Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Wertz wrote:
    I dunno....is everyone forgetting about the glorious 6 weeks we had from Patrick's day on?
    The weather is balanced as far as im concerned.Its just bad timing.Mild winter,glorious spring,fickle summer so far,probably have a good indian summer in autumn,etc etc.

The Irish people in general usually complain about the weather and in some cases rightly so but most moan.Some like the rain some dont,some like the sun some dont and i think we would all complain about our humidity we get here.

Me i like the extremes,torrential downpours,wall to wall sun,high temps,bitter cold,gales,etc.
    This little nation doesnt experience extremes and i dont understand the fuss sometimes.Like most here i grew up with the torrents of rain too and so use to our typical summers.
    We get off very lightly when it comes to weather.In fact i can say most of the time its boring but thrive on an extreme event.This is entirely my opinion of course but untill the day we will have endure severe drought,constant flooding on a monumental scale,hurricanes or build underground tornado shelters,rebuild our homes or to seek car insurance covered due to dents by golf ball size hail,what is there to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Snowbie wrote:
    The weather is balanced as far as im concerned.Its just bad timing.Mild winter,glorious spring,fickle summer so far,probably have a good indian summer in autumn,etc etc.

The Irish people in general usually complain about the weather and in some cases rightly so but most moan.Some like the rain some dont,some like the sun some dont and i think we would all complain about our humidity we get here.

Me i like the extremes,torrential downpours,wall to wall sun,high temps,bitter cold,gales,etc.
    This little nation doesnt experience extremes and i dont understand the fuss sometimes.Like most here i grew up with the torrents of rain too and so use to our typical summers.
    We get off very lightly when it comes to weather.In fact i can say most of the time its boring but thrive on an extreme event.This is entirely my opinion of course but untill the day we will have endure severe drought,constant flooding on a monumental scale,hurricanes or build underground tornado shelters,rebuild our homes or to seek car insurance covered due to dents by golf ball size hail,what is there to complain about.
    Excellent post.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Light showr here at the moent, current daily rain only 1.5mm so far.

Looking at radar it seems that Waterford is pretty wet this afternoon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Usual story started bright and dry then showery then persistant and heavy now just dull and chilly, 9.5c says the car!

Mike.

Surprisingly it's actually a nice enough evening here- 16.7c

• Advertisement

Temp has dropped 3c in latest shower - now 12.1c from 15c an hour ago.
    Sunshine and frequent showers sums up today.
    Currently raining.

No sooner had I posted than the clouds started to lift and break. Now a fine evening if still on the fresh/cool side.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Wasn't too wet here today - the odd shower. Evening was nice but a bit on the cold side. 9.3c ATM - just starting to cloud over from clear skies a few minutes ago...

A

Lovely fresh day here today,all showers stayed west and south of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

A few drops early in morning, dry thereafter, but looked to be raining most of morning to SW.

Have just been hit by heaviest shower of month. Kind of came out of nowhere. Might be inland just enough for Longfield and Arctictree to record it.

• Advertisement

Bucketing down here. 10.1c ATM - not like the end of June at all!!

A

Mothman wrote:
    A few drops early in morning, dry thereafter, but looked to be raining most of morning to SW.

Have just been hit by heaviest shower of month. Kind of came out of nowhere. Might be inland just enough for Longfield and Arctictree to record it.
    Actually MM,seen that shower building moreorless north of me and just to my east.The moon illuminated it and it was growing.Dry at the time here but looked like it was heading for Trogdor.

Apparently flooding in parts of the county,ballycoolin,and finglas according to the radio.Dry but blowing drops in the wind.

Looks like we are getting a washout on the east coast. The backend of a LP over England. Just had a look at the charts:

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/atlantic-charts.asp

Wouldn't that be a perfect winter chart for a dumping of snow on the east coast?!

A

A fresh partly cloudy day with a gentle breeze.Temps near mid october values.

Started so well but its fupping raining again!

/shakes fist at sky. :mad:

Mike.

12.8°C outside, thats pretty much a winter temp these days - putting the heating on, someone remind me what time of year its supposed to be!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Longfield wrote:
    12.8°C outside, thats pretty much a winter temp these days - putting the heating on, someone remind me what time of year its supposed to be!

Saturday looks nice :rolleyes:

Rtavn964.png

Rtavn961.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

Keeping my thumbs held for Saturday, looks really good!

Longfield wrote:

I had the little wood stove on and off during June. Didn't turn it on at all during last summer! (Off topic - the wood stove is great. Havn't had to buy fuel since Nov 2005!)

Longfield - we can now see if you are at home by your webcam!!

A

arctictree wrote:
    I had the little wood stove on and off during June. Didn't turn it on at all during last summer! (Off topic - the wood stove is great. Havn't had to buy fuel since Nov 2005!)

Longfield - we can now see if you are at home by your webcam!!

A
    Heh, I suppose that's true, just as well I'm in an area where that's not a problem :)

Still waiting on a usb extender thingy which will mean I can put the camera overlooking the greenery from the other side of the house. Though the current view will be better as a snow cam in winter as the contrast between the yard surface and the snow will be more noticeable (I live in hope!!).

• Advertisement

Longfield wrote:
    Still waiting on a usb extender thingy which will mean I can put the camera overlooking the greenery from the other side of the house. Though the current view will be better as a snow cam in winter as the contrast between the yard surface and the snow will be more noticeable (I live in hope!!).

Hmm - not sure about that. The contrast of snow on green grass is very noticeable. Your yard surface does look a bit white...

BTW - Are you getting a wireless USB extender?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Chilly 12.9C here, leaving for France in 4 hours though, will post a few reports when or if i have internet and will try to keep the site going aswell;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

12.0C now, looks like my second crossing at dover-calais is going to be a bit choppy:eek:
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn189.png
    but on the plus side, GFS has been amazingly consistent with some very high CAPE values over Corsica on the 2nd;)
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn13211.png
    I've been watching it on every run since it was at T+180

Had a very heavy burst of rain a few moments ago only lasting 5 mins though.
    11.7c now.

12 degrees and overcast with light showers. Christ on a bike. :(

Mike.

Today is actually a nice day, the sun feels very warm after days without it. It's lovely and fresh in the breeze too, but definitely not cold.

Looks like we are on for some more very wet weather this weekend. Phew - got the grass cut yesterday....

A

Same here, brown bin day tomorrow. The cloud has lifted and its quite mild out there, still breezy.

Mike.

7.8c here and clear blue sky ATM. Possibility of a ground frost tonight??

A

• Advertisement

Just started drizzling here very lightly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement