Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fantastic autumn day. One shower which felt like January mind you.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Bloody hell........tis a cold evening out there, current temp here of 11C with a windchill of 8.2C, feels a lot colder than that though in that brisk northerly wind :)

Crisp to say the least of it this morning 3C in the car. Keen wind on the coast making feel very chill for a while, then clouded in and warmed up a bit. 14-15C

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tis actually warming up here this evening, still bloomin chilly though at 12.5°C.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Bleugh, damp and dismal.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Met Eireann had forecasted a pretty bad day nationwide from what I can tell, but it's a lovely day here. Breezy and a bit cold but the sun has been shining with some broken cloud since when I got up at 9.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

After some pretty heavy soaking rain before 4pm it's sunny and mild now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some pleasant sun today but some nasty showers as well, it felt alot milder than yesterday thankfully

A rather balmy night out :( , 15.6c currently here and a light shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Mixture of dull/wet/bright/dry/cool/warm day here. The weather can't make up its mind if its summer or autumn!! 14.5c ATM

A

• Advertisement

Mild, clammy, damp and drizzly......yes its Friday September 21st :p currently 16.1c and have recorded 36.2mm of rain in the past 24 hours!

Some feck-you showers in the south-east, got dreched twice (at least!). Humid and nasty, much fresher furthur west.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

11.7mm today, mostly overcast atm with a few drizzley showers around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

9.7mm.

Got heavier as i stepped outside to go to work this morning to a flat tyre.:(

Some decent rain here today 18.5mm, Mothman got a little more I see.
    Was a nice drive to work today, though it was raining it was pretty clear, yet on the foothills of Djouce there was rolling fog, amazing to see from a distance.

Cleared now to a nice evening, could get pretty foggy tonight if conditions remain like this for long.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Temp plummeting tonight, already at 7.8°C

OutsideTempHistory.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Longfield wrote:
    Temp plummeting tonight, already at 7.8°C
    No wonder my feet were starting to get cold on the bicycle......I'm just in

Beautiful start to the day here. Light ground frost this morning with an overnight low of 4.2°C, but is recovering pretty fast, currently 14.1°C

Bright day warm in the sun.

Mike.

Not a bad day at all, apart from the wind at times. I got a max temp of 23.5c at 2.13pm, does that sound right? Current temp is 14.8C and a light southwest wind.

• Advertisement

20.7c max here but then influenced by a sea breeze and dropped back then.15.9c with a warm land sw breeze.

Bright and dry, proberly a few showers in the offing later.

Mike.

A couple of showers earlier before the heavier stuff later on this evening.
    Might be a rumble or two.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another lovely day here today, dry with warm sunny spells, its clouding over now tho.

Having some quite heavy downpours now, although according to the radar there is heavier to come later on. Mild night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Rain just starting here, getting steadily heavier.

Extremely heavy downpour here for the last 10mins

Chilly in the wind a mix of bright and showery.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

rc28 wrote:
    Extremely heavy downpour here for the last 10mins

That was exceptionally heavy rain and caught the tail end of it I reckon. I was on my way into Dublin centre, wipers where maxed out and visibility was very poor.

• Advertisement

Lots of heavy showers around late afternoon and early evening.
    64.8mm/hr in the last one.

Clearing up now and getting chilly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement