Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Danno wrote:
    Cool here all week and breezy. Talks of frost tonight :eek:

Well yes, but I certainly wasn't expecting anything near an air frost :eek:
    especially as temp began to rise near midnight after dropping to 4C. It rose to above 7C and then fell to a min of 0.3C.
    Grass min -4.1C, 3rd lowest on record for May.

I haven't done a damage assessment yet, but I think everything will have escaped.

Now rising sharply, currently 13C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cool crisp and sunny again some showers just starting to brew up locally.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Feels pleasant outside now- calm, sunny and 16c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Absolutely lashing down here for the last 20 mins or so, just to the north can see blue skies, shower seems to be sticking over here!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lots of showery rain here today. 7.7c here ATM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Right now it's clear, not a single cloud in the sky!

According to my weather station:

Forecast: Clear
    Temperature: 10.4º [rising]
    Humidity: 92% [steady]
    Pressure: 1013mb [rising]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Lovely day today, maxed out at 20.6C at around 4pm with humidities around 50%

Started nice got cloudier as the day went, some very threatening clouds built up but never actually let go. Quite humid.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Another great day here today, great last day:p, now to study:( .Currently 21.4C and has already reached 22.6C today

Very warm in the sun but quite a bit of cloud overall. Near still.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Can anyone give a good forecast for tomorrow for each province seeing as its polling day it is the one day that the Weather can a political influence :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Hail in North Dublin a few hours ago. Quite sizeable stones.

Odd, the radar shows nothing, but its been raining for hours here, proper rain too (abeit of the light variety mostly).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote:
    Odd, the radar shows nothing, but its been raining for hours here, proper rain too (abeit of the light variety mostly).
    I presume you mean the meteireann one cause the metoffice radar has been showing precip for hours now.
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html
    It's odd because they both have the same sources but show it differently.

heavy rain showers this morning with gusty winds in them.
    Last shower has died off now and it's gone totally calm.

Rain rain and more rain!!, looking at the UK radar (as the Irish one seems to be borked, thanks for pointing that out rc28) it seems to be just catching us here in Wicklow, hopefully wil move away later.

Just had a torrential downpour with lots of hail mixed in- feels raw and wintry in the wind. There seems to be plenty of hefty showers around but radar isnt showing anything. Nice cumulus bubbling up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Just had a really heavy shower of hail here in drogheda now the sun has broken through the clouds.

Brisk and chilly wind, but very bright and sunny too, I thought the SE was going to have a wet start.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I saw the shower which hit gonker at 11.30 develop on the radar, an hour previously, yet it missed me completely 4 miles north of Drogheda. It's been completely dry here until 10 minutes ago...

...when a sleet shower arrived. The drops were of different sizes, so I checked a north-facing window and there was the odd bit of ice melting. It was probably a nearly-melted hail shower but I suppose that counts as sleet:p

The LP system to the south of England is very impressive. Such an organised feature!!

• Advertisement

7.8c here - windy and showery all day.

Anyone know whats up with the radar on met.ie? Seems to be hours behind all weekend...

A

Have you noticed how low the humidity is at some stations.
    Shannon AP, Casement and Kilkenny.

With sub zero DP now, there could be a significant frost tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Yes. Noticed Shannon at -6C DP and Casement at -3C DP at 16:00. Why was it so low at these sites today?

6.3 here and clear.

Just spent the evening on a boat fishing on the reservoir - lovely weather....

arctictree wrote:
    6.3 here and clear.

Just spent the evening on a boat fishing on the reservoir - lovely weather....

Can anyone go on the reservoir? I was thinking of getting a canoe and using it myself.

Longfield wrote:
    Can anyone go on the reservoir? I was thinking of getting a canoe and using it myself.

Ha! - Reservoir is owned by Dublin corpo and they only allow the fishing club to put boats on the water. Its mad - took me years to become a member.....and I had to pull a few strings...

What a dismal day - +9.2c and drizzely rain....

arctictree wrote:
    What a dismal day - +9.2c and drizzely rain....
    I'm not complaining, the vegetables were thirsty, though this is only a sip rather than a pint...

As would be expected, its 1c higher in Ashford

Getting some proper heavy showers here the last hour or so. Rivers of water on the ground type heavy, haven't seen rain like it in a while. Wish I had a gauge to measure the intensity, bet it would be impressive.

• Advertisement

Longfield wrote:
    Getting some proper heavy showers here the last hour or so. Rivers of water on the ground type heavy, haven't seen rain like it in a while. Wish I had a gauge to measure the intensity, bet it would be impressive.

I heard that alright, as I had visitors from Annamoe. Only a few drops with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement