Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sunny day, the wind is the main feature, a bit chilly!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

After a mainly dry day so far it's started raining heavily here now. 17.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Was down in Wexford earlier and there was glorious sunshine with temps hitting 21 from the car thermo. 17c here and a lovely bright evening.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lovely sunny day here, 19.6c and very calm. Whats all this about bad weather???

A

Lovely day in the southeast but I was in the wesht/midwesht and the showers are only mighty! :eek:

Mike.

• Advertisement

very wet here!

Well 5.1mm/hr which is wet enough.
    My face neck and arms are still stinging from yesterdays sunburn.
    No such threat today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Gone very dark here last few minutes, looks like rain is on the way again.

Hey Mothman - send one of your monsoons a few more miles inland to me here!!, all I got was a lousy 24mm/hr earlier when you were receiving almost ten times that rate!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just thinking, above all those rain clouds is a nice clear sunny heaven of sunshine. Its bucketing down here like the rest of the country . :/

Even though there's nothing much on the radar it's been bucketing down here for last 20mins

Ok what's up with the radar? In the middle of a ferocious downpour here, my garden is now flooded!

edit:23:33
    Downpour finally eased up now but i was amazed at how quickly my garden and paths flooded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

More heavy showers here this afternoon and approaching 8 inches total of rain for both June and July

Heavy rain here for about an hour now from that small shower on the radar while the rest of the country is dry:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Raining again and again, but with the odd break in the clouds letting some rays of sunshine through. Im waiting for september, cause thats when we usually get our summer tbh. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice day today here. No rain and fair throughout.

Must admit the sunshine in the evening is nice, even I wouldn't mind a few days of warmth and sunshine at this stage (ok maybe with a thunderstorm or two thrown in).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Longfield wrote:
    Nice day today here. No rain and fair throughout.

Must admit the sunshine in the evening is nice, even I wouldn't mind a few days of warmth and sunshine at this stage (ok maybe with a thunderstorm or two thrown in).

Yeah same down here.. Nice sunny day, warm and a bit breezy too..
    Heh, yep, i think we all want a thunderstorm or two to try out Snowbies ts detector...

Holy Crap! Two days of good weather in a row. Somethings wrong :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

mike65 wrote:
    Holy Crap! Two days of good weather in a row. Somethings wrong :p

error in the matrix...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Rain and wind incoming ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Yeah it was a lovely sunny day up until around 4 pm, it is now lashing down rain.

Humid but sunny.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭quercus

seen a strange cloud or more like one large collection of clouds today,at about 1pm, it ran from west to east directly over my head, for as far as the eye could see in either direction, can only describe it like a row, as if it had being pushed together from either side, nice and neat almost rectangular. with clear blue skys either side ,just one long neat row running for miles and miles and it was towering high and rising all the time. what causes such a formation to be contained in such a way?? it was amazing to see this one long line of huge towering clouds in an otherwise blue sky .

fast moving heavy showers.
    last one had a peak rain rate of 16.3mm/hr briefly.

Heavy shower here with some very strong gusts for a while.

Sunny and somewhat humid with the odd shoewer.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Heavy shower this morning and dry since,not a bad day overall.

Lovely so far. While its now de rigeur to moan, the last week has actualy been pretty decent down here, apart from being about 3-4 degrees cooler than you might expect.

Mike.

Lovely day here, warm sunshine and most importantly it's dry.

Not for much longer! The rain has arrive here.

Mike.

Ah he has an hour or so yet ;)
    It hasnt started here but soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

has been v heavy rain for about 3 hrs here. The relentless type just so you know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement