Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its nice here now (fresher) trouble is it'll be tipping down by morning I think :(

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Today was a nice change from what we've been having with nice long sunny spells and temperatures were perfect IMO, reaching 21c here and the humidity making it feel warmer. It actually felt like a summer day:)

mike65 wrote:
    Its nice here now (fresher)

Mike.
    Lol, were you complaining about the warmth today? What's your favourite type of weather then? You never seem happy with the weather;)

Yeah I'm picky! I like clear skies at 20c with a crisp light north-westerly. You get the sun but not the heat.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

mike65 wrote:
    Yeah I'm picky! I like clear skies at 20c with a crisp light north-westerly. You get the sun but not the heat.

Mike.

That would be my favourite type of of sunny summers day too, able to go out and about and enjoy it rather than sweating buckets and feeling lethargic.

Of course my favourite type of weather is a gentle north east breeze bringing frontal snow in shed loads here - I can send emails to my workmates stuck in the office looking outside at the sleety rain and send them snowy pictures to "cheer them up" as I cannot get into work :D
    A re-run of last winter would do me just fine thank you.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Lovely evening here and the first good sunset in quite a while:

P1010877 (Large).JPG

P1010885 (Large).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yeah nice sunset, hopefully a good sign of summer. Once we are rid of these LP's we are being bombarded with maybe summer will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yummmmmmmm

Another glorious day in this wonderful country :eek: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Right now here in cork, it's absolutly bucketing rain. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Rain has eased off for the minute,started just before 9 this morning.
    6.1mm so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

My desk is on the 3rd floor west facing of a building at the IFSC,Dublin
    I can see the area of the city centre and further...

It's raining... cloud cover as far as i can see.
    I could swear i saw a touch of sleet or snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It's not quite thaaaaaaaaat bad!!

But today really is probably the worst day of this prolonged Unsettled Spell and with little respite in sight, this Summer is looking like a total write off.

It's so dark outside, it's just disgusting!!

Today is absolutely awful, bucketing down here consistently for hours. The fields are completely soaked with floods in places, very bad summer for the farmers.

Agent J wrote:

I presume you're joking about the snow thing because it's simply not possible today with temps in the mid to high teens!

raining here i n south wicklowsince about 3am.
    Never too heavy-max circa 6 0r 7mm/hr but constant and wet.
    16mm almost now since before 4am

and 7c colder than this time yesterday.

play hasnt been able to start in the pga at water logged brittas bay.

Agent J wrote:

Thats just large drops of rain that appear to take on the form of sleet / snow heh. Get some fresh air! :rolleyes:

17.8mm so far here today, was sunny on the way home from work but here is misty and drizzly.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Spent the whole day on the road in this s-h-i-t-e. I'm actually quite 'knarked'
    at this stage. I'm suffering summer SAD I think.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Spent the whole day on the road in this s-h-i-t-e. I'm actually quite 'knarked'
    at this stage. I'm suffering summer SAD I think.

Mike.

Heh, poor Mike, have to say I'm lollers at your sig, its not looking good at all for sun lovers at all to be honest.

I quite enjoy driving into different weather truth be told. Often going home I'm delighted to see the Sugar Loaf covered in cloud while below its sunny like this evening.

As I ascended I met cars with lights and in some cases wipers still on (Renault drivers usually....) even though it was sunny and warm..but as the car drove higher and higher the sun disappeared then the mists came down and the wipers came on.

Driving along R755 on days like this can be spectacular..sudden dense fog patches then into brilliant sunshine..look to the right and there is rolling fog along Djouce's foothills..its really amazing and beautiful to see.

Have no summer complaints so far..than again beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I've a big grin on my face!

Maybe a drive around the Comeraghs might do the same for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Thought we might get a break from the rain for a day, but alas, not!! :(

The heavens have just opened in Limerick. Just about to leave for Killarney for the Pink concert and this just makes it peachy :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

It's a nice day here in Cork as well. Thank God for the break from the rain.:)

A glorious summers day! :D Not too warm no real wind just a scattering of fuffy clouds. Tis great. I'm in a decent mood.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Good to hear Mike.

ssshhh,no one tell him whats in store for tomorrow night

A nice day overall, earlier was mostly sunny and it felt quite warm but it's mainly cloudy now and temp is back down to 19c

Im glad the wet weather held off today, got a bit of much needed gardening done. :p

Started well but deteriorated from mid-morning, just bleugh now. Still I just saw the RTE forecast and it looks like we're in for a half-decent week by current standards. ie showers not organised rain with Thursday/Friday even summery I think.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Nice day here in Samoens in the Alps, maxed out at 31C, hard to beleive that there was lying snow with a max of 1C here, 4 days ago!!! It reached 35C on the car thermo coming back up through Italy yesterday. Looks like i may finally get a thunderstorm on here on Wednesday or Thursday:D

rotten here.
    Drizzle/light rain and a NE wind.

Enjoy your holiday trogdor.

Pretty decent, bright and sunny. A few light showers in the afternoon died away by teatime. Warm in the sun.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Dublin City Centre

Clouds all over the skyline. Looks like its about to rain any second...

Wait there it is....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement