Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Actually sunny! A fair scatering of fluffy clouds, fresh air quality.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Put on the central heating for a little while there, what the hell is going on, its June?!?
    Yes but it's also Ireland:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dull boring day here weatherwise, no nothing to speak off, just cool and sunless, windless etc..

Got a lot of work done on my weathersite though and reasonably happy with the results so far given my extremely limited html knowledge.

Todays high was a whopping 14.6°C, have had warmer in winter and the summer solstice is only a few days away!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Same here Longfield except I can see patches of blue skies out to the east. I thought today felt humid though. In the afternoon there were some interesting dark clouds overhead and at one point they almost looked like mammatus:
    P1000911 (Large).JPG
    P1000918 (Large).JPG
    P1000919 (Large).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Drove back down to courtown Wexford this morning and it was very warm in sunshine after leaving cool dull Dublin.At least the clear skies moved northwards later in the day.

• Advertisement

Snowbie wrote:
    Drove back down to courtown Wexford this morning and it was very warm in sunshine after leaving cool dull Dublin.At least the clear skies moved northwards later in the day.

Sounds like a nice drive. That weather seems to have reached here now, stratus is becoming very broken, but maybe that's because of the sun setting.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better - this week looks very wet for us on the east coast from late Monday onwards.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

I can see next weeks rain arriving already on the radar!! The evening here isn't bad - bit on the cool side for June though...

A

Longfield wrote:
    Sounds like a nice drive.
    Yep the sunny south east,reminded of driving down through S.Carolina and Georgia a few years back in lashings of rain and when hit Florida(sunshine state) the sun came out just over the border.

1hr and 20mins from here,left at 10:30am fantastic drive and beautiful countryside(better than the states for sure).

Copy that sunshine :D
    Had it here most of the day.
    just lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Tristrame wrote:
    Copy that sunshine :D
    Had it here most of the day.
    just lovely!

And yet a little north, cloudy all day till evening. 0.5h recorded.

• Advertisement

Drizzling here now after a dry afternoon, 16.7c currently but was up to 18c earlier.

Light drizzly rain here at the moment, currently falling at 2mm/hr , exciting stuff!
    Current temp 13.5°C

We're having our regular summers evening RISE in temp.
    Daily max is now and rising in the sunshine-17.3c

A little light rain earlier hardly wet the ground but down near Gorey the heavens opened,I'd say 20 or 30mm/hr for a short time around 4pm.

Sun's out here now too, is lovely to see it given the weather the last few days.

Ditto but there is a lot of low cloud/mist a blowin in off the sea.

Nice sunny evening for a change here too, 16.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Why is it OC all day and then in the evening the sun comes out for about a half hour. More drizzly stuff for the next few days I'd say, the met said wensday was when its due to turn better, doubtfull though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Started damp but not too wet, dried a fraction, muggy then bang! Poured down for an hour or so causing some flooding.

Mike.

Some rain early this morning (around 3AM, 2mm) and some light rain earlier this evening, thats it so far here (2.5mm)
    However is getting rather dark and ominous outside, seems like proper rain can't be far away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just had a really hard burst of rain, the hardest I have seen in years it even cut the sky signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Dark skies and its teaming down, don your weather gear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Heavy raaain is in my ears and in my eyes... do-do-doop doo.

irish1 wrote:
    Just had a really hard burst of rain, the hardest I have seen in years it even cut the sky signal.
    Indeed.
    As per the thunderstorm thread we had the works here.
    A lot of lightning and loud thunder and a record rain rate of 110.7mm/hr at 711pm
    Power even went out for a bit here and it's out still in loads of places.
    Total rain in 2hrs has been about 18mm.

Heh, even at 77.7mm/hr I didnt loose signal on Sky, guess I set it up well :p

Seems like its dying off now, only a lowish 7.1mm/hr now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Noticed my first flash of lightning just there (N.Dublin) ... lovely Irish summer :D

Fog coming in now.
    14.1°C and fog in mid June...show how wet this airflow is.

Keeping an eye on that precip hitting Wexford and Waterford at the moment., maybe it will develop as it continues northwards?

More heavy rain this morning.
    14mm/hr

Getting kind of ridiculous now.

june total so far 80.9mm and rising...

21.8mm/hr now and no sign of it stopping

very wet again this morning

monthly total now approaching 90mm

• Advertisement

Rain has stopped for now but more pushing up from SE shortly.Very muggy today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement