Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

About 26 mm here since 6 yesterday evening, that should do us till after the harvest, which looks as if it will be 10 to 12 days earlier than average, weather permitting of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

The rain never stopped here so the total is still rising slowly, still a light drizzle now and the total 27.7mm which is still below most i think

• Registered Users Posts: 15,435 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Annamoe.net is up, updates a couple of minutes after the hour as i'm on dialup rather than live.

Struggling with the htm stuff , but am muddling through it, will become nicer to look at over time.

Huge thanks to Mothman for his patience and generosity for coming out here and helping me set it up today in the rain (especially for setting it up before my pay day and trusting me to pay later,top man.), really appreciate it :)

Looking forward to comparing Wicklow stats with Mothman, Artictree and Tristrame as the seasons go by :)
    When money permits will be adding a web cam with hourly images uploaded too, who knew Christmas can happen in June? :p

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Well done Longfield,post a link to your site etc when your up and running.
    Did you get a AWS?

Snowbie wrote:
    Well done Longfield,got a link to your site etc.
    Did you get a AWS?

Yep its www.annamoe.net (or annamoe.eu , got both domains).

I've got a wireless Vantage Pro 1 with aspirated fan. The website is crude as can be right now but that will improve quickly I hope.

Trogdar, I think you are using DW for your site, would you be ok if I pm'd you for help on a couple of things?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Congrats Longfield - will be interesting to compare stats!

Am I invited to drop round and look at your setup???

A

Good stuff.
    Good choice of AWS.The aspirated fan makes it all the accurate too,i added the daytime FARS to my VP2.

Longfield wrote:
    Yep its www.annamoe.net (or annamoe.eu , got both domains).

I've got a wireless Vantage Pro 1 with aspirated fan. The website is crude as can be right now but that will improve quickly I hope.
    Sounds great, should be interesting to see the difference in temperature between all the coastal and more mountainous setup over this week and the rest of summer
    Longfield wrote:
    Trogdar, I think you are using DW for your site, would you be ok if I pm'd you for help on a couple of things?
    Yeh, sure, happy to help:) .
    and btw it's Trogdor;) :D

arctictree wrote:
    Congrats Longfield - will be interesting to compare stats!

Am I invited to drop round and look at your setup???

A

You betcha!, I'd like to see the layout of your stations site too.
    I'm working tomorrow but its bright till late this time of year so welcome any time after six or weekends.
    You have my email I think already, so let me know when you'd like to have a look around.

Your site added to weather websites thread.Interesting to see your temps during winter now.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Longfield wrote:
    Huge thanks to Mothman for his patience and generosity for coming out here and helping me set it up today in the rain (especially for setting it up before my pay day and trusting me to pay later,top man.), really appreciate it :)
    Your welcome :)

A good open site, on a sloping lawn. Temperature and rainfall will be accurate, wind readings not to be relied on, due to buildings, hedges etc.
    After all the levelling, whoever is cutting the grass had better be really carefull...

Really hope you can get the broadband. I was in the yet so near, yet so far situation for far too long

And fair dues for getting data online within matter of hours :)

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Is this horrible veil of cloud ever going to move??

It's been the slowest moving front i can remember! It's just literally sat on top of us and died, hopefully it can move totally into the sea by afternoon, doesn't look like it from here though.

And still a far chunk over land, look at the defined back to it.. From dull, cold and dreary to Sunny and warm in the space of literally 3 or 4 miles

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/images/ukvis_sat_200706040900.jpg

Haha what a horrible Bank Holiday Weekend!

This front is moving inland again if anything and its pretty raining out there. It's not drizzle but proper steady rain.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html

Haha what a horrible Bank Holiday Weekend!

This front is moving inland again if anything and its pretty raining out there. It's not drizzle but proper steady rain.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html
    Typical, think of the excitement there would be if it was being pushed back across us in January:rolleyes:

A heavy drizzle falling here for the last 1hr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bleugh, I think it might just be starting to move eastwards but it may just be a thin area of cloud above me right now. :(

Mike.

It looks like we're actually going to get a clearance from the east :confused:

This front has confused the hell out of me, can you imagine what they are think in Met Eireann!

Heavy Drizzle just easing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

While I don't have all the gear you guys have, it has been great up here (Donegal) since yesterday evening. The sun is out and my car was giving a temp of 19 degrees.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I can see the sharp, defined end of the cloud and the wonderful blue skies approaching now off the Irish sea. Its quite a nice site actually. Here comes summer!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So the sun is coming from the east, I thought it was clearing from the wesht?

Still basicly dull here, just a bit brighter than earlier.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Sun has broken through the clouds and has been shining for the last half hour here.

It looks like we're actually going to get a clearance from the east :confused:

This front has confused the hell out of me, can you imagine what they are think in Met Eireann!

Heavy Drizzle just easing here.
    Havent had time to look into this but that front was imploding rather than moving anywhere much-hence the clear skies coming from all directions.
    Sunny here for the last couple of hours-windy too.
    No drizzle at all today-just bright cloud and hill fog.

Temp is on the rise again,very clamy and heavy.Not nice when you have lack of sleep and which is just adding to my tiredness levels.:(
    Need the east wind to blow.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Had a little drizzle today, but sun has been out for couple hours.

Finally a little cool sunshine here.

Having fun and games with the Weatherlink software. I hadn't updated to 5.7 and was using 5.2. Last night the fecking ftp upload was interrupted so it popped up a box to tell me this (was in bed by then) and sat there.....and sat there....and sat there.
    Came home from work to see I've been connected via dialup since last night..just as well i've a 180 hour package!

Updated to 5.7 this evening and it couldn't find the path to the htx file and isn't uploading a couple of charts and the units are wrong..aghhhrr..next update just after 20:00 , hope it works at last and I can focus on building content to the site.

At least I can see my own readings though :)

I can speak for the lot of us longfield,we had problems or the like when setting up first.You'll get there in the end.:)

Temp on the decrease now and the beginning of a sunny spell to come.
    Should be enough rain to do the garden for 2 weeks at the least.

Hehe, I'm glad ye all came out the other side sane!!

Hopefully I've ironed out a few bugs in my setup now (thanks to trogdor for the html help)...will know when I go into work tomorow and bleedin' anamoe.net is showing last nights stats or not...

If its all working its onwards and upwards..have loads of ideas..great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Longfield - why don't you get 3 mobile and subscribe to their 19.99euro package for 10gb capped broadband - runs circa 700kbps. This might be better than 180hrs dial up.

You can use bluetooth to transfer it from the mobile to the PC/Laptop

Sorry for going off thread guys - but if he can get it it would sort out his weather station!

lol danno-3 coverage in a high valley in the wicklow mts?
    wont work-see their coverage map for wicklow.

mothman is that the one you use? 3 is perfect here-full bars so its a cheaper option than dsl if I ever want to change.
    It will be no good soon though as the only reason its ok at the moment is because it has so little users.

more than 5 on your cell/transmitter and its dial up speed.

clear mild night here by the way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Stunning evening here. 17.2 and clear blue skies. Time to unleash the barbie....!

A

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement