Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mothman wrote: »
    Turned heavier than drizzle. More than 4mm recorded. I wasn't expecting that.

4mm is rain MM, its misslzing here..maybe .004mm

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Current Conditions for Galway East:

Cloudy. Calm. Dry & Mild.
    11.5c / 90% rh
    1031.9 Falling Slowly.

Today's Maxima: 14.7c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Dunno what the temp was in town but it felt surprising mild coming out of a gig earlier which definately wasn't hosted by MCD:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D

100% overcast and mild. Could be a good day for cutting the grass one last time.

Mike.

Current conditions in East Co Galway.

Cloudy. Patchy Drizzle. Mild and Breezy.
    11.4c / 91% rh
    1026.5 mb falling slowly.

Today's Maximum: 12.7c

• Advertisement

Back garden cut! Another quiet day, overcast after a sunny start.

Mike.

Current Conditions in the Wesht.

Cloudy. Dry and Quite Mild. Slight WNW breeze.

7.5c / 86%rh

1036.6mb rising steadily

5th November Maximum: 12.3c

Seems to be a slow cooling trend..:cool:

Very bright and sunny, hardly a sneeze of wind. Warm in the sun, chilly out.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lovely day here today. Cool, circa 10% cloudy and Calm. 10.9c ATM

A

Current conditions from a very balmy Galway.:)

Cloudy. Recent thundery shower. (a pleasant suprise). Mild with increasing W breeze.
    11.9c / 86% rh.
    1024.3 falling more rapidly.

Todays Max: 14.3c

Was a usual slightly above average day here in East Galway. Around 5.50pm however, the heavens just opened. It was brief but quite shocking as it was not expected. It just showed up as a yellow dot on Met Eireann radar, a dot that seems to have its origins in West Mayo. No lightning or anything, but about the most interesting thing that has happen here in the last week or so, meteorlogically speaking that is.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

That active front is crossing over head here now.
    Max gust so far of 34.5mph and 10min avg of 20mph.
    Max temp of 13.2c now 12.2c and falling.
    Not much rain so far 1.3mm and max rain rate of 37.1mm/hr

Just started getting very windy and rainy here now. Temp 12.3c ATM.
    Snowbie, I can see you are at 11.6c. Looks like there is a big drop in temps behind that front...

A

I wouldnt say a big drop and looks like it has peterd out as it has moved SE.Fell 2c during the passage of the front and wind has remained breezy and veered NW now.
    The polar fronts have the biggest drop in temps 6 or 7c behind them so this front is not as active as i thought.Rained for 10 mins.

Has introduced cooler air alright and the dewpoints have fallen considerably.

Started bright but filling in, the wind is picking up and I'm staying in.

Edit - tis pouring down. Cold with it.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp dropped from 12.3c to 8.7c between 10:30 and 11:30 as the front passed. Creeped back up to around 9.5c an hour ago but now back down to 8.2c and feeling rather chilly in that breeze.

Temp down to 6.7c here. Going to be cool and windy tonight. Perfect November weather!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

A raw, windy day. Had some very heavy rain before 11am with strong gusts that appeared to be part of that front which turned into a real squall line over england.

8.2c atm and cloudy but clear just to my west.Nice autumnal weather for a change.
    Fresh breeze making it feel very chilly.

EDIT:Just as the clear slot came over the temp has dropped back to 7.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice clear evening, if the winds die down could be some frost around by morning.
    That front that pased through this morning gave a peak rate of 53.1mm/hr which is pretty impressive for the time of year
    Currently 6.5°C but pretty breezy still, will drop fast once the wind dies down.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Flip its gonna feel cold tonight.

Mike.

• Advertisement

6.6c and falling.Wind now from the west and still strong enough with ocassional squals up to 20mph helping lower temps here from cooler inland regions.

4.2c here ATM. I'd say its cold enough for snow on some of the higher mountains given some instability in that air flow. As it got dark, I could see Lug covered in cloud...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Currently:

6.5C air temp
    3.0C windchill
    2.9C Dewpoint
    N'ly wind

Had a very heavy shower at approx 11am, got 3.1mm or rain in that.

arctictree wrote: »
    4.2c here ATM. I'd say its cold enough for snow on some of the higher mountains given some instability in that air flow. As it got dark, I could see Lug covered in cloud...
    It's certainly possible,the dewpoint here has gone below zero.
    Thats the first sub zero dew point I've seen at this hour of the evening here since the early months of the year.The NW breeze here would be coming directly down from Lug.
    Pressure is a tad too high though at 1025.4mb and rising fast so no instability I feel tonight anyway.

Icy in the that wind.Temp ranging from 6.1 to 6.5c in the last hour.
    In a few months we be saying this is mild.
    The RH is around 70% so the air and ground is not completly dry and is why my dews havin subzero'd yet hovering 1c.The longer the clear night goes on, the colder and crisper the air will get,returning a negative value in dewpoints here.

Situation in Galway:

Partly Cloudy. Freshning NW Wind. Reasonably Mild.
    7.4c / 74% rh (snap!)
    1031.4 steady.

Today's Maximun: 12.4c

This evening was certainly a change from the norm. Watery blue skies that made it look, and feel, as it should do at this time of year.
    Glad there is a change of air, it just feels more alive..:)

Bright and cool, a slight wind.

Mike

Temps are much colder than this time yesterday but it feels less colder due to no wind chill.

Nice cool, bright, crisp day here. 5.9c ATM. Low of 3.3c overnight. Weather over the last few weeks has been quite good, dominated by HP close to us. We are yet to receive our first real Atlantic battering. Long may it last!!

A

• Advertisement

Max temp of 10.4c in mostly cloudy skies.Felt cold all day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement