Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thank funk the sun's out again here. Haven't seen it in over a week I think now at home.
    13.7mm rain today, not a bad total.
    Tonight could be pretty cool and foggy if the wind stays down .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

11.3mm total rain here in the past 24hrs. Just been outside, a pretty chilly evening out, temp currently 11.4c

What a grand morning out! :) Clear skies, a bit of a breeze and an autumnal bite in the air, grand morning for walking. Low of 6.2c last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Lovely morning here compared to yesterday's rain.
    Very still out.

Totally still out here too, beautiful evening sunshine and mild temperatures, currently 12.7°C falling rapidly.

Possible ground frost here tonight I suspect.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fantastic day, must have hit 16/17 this afternoon. Fogy start but quickly burned off.

Mike.

I'm increasingly confidant of frost tonight. Wind is calm.
    Temperature is 8.7°C currently and falling rapidly, thats 4°C fall in the last two hours, impressive stuff.

I got a high of 20.1c today :eek: Temp currently 12.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Longfield wrote:
    I'm increasingly confidant of frost tonight. Wind is calm.
    Temperature is 8.7°C currently and falling rapidly, thats 4°C fall in the last two hours, impressive stuff.

I think the air mass might be a bit too warm for a frost at this time of the year. It seems to mainly come from the south. But we'll see...!

A

arctictree wrote:
    I think the air mass might be a bit too warm for a frost at this time of the year. It seems to mainly come from the south. But we'll see...!

A

Dunno about that. Its 7.7°C here now and still falling (abeit more slowly) though Mothman is catching me fast looking at his site.
    Mothman stop robbing my cold air!!

• Advertisement

8.7c here ATM, low of 5.7 overnight. Looks like it will be a lovely day today, which is just as well because I'm getting married later (14:30)! Wish me luck.....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Congratulationa Artictree. Best of luck for the future and happiness together. You sure picked a cracker of a day for it it is beautiful here in Drogheda too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

arctictree wrote:
    8.7c here ATM, low of 5.7 overnight. Looks like it will be a lovely day today, which is just as well because I'm getting married later (14:30)! Wish me luck.....

A
    Typical. Weather entusiasts get good weather on their wedding day. :D

Good luck.

arctictree wrote:

A

Good luck! :D You picked a fine day, sure its back to the summer we've gone! 14.5c and beaming sunshine here.

arctictree wrote:

A
    Ah well done arctictree and mrs arctictree,weather be fantastic for your day.
    Have a great day.:)

Thanks everyone! Time to sign off and face the music!! Got a bit cloudy earlier but sun has now come out again and getting warmer....looks like luck was on my side!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It's usually the bride who is late. :)

"Sorry darling, I was checking the Stephenson screen!"

Congrats on the ball and chain! :p

As for the weather, its not as warm or sunny today but pretty damn fine for October.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Congrats arctictree, was lovely earlier but has clouded in here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Congrats arctictree. Beautiful mild day, fantastic looking misty sunrise too.:)

• Advertisement

arctictree wrote:

A

Huge congrats Arctictree!, you certainly picked a great day for it :)
    Hope the day is going brilliantly for you and the missus.

Another grand day out there! Not as warm as yesterday and a bit more cloud about. Currently 17c and a SW breeze.

Ditto that but after a foogy start down here.

Mike.

Looks like another ground frost here tonight, clear skys , no wind and temp dropping steadily, seems to go slightly lower each night in this spell.
    Currently 7.6°C

Mist really thickening here now.Warm wind from the sea is creating advection fog right over my head and lowering all the time.

Snowbie wrote:
    Mist really thickening here now.Warm wind from the sea is creating advection fog right over my head and lowering all the time.

Sounds interesting, pics at sunrise could be nice (if yer clear headed :p )

Heres a little crop of a pic I took at Djouce Golf club this morning at sunrise.

morningdew_djouce_golfcourse_a.jpg

Sounds interesting, pics at sunrise could be nice (if yer clear headed )
    lol,not after that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Lovely day today - sunny all day long. Max 20.3 in garden and certainly felt like it! Was tempted to seaside - went to Portrane but was much cooler there with light breeze off sea but water still warm enough for paddling!

Very foggy this morning.Unless the wind picks up,this is going to hang around all morning untill a weak sun can burn it off.
    100 meters visibility.

• Advertisement

Low cloud, no wind. Mild.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement