Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

15.1C now, doesn't feel very autumnal outside some breaks in the cloud appearing so it might cool off a bit soon.

Welcome Paddy, good to have your reports:). What kind of station do you have if you don't mind me asking? It looks like your pressure's a bit low at 1925.7mb no?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Welcome Paddy! Will be good to get reports in from the West!

Very Mild here today 11.5c ATM. I'm looking forward to the frosty weather at the weekend!

BTW - Interesting program on RTE2 at 8pm - 'The Year without Summer'

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mothman wrote: »
    17.5C today.
    My record Nov max is 16.9C
    Could be broken tomorrow.

Absolutely smashed.
    18.2C max so far during the 10 minutes sunshine. Sunshine is quite scarce, but if there could be an hour of it (very doubtful!) then I'd see 19C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Warm and sunny. if it was'nt for the low position of the sun you'd swear it was May

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

trogdor wrote: »
    15.1C now, doesn't feel very autumnal outside some breaks in the cloud appearing so it might cool off a bit soon.

Welcome Paddy, good to have your reports:). What kind of station do you have if you don't mind me asking? It looks like your pressure's a bit low at 1925.7mb no?:p

Thankyou all for the welcome!1

Pressure is precise to 0.01mb's!
    I set pressure by Met Eireann reports from Claremorris during uniform pressure gradients over Ireland, (10 miles away) and also from this excellent site which is updated every 20minutes or so.
    http://www.xcweather.co.uk/30m/GB/pressure.gif (Select Pressure)

It is strange, but I always thought 'Earthmans' pressure reports were always a little too low for the SE of Ireland by about 1.0mb. But what the hell....If you feel it is too low, then please advise!!

With regards Weather Station. I don't really have anything of note. (Dosh Problems, I am but a mere student.. )Temperature & Humidity readings I take from Oregon Scientific and Lacrosse Outdoor Temp Remotes in Stevonson Screen. Both sensors read exactly the same consistently.

Pressure readings I take from Oregon Scientific and Voin. Both show 100% consistency. The Voin Marine Barometer reads every 15 seconds & records slight changes of 0.1 hPa'+- within that time frame.

Hoping to get a lot more advanced in the future. So advice always welcome!!

Current Conditions:
    Overcast. Breezy. Odd patch of Drizzle.
    15.3c / 86% rh.
    1030.3 mb. rising very slowly.

• Advertisement

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Thankyou all for the welcome!1

Pressure is precise to 0.01mb's!
    I set pressure by Met Eireann reports from Claremorris during uniform pressure gradients over Ireland, (10 miles away) and also from this excellent site which is updated every 20minutes or so.
    http://www.xcweather.co.uk/30m/GB/pressure.gif (Select Pressure)

It is strange, but I always thought 'Earthmans' pressure reports were always a little too low for the SE of Ireland by about 1.0mb. But what the hell....If you feel it is too low, then please advise!!

With regards Weather Station. I don't really have anything of note. (Dosh Problems, I am but a mere student.. )Temperature & Humidity readings I take from Oregon Scientific and Lacrosse Outdoor Temp Remotes in Stevonson Screen. Both sensors read exactly the same consistently.

Pressure readings I take from Oregon Scientific and Voin. Both show 100% consistency. The Voin Marine Barometer reads every 15 seconds & records slight changes of 0.1 hPa'+- within that time frame.

Hoping to get a lot more advanced in the future. So advice always welcome!!

Current Conditions:
    Overcast. Breezy. Odd patch of Drizzle.
    15.3c / 86% rh.
    1030.3 mb. rising very slowly.

Sorry, i meant to say too high, your report was out by 900 mb's!:D;)

trogdor wrote: »
    Sorry, i meant to say too high, your report was out by 900 mb's!:D;)

Just realised.....Just banged my head off the wall a couple of times, and got the kids out on the street to give me a jolly good kicking.

My apologies.....:confused:

Current Conditions:
    Still the Same.
    Temp 15.1, falling very slowly.
    1030.9mb rising very slowly.

Never got near 18C again. Cloudy throughout apart from the hour to 10:40.
    Interesting temperature spike that myself and Longfield had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Maxed at 17.4c in sunny spells but stayed around the 15.5c mark most of the day

Edit:My highest ever temp i recorded in November

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Never got near 18C again. Cloudy throughout apart from the hour to 10:40.

Yep, I was looking at the temperature chart on my site in work and though it was odd. Looking at your 24 hour chart its pretty much the same extreme spike at the same time, very interesting day.
    I imagine that its probably going to be a while before today's max of 15.7°C is exceeded here too.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Reached 17.6C earlier, and felt very mild out. Almost felt like summer
    Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Just realised.....Just banged my head off the wall a couple of times, and got the kids out on the street to give me a jolly good kicking.

My apologies.....:confused:

Current Conditions:
    Still the Same.
    Temp 15.1, falling very slowly.
    1030.9mb rising very slowly.

No need for apologies, I just like to point out the little mistakes:o

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

I noticed the very same thing with a peak around 10:30, then the temp dropped back by a degree or so over 40 minutes and then rose again to peak at 15.6 for the day.

Thanks Trodger, I feck up sometimes...
    Current Conditions.
    Cloudy, Moderate SW Breeze, A little cooler than last night which saw a low of 13.4c..

12.3c / 89% rh. (1st November peak: 15.8c this morning:mad:)
    1033.6 mb rising slowly.

(Not sure how that thumbs down thing got on the top of this post, but please ignore it!!!

Chilly this morning with a slight "wet-frost" in the shadows at 9 am. Should be warm in the sun from now on though.

Mike.

A scorcher!, sunny all the way. Today is about to slot into 2nd place (behind yesterday) in my Nov temp league.
    The sunshine remonds me of thje first few days of Nov last year, though it was much cooler with maxima some degrees cooler.

Current Conditions for Co Galway.

Generally Cloudy With a Few Bright Spells. Very Mild. Breezy.
    15.0c / 83% rh
    1034.0 mb falling very slowly.

Now that the sun is dropping, temp is following.
    Maxed out at 17.5C, unbroken sunshine, about 7 hours so far.

Max of 15.8c with 3.2hrs of sun

Very mild again today, with a max of 17.4C

Current Conditions for East Galway.

Cloudy and Mild. Wind Light and Decreasing.

12.0c / 88%rh (Today's Maxima: 15.7c).

1034.6 mb Steady.

• Advertisement

Temp dropped this evening quickly in the clear - to 6.8°C, however clouded up since then and warmed up to 9.8°C and not fluctuating much around there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

6.5c here ATM and clear and calm.

Just drove from the Airport where it was 14c and cloudy

A

Dull and cloudy this morning,temp didnt fall much below 12c overnight.

down to 4C with a slight grass frost.

Rose dramatically at about 4am. Now 14C

8.5 hours sun yesteray.

Very mild out there, cloudy and quiet.

Mike.

Lovely sunny morning but blanket of cloud moved over from the north and just dull and overcast now.
    Still, feels pretty mild for november, currently 13.1°C here.
    Had to adjust the webcam as it looks like the lower sun at this time of year is burning out the ccd.

Cloud broke about lunchtime.

Mike.

Has been a constant drizzle for the last 2hrs here.Terrible out.

Was just down in Ashford, was drizzly there too.
    Very low cloudbase, just above me here, but dry for the moment.

• Advertisement

Turned heavier than drizzle. More than 4mm recorded. I wasn't expecting that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement