Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Gonna be a cold one - wonder will there be a frost tonight. If the wind drops further it could become frosty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

It would seem I didnt get all that much rain last night or today, we had a couple of showers, but nothing heavy (see graph below).

Max gust I got today was 25.2mph, currently 10.9C.

th_61349_graph_122_406lo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Chilly and cloudy,nice autumnal weather for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Leaves are changing really fast here now, can even notice the difference since last Saturday.
    Air has a real autumal feel with a temp of 10.4°C and a dew point 2.8°C and winds dropping. Going to be a ground frost here tonight almost certainly.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agreed, very parky the moment the wind picks up from still. Drier than I ws expecting, just a couple of lighs hsowers early on. Chilly night I think.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Currently 9.1C here in Carlow Town, chilly ol' night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Nice crisp morning here. 8.1c ATM. I doubt if I'll see much higher than 13 today.
    Low of 5.0 last night.

A

Jebus! I walked home from dropping my car into a garage at 9.30, it was pleasent, now its freezing out there, the wind has picked up and the cluod bubbled up. Brrrrrrrrrrr. A taxi later I think.

Mike.

Temp up and down atm,10-11c ranging.Wind has veered N to NE with a line of showers over the Irish sea.Clouded up here and feels like a January day out there.

Brrrr, bloody cold out there!! (Nice full and very bright moon though!). Temp currently 6.8c

EDIT: Just fallen to 6.6c literally in a minute or so...

• Advertisement

What a dismal September day - cloudy, breezy and 8.6c !!

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Yesterday's 12.9C was my lowest Sept max on record by more than a degree. Today has matched it.

Had a light shower about an hour back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

A lovely day here in Donegal. Clear blue skies and quite warm out.

smashey wrote:
    A lovely day here in Donegal. Clear blue skies and quite warm out.
    Warm out:eek: ,you Donegal folk aclimatised already.:)

Touched 13c for a short while earlier.Sunny and a chilly Irish sea breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Very foggy this morning around 12C, temperatures expected to hit the mid 20's by the afternoon. Cooldown has definitely begun. :)

Snowbie wrote:
    Warm out:eek: ,you Donegal folk aclimatised already.:)

Touched 13c for a short while earlier.Sunny and a chilly Irish sea breeze.
    We're a hardy bunch. :) It is nice in the sun now but my car was reading 1.5 deg. at 7.00 this morning.

Had a few light showers blowin in from the sea in the last half hour.
    Overcast atm.11c

Just gone very cloudy here and the drop in temps has been reversed. Went down to 6.3c at 19:50 but now back up to 7.9c. Just shows how much a cloud cover can affect temps at night...

A

Think of it as a large fluffy duvet cover.If it falls off you get cold and if it stays on your nice and warm.

I have warm air trapped underneath my duvet cover(no pun intended:D )blown in from a warm sea. still 11c

All hail the city! Last night put said card over screen and sure enough no frost! Went to work (in countryside) and all the cars were iced over. I like the city :)

Nice day once the sun had got some elevation, wall to wall brightness

Mike.

• Advertisement

Temp seems to be stuck on 6.2c here, there was a slow drop in the temp, but its halted for the time being.

Absolutely bucketing down rain here. Didn't see that one coming....

A

Heavy enough showers moving in from the sea affecting the south Dub area and North Wicklow.Can see them from here.

I think we are getting that Autumn effect of a cold north easterly over a warm Irish sea generating heavy showers. Very hard to predict more than a few hours in advance. If this was Oct/Nov, could be even more dramatic.

A

Another lovely sunny day up here.:D

arctictree wrote:
    I think we are getting that Autumn effect of a cold north easterly over a warm Irish sea generating heavy showers. Very hard to predict more than a few hours in advance. If this was Oct/Nov, could be even more dramatic.

A
    Similar setup to the October 2003 event.Although that time we had a more unstable setup with the LP closer to us.But true if a little colder, it could be identical to 2003.

Some damp overnight, cloud lifted became quite mild, clouded in. No wind to speak of.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

arctictree wrote:

A
    I was wondering why it was raining this morning when there was frost forecast.

Currently 10.6c here in Ceatharlach, light NW breeze.......chilly out, but I dont think theres any risk of a frost :p

• Advertisement

Utterly hideous. Cold, damp and cloudy. :(

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement