Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Sun is out now and turning much milder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Snowbie wrote:
    Sun is out now and turning much milder.
    Lucky you, it's overcast here as it has been all day:( , currently 15.1C

trogdor wrote:
    Lucky you, it's overcast here as it has been all day:( , currently 15.1C
    Nah pretty crappy,feels humid:( and very unseasonal like compared to the past few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis brightening a bit, I spot a couple of blue holes in the canopy.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dull and overcast with occassional drizzle here.
    Bit of excitement though, theres a film crew here shooting scenes for a film (with a bizzare name I can't remember) about an alien that lands in the middle of nowhere..that would be Annamoe to a tee :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

What a horrible day!! Overcast, damp, cold, drizzly, wet, murky....everything thats bad really :p

Currently 12.6c here, SSE breeze and a slight bit of a fog down.

Cloudy from start to finish. Milder.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Went over to Kilkenny today. Lovely sunny weather in the afternoon in the Carlow/Kilkenny area. As we drove back the weather got worse. Lots of mist over the Wicklow gap and damp and cloudy back in Roundwood. Looks like the east is getting the worst of the weather these days. 9.0c here ATM.

A

arctictree wrote:
    Lovely sunny weather in the afternoon in the Carlow/Kilkenny area.

It sure was, a grand day with an a nice touch of Autumn in the air too. Currently 10.4c here and a light NW breeze.

Dull , overcast and drizzly at times here again today. Max temp 14.9°C
    At work was much nicer with sun on and off most of the day.

Driving into work was pretty cool, there was fog about a foot deep (dunno if fog is the correct term?) just sitting on the tops of the fields between Djouce and the Sugarloaf, a bit like dry ice on Top Of The Pops, was a very strange but beautiful effect.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Thats one way of putting it :p. It was freezing fog, bloody freezing. ;)

Probably felt freezing alright out in it, but temp was closer to 10°C than freezing this morning.

Longfield wrote:
    Dull , overcast and drizzly at times here again today. Max temp 14.9°C

Same here but there was a couple of hours of nice sunshine in the afternoon.

Not much really happening on the weather front this time of year!!

A

Cant say what it was like during the morning/early afternoon as I was stuck indoors :rolleyes:. I was walking home from college at 5pm though and it was a very nice evening out, noticably darker than normal, a coolness in the air and not a breeze out, very nice evening!

Currently 12.9c and a bit of a drizzle falling.

A chill this morning,followed by a stuffy afternoon.Damn head cold wont budge.Hooter is like a pulsating beacon at this stage.:eek:
    In doors again tomorrow and its meant to be milder and close.:( :(

Bring on the northerlies to clear all this stuffiness away:)

Piss poor day, wall to wall cloud, drizzle. Bleugh.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Another lovely day up here. Started out with fog but that soon cleared. We're the new Rivieira I tells ya. :D

mike65 wrote:
    Piss poor day, wall to wall cloud, drizzle. Bleugh.

Same sh*t different day...

Aye, same here, 13.2c when leaving home at 9am. Dull, grey, humid and slightly misty.....not nice :rolleyes:

Murky manky mucky here all day, 1.3mm of pure drizzle and mist.

Reminds me a bit of the pea souper fogs we used to get in Dublin in the early eightys before the new "clean" fuel laws came in. That said, periods of cool settled anticyclonic weather in autumn and winter were more frequent in those days I think.
    I often remember being out on my pushbike and coming home with my clothes stinking of smoke and petrol fumes, not nice at all.
    Roundwood village was a bit like that this evening passing through on the way home. Lots of people with open fires at home and the smoke going completly nowhere, yuck. Thankfully here its misty but clean misty.

• Advertisement

Very murky here too. Very low daily temp range here too. High of 13.5, low of 11.3. Currently 12.2c. More rain forecast for tomorrow...

A

Truly awful, esp in the morning with some heavy enough rain, then murky but very mild in the afternoon.

Tomorrow is a write off. I'm not at work so I'm not going out!

Mike.

Started wet but its looking brighter and is dying out. A hint of blue mixed into the grey palette.

Mike.

Dont speak too soon! Another organised band of heavy showers coming our way: http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

A

Saw that and there are threatening signs out west, was going to do some DIY on the back door frame as well. Pity. ;)

The sun is out right now.

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a narrow rain crossing us now but i think the afternoon shud be dry here once the rain clears.

Had a very heavy shower at approx. 1.20pm, will check the rain rate when I get home. Looks nice out now though, sun shining and a bit of a breeze blowing.

Max rain rate was 46mm/hr from the last band that went through here.
    4mm fell from that and 11mm in total for the day so far.

Wow - suddenly there's blazing sunshine. What a relief from the last few days of dark, wet depressing weather...

A

• Advertisement

Ditto that, DIY being done after all :)

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement