Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

A nice 18.0C here, near Geneva, en route to Pisa. Still very cool for the time of year though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice enough day here, sunny intervals, not too cold, nice spring like day in fact.
    Max 16.4°C.
    Got my webcam setup facing greenery at last, much nicer to look at from work when I should be doing something else!

Artictree, has your cam packed it in? - picture quality used to be much better from it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Longfield wrote:
    Artictree, has your cam packed it in? - picture quality used to be much better from it.

Dont know - Quality definitely has disimproved - I'll turn it off all night and turn it back on in the morning - see if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Today was a nice day. Not too hot when working outside/not too cool, just perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tipping down, I thought we were in for a haf decent day. Its getting heavier. Driving from the shop this morning I thought if it were December it would'nt be any wetter/colder/darker.

The peeps of northern and western England have my thoughts cos they are going to get it bad.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Sorry all at home in Ireland ! A sunny cloud free 34 degrees here in Miami Platja near Salou Spain !!! Burning!!

A very nice warm/humid day today with a pleasant breeze at times, it actually felt like a summers day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Banner_girl

Its absolutely p***ing here at d mo and seems to be gettin heavier! :mad:

Unrealiable sun at the moment.

Mike.

The odd time the sun comes out today it feels very very strong and steam starts rising from the wet ground. it's a pleasant but humid feeling day at 20.5c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭quercus

quite dissapointed with the days weather, reached 20.5 and quite muggy in the sun. waited for the downpours and thunder but diddnt arrive. havent seen even one flash of lightning or heard thunder this year yet. what can i do????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

We had a 2 hour electrical storm last night Miami platja - near Salou - it was right over us for much of the time. I have never seen such a sustained thunder and lightning spectacle. Nature at its brightest and noisiest.AND wet! Kids thought it was brill!!!!

Nice 28C here in Lama, in the north of Corsica. It hit 33C earlier. There were a few cb's around yesterday and today but i didn't hear any thunder, there were a few storms in the South and Centre of the island overnight i think, but nothing reached here. Looks like it will be calm for the forseeable future here though which is fine...as long as it stays sunny:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

trogdor wrote:
    Nice 28C here in Lama, in the north of Corsica. It hit 33C earlier. There were a few cb's around yesterday and today but i didn't hear any thunder, there were a few storms in the South and Centre of the island overnight i think, but nothing reached here. Looks like it will be calm for the forseeable future here though which is fine...as long as it stays sunny:D

Hoping for some shots when you return. :D

Lovely outside now, completely silent apart from a few birds and still 23C
    Hal1 wrote:
    Hoping for some shots when you return. :D
    Why wait:p , if you want to see any pics of the holiday i'll probably be updating this:)
    http://theweatheroutlook.com/twocommunity/forums/thread/276302.aspx

Nearly dry day shocker. Nearly.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

About 25C in central Illinois today, humidity about 50%. Looking like rain, thunder and lightning for Independence Day tomorrow. Boo, no fireworks. :(

edit: How the 'eck did I get up here, just posted at 12:08!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Lashed rain in Naas from about lunch and continued with heavy sporadic showers as i left and drove to Carlow (Moone timolin seemed very wet)

Carlow has had heavy rain and continues to have showers

Dry and pretty sunny apart from a couple very brief light showers.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭quercus

max temp of 17.8 here today and some showers, moved along briskly on a blustery wind, felt kind of atumnal, not like summer at all.

• Advertisement

Cold, wet and windy here today. 13.5 ATM. Have had to put on the wood stove - not something I usually do in July!

A

Agree about the autumnal vibe, I quipped to someone yesterday that if you did'nt know, you'd think it was october.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Not the worse day,showers zipping by in that wind and when the sun is out its warm enough(out of the wind)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

All the heavy showers are a half mile up the road or so from me moving parallel to me,just got the side of one there but looks as if malahide and portmarnock are being washed out atm.Temp has dropped 3c in 5 mins here with a downdraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Snowbie wrote:
    All the heavy showers are a half mile up the road or so from me moving parallel to me,just got the side of one there but looks as if malahide and portmarnock are being washed out atm.Temp has dropped 3c in 5 mins here with a downdraft.

Those clouds look evil. I've never seen such a dark cloud cover soo much sky.
    Took a few photos with the phone,will see how they turn out later. Damn glad I ain't on a plane coming into Dublin,that could be one bumpy ride.:eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Some flooding on the way home this evening - places that didn't even flood last winter. Looking at the rain guage looks like a very heavy shower must have passed near here around 15:45, peak rain rate measured of 71.6mm/hr.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Wow, what a day. There were to be violent winds today all accross the North of the island, so natuarally, we headed off to Cap Corse, to the North-Western tip:D :p . It was truly amazing, the winds were Westerly and the road takes you up the eatern side of the headland before crossing to the far northwest and back down the coast. It was very windy on the Eastern side on the way down with all the big ferries hugging the coast for some shelter, i wouldn't have liked to be on them. Once we hit the north-western side though, facing the wind, it was incredable. Easily the strongest wind i've ever experienced. Just to get the full experience we parked in some old dusty car park once we reached the Western coast and walked, very shakily:p , to the top of a hill where the wind was coming straight off sea. Once there, we soon discovered that we couldn't actually stand, and if we tried we were pushed backwards and fell over within a few seconds. There was an old sort-of wind-mill on the top of the hill, so we approached on hands and knees to the shelter of it's walls. I'm nearly sure it was hurricane force, don't know what speeds exactly but definately sustained over 100km/hr anyway. I got some footage but i doubt much of it is any use. I could hardly see let alone video at the same time. It's actually given me a lot more respect for just how violent the weather can be. On the way back it started getting much windier along the east coast. We stopped in Bastia, where it was causing havoc, blowing cushions, glasses, boards, chairs and god knows what else out of the restaurants by the harbour. The roads were very dangerous aswell, not that it made any difference to the Corsican drivers(they're maniacs), the car was constantly being buffeted and some of the smaller cars were actually shifted across into the wrong lanes while driving!!!:eek: Certainly not a day i'm going to forget any time soon.
    Just had a look at the French forum and they said there was a gust of 151km/hr at Ersa, that was the last town we passed through before we hit the coast.
    http://forums.infoclimat.fr/index.php?showtopic=21165&st=120&p=516330&#entry516330

Here's a few pics
    Some of the today's threatening skies

http://www.brayweather.com/images/france/DSC_39890001.JPG

http://www.brayweather.com/images/france/DSC_39990001.JPG

http://www.brayweather.com/images/france/DSC_40120001.JPG

and the sea on the calm side(eastern)

http://www.brayweather.com/images/france/DSC_40180001.JPG

You'd want to get a load of miami.
    13,000 strikes in one of the storms here last night and that was just one of them.
    I've never seen as much lightning in my life...It sounded like shot gun blasts going off all over the place.
    That was last night.
    Belting sunshine and the high 80's today and it's all started all over again.
    The airport is closed for arrivals due to the lightning.

Sounds good Tristrame.
    Still breezy here but not too cool, still 20C
    Here's a quick video of the smal bit of footage i managed to get, of the sea on the Eastern side first and then up by the windmill

http://www.brayweather.com/videos/cap_corse.wmv

• Advertisement

Meanwhile - back at home....

Was just out on the lake - heavy squalls every 10 mins or so and feeling cool. Hope we have some sort of summer this year!!

A

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement