Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

7.3c here, up from 6.8c a little while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Longfield wrote:
    Must remember to stock up on rulers to stick in my garden to measure the snow depth this coming winter
    Yep hope i can use something bigger than a microscopic twig to measure my depths this year.First coldish Nw'ly zonal blast next week.It will certainly mark the boundary between the lovely weather of late to more something like autumn what were use too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Started dullish and steadily worse as we go, now heavy drizzle and a bit windy.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Drizzly and breezy here.
    Was lovely all day in Loughlinstown, but thats in the rain shadow of the Wicklow mountains unlike here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Very dense fog here atm,a really slow scary drive home from the parents.Visibility virtually zero.10 min drive has taken close to 20 mins.

• Advertisement

Nasty fog decended here about 11 pm last night, now dull and dry but damp feeling. It won't lift today I suspect as there is'nt a breath of wind.

Mike.

Horrible.............HORRIBLE day out!! Mild, damp, drizzly and windy! :( 16.4c here and a SW'ly wind.

Overcast and dull here all day but sunny in Terenure -car thermometer was reading 19.5°C, was very pleasant altogether.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Wind picked up and for about 5 mins it nearly got bright, sadly back to where I started. :(

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

18C in Dublin Airport and very cloudy according to met eireann, if it were really sunny today we may have goten up to 20C!

• Advertisement

Light rain and drizzle here currently with a bit of a breeze blowing, manky weather tbh!
    Looks to be mainly orographic in nature, not even showing up on the rainfall radar.

Currently 15°C and 0.5 mm rain so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nasty day outside, makes me want to stay indoors. :/ Around 12C, cloudy skies and looks like opening up shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Very mild and wet out there tonight. 14.4c ATM. My worst kind of weather!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Nice day here today; dry, sunny and pleasantly warm but very strong southerly breeze. Max recorded 19.5. Pleasant evening too; currently 16.3 with broken cloud but very breezy.

Complete turnaround on yesterday, bright and sunny. Mild.

Mike.

Nice morning, clouded over now and starting to rain a bit.

Had a very heavy shower approx. 30 mins back, recorded 4.6mm of rain in that one. Temp was 15.1c an hour or so back, down to 10.8c now, with a light to moderate SSW wind.

Pretty heavy rain 26.2mm/hr and thunder heard, wasnt expecting that!

Drove back home in that torrential rain.Recorded 85.1mm/hr rain rate.

Chilly, breezy and bright here today. 9.0c here ATM.

A

• Advertisement

Cold and mixed.

Mike.

Deffo milder today, some some in the morning cloudy since lunchtime.

Mike.

Mild and drizzly here, currently 12.0°C.
    Interesting local variences - Arcticree is curently 11.0°C and Mothman at 10.8°C is colder again.
    Arctictree is a closer to the coast than me but is a bit higher up (roughly 250m). Mothman is very close to the coast and is considerably lower levation (I'm at 204 meters and Mothmans at 6m I think).
    I should add Arctictree popped over recently and his station was reading only about 0.2°C different from mine in exactly the same location so our two stations are very directly comparable.

I'm closest to the Wicklow mountains so think I'm getting a bit of orographic stuff from the mountains close to me.

Fascinating stuff (imho!), I'm guessing the drizzle here is local and that Mothman and Arctictree have clear'ish skies leading to lower temperatures than here despite being pretty close.

Longfield wrote: »
    Mild and drizzly here, currently 12.0°C.
    Interesting local variences - Arcticree is curently 11.0°C and Mothman at 10.8°C is colder again.
    Arctictree is a closer to the coast than me but is a bit higher up (roughly 250m). Mothman is very close to the coast and is considerably lower levation (I'm at 204 meters and Mothmans at 6m I think).
    I should add Arctictree popped over recently and his station was reading only about 0.2°C different from mine in exactly the same location so our two stations are very directly comparable.

I'm closest to the Wicklow mountains so think I'm getting a bit of orographic stuff from the mountains close to me.

Fascinating stuff (imho!), I'm guessing the drizzle here is local and that Mothman and Arctictree have clear'ish skies leading to lower temperatures than here despite being pretty close.

Yes, interesting stuff allright. As you've guessed, its semi cloudy here. I can see stars outside but also quite a lot of cloud. No drizzle though.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Currently 11.8°C here at the moment. It's been mostly cloudy here all evening with patchy drizzle now and again. The temperature has been stuck between 11.6 and 12 over the past 6 hours or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Curruntly Overcast with Patchy Drizzle.

Temp 12.8c

Humidity 89%

Pressure 1025.6 mb steady

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Curruntly Overcast with Patchy Drizzle.

Temp 12.8c

Humidity 89%

Pressure 1025.6 mb steady

Welcome Paddy.1 what part of the country are you in?

12.6c here, very mild, overcast type of morning......not Halloween weather :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Welcome Paddy.1 what part of the country are you in?

12.6c here, very mild, overcast type of morning......not Halloween weather :p

Hi, thanks for the welcome CroppyBoy, I am based Tuam, Co Galway. Was posting reports on UK's 'THEWEATHEROUTLOOK', and was shown to this home based forum by 'Trogder' & 'Earthman'.
    Looking forward to reporting from the drizzle drenched West!!:o
    Paddy.
    Currently 13.9c / 86%rh
    1925.7 mb steady to falling.
    Cloudy. Blustery WSW Breeze.

Vey mild earlier in the sun, cooling off as its filled in though.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

17.5C today.
    My record Nov max is 16.9C
    Could be broken tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement