Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Tristrame wrote:
    Ah he has an hour or so yet ;)
    It hasnt started here but soon...
    It started here 5 minutes ago,Irish weather is great:D ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Very light rain/drizzle just started here about 10mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Rain has cleared to a cracker of a sunset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Great day after a slow start, the clouds have fully lifted and broken. The air is wonderfuly clean, the Comeraghs are not quite but nearly sharp from 20 miles away.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ChowChow

Thought I'd throw in a holiday post from Nice (France) :) 30c today very little breeze, always amazes me how consistent the weather is here (no rain for 40 days and counting). Looks like we are finally getting some decent weather back home.

• Advertisement

Gorgeous, perfect day down here. More please!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Today was lovely bright day here. About 25% cloud coverage and a gentle breeze. High of 19.2 at 3pm. 16.1 ATM. Low of 6.3c at 5:38am. From the charts it looks like our summer is improving...Got the grass cut aswell - first dry day in ages...

A

ChowChow wrote:
    Thought I'd throw in a holiday post from Nice (France) :) 30c today very little breeze, always amazes me how consistent the weather is here (no rain for 40 days and counting). Looks like we are finally getting some decent weather back home.
    Nice, I'm heading off in that direction at the end of next week:)
    Last night in tenerife it didn't drop below 40c because there was a breeze coming from africa:eek: :
    http://theweatheroutlook.com/twocommunity/forums/4/290124/ShowThread.aspx
    Today was the first summer day in quite a while, really pleasant and it's cheering people up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Glorious evening out there,long may it continue.Must dust off the bbq,give the suncream a good shake and get a few beers in(well i get the beer anyway) but is nice to sit out in the sun with a bottle or 8,tis looking warm for the end of the week.:cool:

Snowbie wrote:
    tis looking warm for the end of the week.:cool:
    Yup, it was refreshing to see the mid twenties shown on the tv chart in this evenings forecast

• Advertisement

Lovely day today, broken cloud, 22.1C and low humidity, only 44%!

Wow.
    At the other end of the county,theres a good strong sea breeze(almost 20mph at grond level-enough to temper any temp!) and the humidity is 70%
    Temp is hovering in and around 18c.

Wall to wall sun, warm after a chilly enough start under still clear sky (twas foggy over the Suir).

Mike.

Wonderful day, perfect temperature at 20c with unbroken sunshine.

A scorcher of a day with a west wind and since 13:00 no sea breeze.
    Temp shot up to 23.8c max and only 38% humidity with a SW wind now.

The Gale force southeasterly sea breeze (well not quite gale force but 20mph at ground level) continues to temper things here.(we were westerly too earlier this morning)
    I see mothman has near 30mph gusts but SSW so not a sea breeze.

Humidity remains above 70% here.

Lovely day though so I'm not complaining-except for the sunburn since I was out in it most of the day working-you'd swear I'd been sailing.
    *wind and sun together are not good for the skin*
    Sunscreen is, but it's smelly dirty stuff when you are working up a sweat :(

Got to 23.4C here with 35% humidity

trogdor wrote:
    Got to 23.4C here with 35% humidity
    Lol, what is with my location when people on the coast frequently record way higher than me? It only go to 20.5c here but you and snowbie got to 23c, is there something wrong with my thermometer:confused:

Tristrame wrote:
    *wind and sun together are not good for the skin*
    Sunscreen is, but it's smelly dirty stuff when you are working up a sweat :(
    Aye i hear you,doing the front garden today,sweating also smelling like a coconut:D ,factor30+ and still got burnt:rolleyes:.Wind has been strong wsw or sw and was refreshing in the shade but could really feel the heat in the wind exposed to the sun.
    My UV got a reading of 10.5 which is very high,so no wonder why.

rc28 wrote:
    Lol, what is with my location when people on the coast frequently record way higher than me? It only go to 20.5c here but you and snowbie got to 23c, is there something wrong with my thermometer:confused:
    Don't quote me on this as i may have no idea what i'm talking about, but is it the "foehn effect"? The wicklow mountains were causing the South-Westerly to rise and dry out which then warmed as it descended to the coast. I think thats how it works, that would explain the low humidities aswell. Or......your thermomater could be faulty:D

• Advertisement

Well sort of but it had a lot to do with the direction of the breeze.
    Mothman had a 30mph wind and still got to 22c because it was a land breeze.
    Here we were stuck with the cold sea gale breeze.
    Interestingly I see Dublin airport only maxed at 21c today.

Lovely and sunny out still and now (yeah now :() it's swung round to the SSW...

By the way snowbie,you wouldn't wnt to be beside a farmer with any kind of sun block on when sweating,it just smells rotten-so I don't use any..

sunblock+sweat=Turbo BO

p.s I see florida is thunderstorm heaven again today with a cold front.

Tristrame wrote:
    By the way snowbie,you wouldn't wnt to be beside a farmer with any kind of sun block on when sweating,it just smells rotten-so I don't use any..

sunblock+sweat=Turbo BO

p.s I see florida is thunderstorm heaven again today with a cold front.
    lol
    Florida lit up atm alright
    http://www.flamedia.com/light2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Summer's day today; max recorded in back garden 24.2C!

Mobhi1 wrote:
    Summer's day today; max recorded in back garden 24.2C!
    Dublin airport had a max of 21c today, either your thermo is broken/you have it in the sun or you have a serious micro climate. Then again, snowbie recorded 23c so maybe dublin's UHI effect is really strong (but I thought uhi is only supposed to add 1c to the temp:confused: ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Roasting today with temps expected to go to around 100-104F at the weekend, gah. Right now it has cooled down to around 23C thank God.

rc28 wrote:
    Dublin airport had a max of 21c today, either your thermo is broken/you have it in the sun or you have a serious micro climate. Then again, snowbie recorded 23c so maybe dublin's UHI effect is really strong (but I thought uhi is only supposed to add 1c to the temp:confused: ).
    Dublin airport is a synoptic station used by met.ie,in otherwords it fits the criteria of being in a prime location for measuring weather.
    Mothman is also in a prime location for measuring weather and uploads his data to met.ie.
    This forum is not a professional site for sharing data with a met organisation,its a forum for other people to share their conditions from their own expense and interest if they have a weather station.

As for the rest of us,not really well suited(well if Tristrame ever gets to place his ane higher and gets his true wind speeds well then he could be well suited:p:D ),we are just amateur weather enthusiasts sharing our data.
    The likes of the mountain boys(longfield and artictree)data would not be used by met.ie as their elevation creates its own climate(heavier rainfall,stronger winds and lower temps)basically its a mountain range climate but we are all interested in their winter climate and could be used to show local conditions if travelling through their areas.
    Longfield(fairplay)has put up a webcam to show us his conditions which will be interesting in winter with the snow.Roundwood is 2.5c colder than me espeically in winter.So if its 5c and sleety,it could well be snowing up there thanks to them lads sharing their data.

As with me,its got too damn built up around here in the last 8 months and thus increased temps in a heat island maybe by 1c,1.5c,i dunno compared to this time last year(have to move;) ).Id say Henry St/Mary St in the city would have felt a temp of close to 26c on tuesday with buildings traffic and people giving off heat 5 miles south of here.So my temps be inaccurate for a synoptic station even though ive included a fan aspirated sheild to my station but thats making environment temps more accurate here but it is what i record and temps is what i feel,if it helps someone in this area with an interest well then sobeit.See my attach below of what happened when wind swung from east to west on Tuesday.Did heat island warming as well as a land breeze contribute to my high temp of near 24c today,possibly yes(land breeze help increase temp obviously and on a plus side was nice and warm)even though im exposed both east and west here.Was hovering at 19.5c when wind was east or sea breeze.

So i dont think thermometers are broke,yours his or the next persons,its all to do with location and placement(shelterd away from solar),if its in their backyard or open countryside,thats not the point on this forum,this is the only community here speaking about weather in this country afaik,its fun and interesting.Christ i supply a lightning detection at my own expense and met.ie hasnt got one.
    So this forum aswell as met.ie is informative both can be classed as pro or amateurish whatever people may judge it by but you can have your say on here and your own personal conditions straight away viewed for an area.Makes us unique from a pro met organisation as we have our own conditions placed in a wider area up to the minute for more people to view and judge from.

Remember its all just fun and interesting and informative.
    Also here is that attach about sea breeze V's land breeze.:)

Ironically it's warmer here today as that front pushes down.
    I see it's only active on either end of it now.

The sun is out here in the last half hour pushing up the temp

currently 20.7c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

rc28 wrote:

Well, the back garden would be fairly sheltered and the thermo has only a makeshift screen but it's probably not far off the mark. And, according to the 9pm forecast last night, Phoenix Park recorded 22C which is slightly closer to my temp!

Just had a short downpour here out of nowhere.
    38.9mm/hr max rate.

• Advertisement

Thank God for the wind today.
    Hit a high of 29.1c Humidex with air temp of 24.3c when sun came out.You could feel the heat straight away.Very heavy out there.
    Tristrame wrote:

sunblock+sweat=Turbo BO
    Say you smell of roses today:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement