Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

It was just under 30c in the shade in my garden in Achill at 2.30pm. There's a lot of hazy cloud around and it feels very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Up early this morning as lots of work to do.

It's very humid outside and is like the continent with no breeze and humid, stagnant warmth.

There must of been about 50 bee's getting pollen from one of my bush yokes:eek: The noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,435 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tis real LC weather thats for sure, hope they are are going well for you WC.
    Currently 21.3°C outside with a gentle breeze and clear blue skies above, doesn't get any better than this :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Warm, very warm! There ws'nt a breath of air first thing but the breeze is now picking up and the house is cooling a bit. :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Well I've recored my highest temp of the year so far - 23.2c @ 3pm.

Currently 15.8c and clear blue skies...

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Just back from my brothers house in Kildare and 24c according to the car thermo.Seriously warm with no breeze.
    Recorded 20.8c here.

arctictree wrote:
    Well I've recored my highest temp of the year so far - 23.2c @ 3pm.
    Not far behind at 22.7c at 519 pm

Very warm out there still.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

Heavy rain shower and more black clouds here in Clara, Offaly at 2150hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I really need to get some proper termo the car was reading 26 today, it was very warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

colmranger wrote:

Oh god please don't let it rain tonight, I have percolation holes sug for the second time with test at 11 am tomorrow, I had dug holes a week ago and then it rained more in 24 hrs than in two months and the holes collapsed.:mad:

• Advertisement

colmranger wrote:
    Seen that building over head when i was in Kildare earlier.

21c here. A bit hazy, not as clear as the last few days.

Looks like a shower line about to hit Waterford:

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Can anyone see rain there?

I wonder will that build up as it heads north overland???

A

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very warm and sunny here, not a cloud in the sky but hazy. Warmest day of the year here so far. Feels about 24 or 25C outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Heavy shower falling here now (west Kildare), no thunder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Today was the warmest day of the year so far here at 24.7c
    It got very humid feeling as cloud moved in from the south in late afternoon. The rain never reached here though but at around 8pm I saw a dying cb to my SE through the haze.

Same here - highest of the year 24.1c. No rain yet....

It's a warm night- in clones it's still 20c at 10pm!
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Warm heavy and partly cloudy most of the morning here.

It was completely cloudy here all morning but it cleared quickly by midday and there are now lots of "fluffy" cumulus around, some of them bubbling up to nothing really. Not quite as warm as yesterday(still hot in sun though) but feels much nicer when the stronger breeze blows (i thought meteireann said last night there wouldn't be any breeze today?)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It has been raining most of the day here with an hour or more torrential. I was driving on the N15 between Lifford and Ballybofey and the road was flooded in numerous places.

• Advertisement

Bright after an overcast start, blue skies ahoy now. Nice breeze.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not a cloud in the sky, 29.4C (Urbana, Illinois) but it is is only 12:10PM or so. Afternoon will be a bit hotter and not much of a breeze at all. The news reported yesterday of drought conditions about to set in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It's just starting lashing rain here (Dublin North)... I hope our drains are better than Belfasts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Torrential rain here fore the last 10 mins or so with thunder and lightning (in Drogheda)
    Brightened up a bit but i am sure another batch on the way.:D

Weather for next 2-3 days is mank. :(

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,435 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dull dreary day today, whopping max of 16.7°C reached and the monsoon season arrived delivering 0.8mm rain with a peak intensity of 1.3mm/hr at one point around lunchtime according to the AWS, wish I had been home to witness that...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Dull then heavy rain for about 3 hours then dull then cleared and now very nice.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Sweet, I was thinking "how can I bitch about the weather, seen as I didn't bring a jacket today and now I'm stuck in work......"

Its raining in Galway!

Raining here at last. Not very much though. Temp 13.2 ATM

• Advertisement

A miserable rain here with 14.7c, did anyone have dangerously dense fog last night?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement