Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,435 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Temp plummenting like a stone here after todays warmth, should be interesting to see where it settles. Currently 10.6°C

OutsideTempHistory.gif

Would appreciate suggestions btw in the annamoe.net guestbook, have revamped the site a bit.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Longfield wrote:
    Temp plummenting like a stone here after todays warmth, should be interesting to see where it settles. Currently 10.6°C

Would appreciate suggestions btw in the annamoe.net guestbook, have revamped the site a bit.

Have just signed it!

Your readings are very similar to mine. Lets keep on eye on it over a few weeks and see if a pattern emerges!

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Similar temp here as well.
    9.4C currently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Too damned hot! Humid with it. Even warmer to come as the easterly air builds its "heat density". (is that a term?!)

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Too damned hot! Humid with it. Even warmer to come as the easterly air builds its "heat density". (is that a term?!)

Mike.

Not hot by any means here, currently 8.8°C and falling, its pretty chilly out, wouldn't be surprised to see some fog patches on the way to work tomorrow.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Belmullet at 21c at 10am.

Lovely Day up here - 17.0c. Not too hot and a nice gentle breeze...

A

Theres a hurricane in butlersbridge according to the NRA.
    Must be very localised :D

&nbspN3 Butler's Bridge Jun 07, 11:00 17.6° C. 34.9° C. Dry 73% 169.9 km/h North-easterly

Even though today is completely cloudy it is actually the warmest of this settled spell so far at 21.7c currently. It feels humid and there's no breeze. Anyone know if weekend is going to feature this irritating blanket of cloud?

Very Sunny here but I can see a blanket of cloud to my west. You can make it out very well on :

http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/IRL-IR-sat.jpg

Maybe the experts can explain why its clear all down the east coast but then the cloud starts about 10 miles inland??!

A

• Advertisement

It's a benign form of convergence.
    The conditions are not quite right for explosive cb formation (though I saw a few over the south wicklow mts thismorning heading west) but its right for some cloud build up with the cool sea breeze hitting the comparatively much warmer air inland.

It's not often you get it so defined north to south in a line like that away from the coast in the East.

Completely sunny here throughout by the way with a light sea breeze keeping it cool.

Actually, in the last 15mins the cloud has really burnt away and the sky is about 75% blue now. Sun shining and feels very warm too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Glorious day here with a lighter sea breeze than the last few days

20.1c here at the moment. Lovely blue sky. High today of 20.6

A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Lovely blue skies and high of 21.6c.Currently 20.8c

Breached 20°C for the first time today, station high of 20.1°C :)
    Currently 18.9°C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Twas about 20 here, the difference in humidity going from west to east and from inland to near the coast/rivers has been notable this week, Callan in Kilkenny was yucky on Wednesday at 3.30 pm, 30 mins later in Portlaw the air was much more civilised. Can't beat a body of water when its like this.

Mike.

After the earlier cloud cleared today was another beautiful warm day with a high of 22.7c
    To my east it is 100% clear:
    P1000572 (Medium).JPG
    To my west the earlier cloud is still there further inland occasionally blocking the sun here:
    P1000575.JPG

rc28 wrote:
    To my west the earlier cloud is still there further inland occasionally blocking the sun here:
    P1000575.JPG

Thats a lovely pylon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Reached 19.1C here today not record breaking but very nice although a bit too heavy and humid today.

• Advertisement

Lol!
    Well just for you arctictree here's another pic of the "lovely pylon"
    P1000393.JPG:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I was working about town today on the heat was unbareable at times, it was really heavy and sticky and felt like 30c in my car, even if it was 21oC outside. It would have been nice near the coast me thinks :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Hal1 wrote:
    it was really heavy and sticky
    Yep, horrible horrible stuff.
    Not looking forward to the next few months of this tbh.

9am temperatures ranging from 17-20c around the country

Gonna be a hot one in the midlands and west i feel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

18.7c atm no sea breeze as yet.

20.1c here at 11am. Gonna be a hot one I think....

Yep, horrible horrible stuff.
    Not looking forward to the next few months of this tbh.

Relax lads - its not like we are in Bombay or somewhere!!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I was out in the car for a while just now and the thermometer never went below 24c. (Maybe not the most accurate).

Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Seabreeze kicked up ealier and held the temp at 18.4C and then started to drop. but it sems to have died off now and the temp is back up to 19.0C.

Thought i'd just pop in this image aswell of an interesting low off iberia on the 10:45 sat
    http://www.brayweather.com/images/sat/sat_09-6-07_1045.jpg

• Advertisement

Bellmullet 24c at 11am

Gorgeous here, with temperatures reaching 20c and a very very light breeze.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement