Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Just got back from my exams before the ligh dizzle turned into a downpour. Rain rate is only 7.9mm/hr, but it's lashing down. There was a bit of mist around this morning but no fog i don't think.
    Also, on the junior cert science paper there was a weather question, just with a pressure map of Europe asking what the conditions would be like in Ireland, but they randomly put a low of 927mb over sweeden!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

You didnt go into specifics like a Cold polar NNE wind with a possibility of polar low formation also with a retrogression of the high pressure over green land feeding in constant snow showers(if winter) and low dewpoints with 850mb temps below -8c and the 528dam line close to our north coast.

Now i would give you full marks for that.:D

Rain lashing down here but i dont think anything electric for today.

yeh, but wet and windy will get you full marks aswell...it's junior cert science:D

Ah that will do too.I got a question on the earth science bit in my LC in Physics about electricity in the atmosphere,you can imagine the specifics i went into.i nearly forgot about the rest of the exam and this was all before cape and LI and the lot:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Bucketing down here - at last!!

• Advertisement

ditto here

Heaviest squal was about a half hour ago at 10.4mm/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fairly heavy rain here right now, peaked at 27.2 mm/hr a few minutes ago on the AWS, now averaging around 14mm/hr.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Hey Longfield - whats up with your website?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Miserable day here, not too much rain just abit on and off all day, im hoping for a few ts's later, getting lively over central Britain and Central Wales now.

arctictree wrote:
    Hey Longfield - whats up with your website?

Having a major pain in the nuts with that.
    For some reason with the original hosting company I was having major problems uploading *.jpg files for some unknown reason, the files were only 12kb in size but the autodialler thing I use to update the site just couldnt upload them to there but they work fine on others..very odd that. So am in the process of moving the site somewhere else..pain in the nads tbh, was looking forward to working on the site presentation and adding features in once I got the auto updates working reliably..ahh well..hopefully by the weekend will be all up and running.

How much rain have you had today?, only 9.1 mm here but a lot of that seems to have been in the earlier downpour here this evening.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Totally fog bound now with light drizzle, pretty thick fog too, interesting stuff :)

Longfield - thats unfortunate about your website - the problems of a dialup I suppose!

I've recorded 10.41mm today but not sure how accurate that is.

Really commin down outside now for the last few minutes, rain rate of 17.3mm/hr . Daily total now up to 8.1mm

Artictree, whats the fog like over with you?, is extremely thick here now, visibility under 30 meters here at the moment.
    Was a bit like this driving home today on the R755 near the Sugarloaf, as usual some muppets didnt even bother to turn their lights on..or drove with parking lights on..the joys of driving on Irish roads..

No proper rain here Trodor just drizzle and fog atm, suspect its very localised in these conditions though.

suns shining here

Tristrame wrote:
    suns shining here

Stop gloating Tristrame or I'll send you my foggy muck down there!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Lol, did anyone just see the news with charlie bird reporting out in a deluge and he says "perhaps it's a sign of global warming that it's lashing here" or something like that! Since when did the fact that it rains become a sign of GW??!

rc28 wrote:
    Lol, did anyone just see the news with charlie bird reporting out in a deluge and he says "perhaps it's a sign of global warming that it's lashing here" or something like that! Since when did the fact that it rains become a sign of GW??!

Heheh, I watching it on the news now, its funny seeing him being drowned while commentating on the others inside getting the nice warm (and dry) handshakes!!

Suppose he doesnt know hes probably in the wettest spot in Ireland right now ehehe (just radar wise of course)

Longfield wrote:
    Artictree, whats the fog like over with you?, is extremely thick here now, visibility under 30 meters here at the moment.

Yes, Fog here is very bad. Haven't ventured outside all day but have had visitors and they've told me that its been really bad on the way up. I think you can see the fog here on my webcam. Just looking at the latest radar, there seems to be some very heavy rain on the way to Wicklow/Dublin.

So far I have 50mm of rain for June. Could be much more on that before the months out.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just put the central heating on for 30 mins! :(

Another wet then drying out sort of day, deffo a chill from that NE wind.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Untill now Dublin has escaped most of this rain while just in the last hour it is teeming down now.Started raining roughly 8:30am.

10.7mm since midnight here.

Rain rate before 7am was 27.4mm/hr

Didn't hear any thunder.

I was supposed to be driving to Donegal this morning but my co driver had to cancel yesterday evening.
    I was so not doing that 4 or 5 hr journey in this weather on my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Tristrame wrote:
    I was supposed to be driving to Donegal this morning but my co driver had to cancel yesterday evening.
    I was so not doing that 4 or 5 hr journey in this weather on my own!
    You're not missing much. It pissed down here all night and now we have the traffic for the rally to contend with.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

It seems to have rained for most of the time since noon on Wednesday here in the south. The quantities have not been huge but it just goes on, and on, and on.

suns out here now (south wicklow) \o/ and the temp is rising froma miserable 12c earlier to almost 15c now and rising.

That may add a spark to the showers if say it gets up above 17 or 18c.

A miserable day with a thoroughly soaking cold rain falling since morning, big puddles in fields that would usually only be seen in Winter.

Lol it's warmer within the arctic circle than it is in ireland today:
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Reurmett.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just had a brief thundery downpour here in Carlow town.

EDIT: make that two thundery downpours.

Cold day here today. High of 12.3. Currently 9.8. Doesn't feel like June.

A

• Advertisement

Put on the central heating for a little while there, what the hell is going on, its June?!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement