It's mad!!

No seabreeze here today at all,just a predominant warm humid westerly at first but humidity has being fallen through the afternoon.61% atm.

I wonder did the mtns to your west cut off the west wind and allowed a seabreeze to kick in for you for awhile??

We got no sea breeze here either -all the while it was westerly

Still 21.3c with the wind still westerly.

The peak of 22.6 was definitely the hottest of the year and indeed even when the country will be in a heat wave at times in the summer our sea breeze would mean that the temp hardly climbs often above what it was today.
    So today was spectacular.

All hail the westerly
    All hail the westerly!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Stick 20c out there, but the westerly wind has picked up and it has become partly cloudy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Snowbie wrote:

I wonder did the mtns to your west cut off the west wind and allowed a seabreeze to kick in for you for awhile??

It happened at Dun Laoghaire at about same time
    http://www.dlharbour.ie/weather/index_24hrs.php

• Advertisement

Still an awesome 19.9c here and its 815pm!

Mothman wrote:
    It happened at Dun Laoghaire at about same time
    http://www.dlharbour.ie/weather/index_24hrs.php
    Yes i can see the east wind on that and slight as it was was enough to lower the temp.The west wind looking at the graph slackened off and kicked off the sea breeze in a area of coast from Dunlaoighre,trogdor and yourself.Myself and Tristrame either side of them stations recorded the west wind backing slightly SW at the same time.

In theory i think the mountains where sufficient enough to kill the west wind when it died down slightly,enough to enable a sea breeze for these areas while here and Arklow where in the clear line for SW/westerly.Just a interesting theory,makes sense?

Meanwhile westerly heatwave continues here with temp at 19.2c and wind increasing and humidity rising.
    All hail the approaching cold front
    All hail the approaching cold front.:D

Has now dipped below 20C.
    19.6C

There are some tropical looking cb's out there this evening one of them directly over arklow rock.
    Is there going to be a bang out of this advancing front?

18.9c here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

On the 9:30pm forecast just there they confirmed that 24c had been reached somwhere in the country today (they didn't specify).

• Advertisement

rc28 wrote:
    On the 9:30pm forecast just there they confirmed that 24c had been reached somwhere in the country today (they didn't specify).
    Trogdor wrote:
    Temp maxed here at 24.1C around 3
    GWAN Trogdor your famous:D

Temp tumbling here at 17.2c atm

rc28 wrote:

Temperatures get rounded, so 23.5C at Cork AP gets rounded to 24C

even though 23.46 would be rounded to 23.5C

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Anyone have the temps from wednesday (16th may)? There must have been a HUGE difference in temp between wed and thurs. Gotta love the global warming ;)

When will the winds reach their peak? It's already very windy and the trees are not liking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Some very heavy showers around today, first when i got off the dart this morning and started walking to school it started to pour and left everyone soaked and yet it stopped just before we reaced the school and the sun came out:mad: and then again, when we'd left school and were half way to the dart station we got lashed on again and left us all soaked for the second time and it stopped just as we reached the station:rolleyes:, if there is a god up there he must have been angry today:D . On the plus side i got to see some great convection over north dublin which was begining to anvil as i got on the dart home
    rc28 wrote:
    When will the winds reach their peak? It's already very windy and the trees are not liking it!
    Just after midnight i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Already very gusty in showers, my car was rocking back and forth on the way home passing through a couple.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

trogdor wrote:
    Some very heavy showers around today, first when i got off the dart this morning and started walking to school it started to pour and left everyone soaked and yet it stopped just before we reaced the school and the sun came out:mad: and then again, when we'd left school and were half way to the dart station we got lashed on again and left us all soaked for the second time and it stopped just as we reached the station:rolleyes:, if there is a god up there he must have been angry today:D . On the plus side i got to see some great convection over north dublin which was begining to anvil as i got on the dart home

Just after midnight i'd say.
    Same down here but the showers didn't really get going untill an hour ago.
    One hum digger had a rain rate of 37.1mm/hr.
    Very fast moving though so my total is only 2mm.

Some intense radar echoes over NI now. A slightly weaker band heading this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

I can see it on the radar - wonder if it will reach wicklow....

Lol, that band of very heavy rain in the north just dissappears in the latest radar image
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

• Advertisement

9.5c,35mph winds,heavy showers,more like a November night out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright and breezy, the airs got a crispness that speaks of March. Still, its good drying weather :)

Mike.

I am sick to death of the constant wind ripping leaves off the trees, when will it finally die down?
    13.8c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I dunno rc28, the sound of the wind and hail against leaves is pretty cool.
    Have a hail shower here right now and its brilliant to look at and listen to :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Just back from KFC in Clare Hall. When travelling on the N32 between the Donaghmede roundabout and the Clare Halle roundabout, almost every tree on my left was snapped and fallen. There must have been a seriously strong gust of wind here to fall so many trees!!!

Longfield wrote:
    I dunno rc28, the sound of the wind and hail against leaves is pretty cool.
    Have a hail shower here right now and its brilliant to look at and listen to :)

I don't mind the sound of it but what is annoying me is that it's damaging my trees with many small snapped branches and leaves lost- especially off the Poplar trees.

highdef wrote:
    Just back from KFC in Clare Hall. When travelling on the N32 between the Donaghmede roundabout and the Clare Halle roundabout, almost every tree on my left was snapped and fallen. There must have been a seriously strong gust of wind here to fall so many trees!!!
    Yep,Its been pretty wild yesterday and last night to be fair.I counted about 8 trees uprooted and several branches down when i was on the N32 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Cool here all week and breezy. Talks of frost tonight :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Surrey Snow

Currently clear with a gentle breeze.

Current temperature @ 23.00 = +9.3C

Pressure = 1018 hPa

SS

• Advertisement

Overnight min here was 3.3c which was borderline for frost especially since there seemed to be a breeze here all night long thankfully.
    I didnt see any on the ground anyhow,though I wasn't up at my usual time :D:o:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement