Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Yes snowbie, it would be extremely sticky without that wind. Got up to 23.2c here and still 22.9 now. Lovely day with frequent sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull all day I doubt the temp got to 20C here.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Absolutely beautiful evening here, nice breeze and warm temps with sun out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

jaysus it's so humid

Lovely start to the day here, fair weather with an nice breeze and temps already at 16.9°C, looks like being a nice day (at least until the rain arives!).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Last night was very mild, at 2am the temp was 17.9c! Nice enough morning now.

Damp overnight. About 80% overcast and variable wind.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Had a couple of heavy showers here in the last hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Snowbie wrote:
    Had a couple of heavy showers here in the last hour

And I'm getting one now.

Edit, actually to qualify, its a shower, but not heavy

Edit Again :rolleyes: it's not light either!

ps ps Edit Maybe I should delete and start again :D it's bordering on heavy :D

Sunny and dry a few big black clouds passed harmlessly overhead. :)

Mike.

• Advertisement

Mothman wrote:
    And I'm getting one now.

Edit, actually to qualify, its a shower, but not heavy

Edit Again :rolleyes: it's not light either!

ps ps Edit Maybe I should delete and start again :D it's bordering on heavy :D
    Had one here around lunchtime and I can see one just north of Ballymoyle now-it looks narrow but heavy-possibly the one you got.

No rain here all day, just warm sunshine. 17.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A fine day here, although my afternoon ray catching session was interrupted by a small shower, i had to bring in my cushion for my sunbed, a terrible hassle.

A nice pleasant day nonetheless although abit cool when the sun went behind that puffy cumulus.

Was going to post this in "notables" thread, but its not that exceptional.
    This morning's min of 5.0C is my lowest in my records (1999).
    5.0C min in August is not usually notable, there has just been an absence of them during past 10 years or so. Others may consider it notable for that fact alone.

Grass min 2.0C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

I got down to 6c last night. It did feel chilly. That would have been refreshing last year!!

A

Suprisingly like summer! That said its cool enough already a 7.20 pm.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

mike65 wrote:
    Suprisingly like summer! That said its cool enough already a 7.20 pm.

Mike.
    I would've said it felt more like April today, although i got a little sunburnt:rolleyes:

Lovely day, though not as good as most of April 2007 :)

Great day, nice pleasant evening too.
    I'm off to France tomorrow, it should definitely be warmer than here with temps around the high twenties down in the south, I think I've earned it after this summer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Well for some! I noticed the nip in the air when bringing in some gardening tools at 10 pm. It was the same last night aswell. Some nice sights of the stars.

• Advertisement

Well for some! I noticed the nip in the air when bringing in some gardening tools at 10 pm. It was the same last night aswell. Some nice sights of the stars.
    Was at the mobile in courtown last night and true,a very starry night.Its nice to see stars outside the light poluted skies of Dublin and lads was it chilly last night down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Snowbie wrote:
    Was at the mobile in courtown last night and true,a very starry night.Its nice to see stars outside the light poluted skies of Dublin and lads was it chilly last night down there.

Nice one Snowbie. Did you go for a walk to the pier? We were at the end of the south pier fishing until about 9pm! Yes - it was a bit chilly as the sun went down...

arctictree wrote:
    Nice one Snowbie. Did you go for a walk to the pier? We were at the end of the south pier fishing until about 9pm! Yes - it was a bit chilly as the sun went down...
    Small world aint it,was at the beach untill about 8pm(the sandy beach side,stoney beach on the other side of the pier) yeah and noticed fishing off the pier alright.

Before all that i had a pint in the roundwood inn(she drove;) ) and later travelled through longfield territory(annamoe) on the way to claralara with the kids.
    Fantastic countryside in your parts of the world and went over the bridge in Annamoe where longfield (i think he mentioned before) goes for the strolls near the river there.
    lol,saw a lovely house for sale out there and got me thinkin i think between your towns or just beyond annamoe (im not sure)up on the right near the petrol station:D

Yep very chilly later on in the night,felt about 6ish 7ish in the very wee hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

wind is picking up, i think it's going to rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The evening and nights are very uncomfortable in central Illinois these days. Right now, just gone 7:30 pm and its around 81F (around 27C) and humidity at 70%.

Things are that bad, in the town I live in, someones air conditioning unit was stolen. Link here.

Light drizzle here this evening, a whopping 0.5mm in the last couple of hours, what a waste of a weather front!

Crappy day in every respect. Dull dark damp and dank.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Crappy day in every respect. Dull dark damp and dank.

Mike.

Yep, exactly the same here, not really windy, not really rainy, just drizzly crap on and off all day here.

Image below shows exactly this :-

RainHistory.gif

I noticed the garden here is getting slightly squelchy - first time I noticed that since moving here - there is pretty good drainage.

Only 6.1mm of rain fallen so far today even though it hasn't stopped fully at all since midnight..mind you if this was snow I'd be doing cartwheels right now with the prolongness of it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Heavy shower here now, and very gusty, strongest winds in a while.

• Advertisement

A cool breezy day here - max was only 16.5°C, currently 14.4°C.
    A couple of very light showrs, not enough to even register on the weather station.

Artictree- pleasure meeting up with you today . I reckon you probably have the best views there of anyone on boards - I'm very jealous - must look stunning in the snow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement