Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Not much happening out there thus far, 9.4c, bit of a wind has picked up from the NW, gusts up to 8/9mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Not much happening out there thus far, 9.4c, bit of a wind has picked up from the NW, gusts up to 8/9mph.

Yup not alot of muchness at the moment.

I hope the glimpse of a northerly transpires for the late this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Galway Now. (Repeat of last night!)

Overcast. Mild. Drizzle dying out.

9.1c / 90%rh.

1024.1 rising very slowly.

Today's Max: 10.2c

Today was relentlessly overcast, with drizzle on and off. Just before nightfall, the drizzle thinkened and the sky lowered which made for a very gloomy, but very dramatic scene. Was driving out the country just north of Tuam at the time, and with the now leafless trees, the black grey low sky, it really did look like a November evening that lets us know that summer is truly finished. It was almost impossible to imagine that summer brightness ever could ever occur in the region. It was great!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Another dull damp sort of day.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

A wet sunless day, 9mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Pretty damp here too, some terrible conditions higher up on R755 on the way towards Roundwood - flooding, moderate rain and patchy fog and mist, not great to be driving in the pitch dark at all.
    Just drizzle here though, interesting to see that you've twice my precipitation Mothman.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Weather was brutal here all day with heavy drizzle, tomorrow should be much better with just drizzle forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Snowbie wrote: »
    tomorrow should be much better with just drizzle forecast.
    Don't know whether to laugh or cry:):( especially it was just drizzle forecast today.

Longfield you're probably above the clouds :p explaing why I got so much more

Galway Tonight:

Light Drizzle. Light NW Breeze. Mild.

10.3c / 91%rh

1026.2 rising.

Today's Max: 13.2c

Not sure what it was like here in Galway all day as I spent it in Dublin. It was really an awful day there, cold with persistent rain and a breeze that would cut you in half. I got saturated, and had to wait for 5 hours in Heuston Station shivering and wet.. (I missed the first train back) Back in Galway now and still haven't warmed up. Seems to be only a drop of rain this side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

weather was crap today with that crappy rain and i kept on having to go out in it now and again for work

It was like july all over again with the rain - hadnt seen it in a while ifor the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Dull, dry, milder.

Mike.

Godawful drizzle has finally stopped here and is just cloudy with a layer of stratus overhead, temp dropping slowly, currently 6.4°C.
    The ensembles are interesting, very unusual look about them, this autumn has been very different synopically to last year, lets hope it leads to a different winter too.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Bloody hell :mad:, WHEN is something remotely interesting going to happen with the weather?? So mild and clammy out today!

Currently 7.8c here (no risk of frost so :rolleyes:) and a SE breeze

Its happening right now!!
    This time last year we were stuck in eternal gales and rain that persisted for most of the winter too, this year we are close to anticyclones all the time.

Its very exciting to see its developing differently, maybe snow this year wont be a mountain only thing.
    I'm pretty positive on how things are going so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

1.3mm today, temp is rising here, currently 8.3C
    Bloody hell :mad:, WHEN is something remotely interesting going to happen with the weather?? So mild and clammy out today!

Currently 7.8c here (no risk of frost so :rolleyes:) and a SE breeze

Early next week might be a bit more interesting. I don't find the weather interesting at all at the moment. It's interesting as far as synoptics but I'd much rather have gales. Although if it leads to a cold winter then I'm willing to put up with it;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

6.3c here ATM, cloudy and calm.

With regard to the synoptics, I find it amazing the prolonged presence of HP in the mid atlantic. All the LP systems hitting us are coming over this from a north westerly direction. Sundays LP is coming from the Iceland direction so below average temps are expected...

A

Skies cleared here and temperature falling pretty fast. Currently 6.3°C

Wind has picked up. Some very light drizzle and temp has gone up to 7.7c

A

Current Conditions for Co Galway.

Cloudy. Brisk SW Breeze. Mild.
    9.6c / 85% rh
    1022.3 mb falling more quickly.

Today's Max: 11.2c

Was not too bad of a day here in Galway. Some brief sunny spells and mostly dry, after some intense drizzle yesterday.:)
    Wind is picking up now to a definate howl.. And it looks like a change is on the cards, at least according to model outputs and Met Eireann. There seems to be a bit of panic on the British forum about the synoptics of next week, but I think for us it is not looking to bad at all... well if you like cold, windy weather...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temperature fell pretty quickly here too under a clear patch, down to 5.9c, but has since clouded over with some very light drizzle. Back up to 7.1c now and the wind is starting to pick up too.

• Advertisement

Currently 8.3c here and lashing rain. Temp peaked earlier at 9.1c and has been falling very slowly since. Should be much lower tomorrow....

A

Raining, dark, grey and windy. Currently 9.6c, a S'ly wind and rainfall in the last hour of 3.1mm

Damp afternoon, currently 8.6°C with 8.6mm rain so far.
    The week ahead looks interesting to say the least ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Around 8-10C in central Illinois today. Mostly overcast and probably the same for the next few days.

Tipping down now, blustery winds. Mild.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

:D:eek:
    Just had an absolutely mental downpour with lots of hail thrown in. It lasted only about 2 minutes and was unbelievable- the gutters of my house were all full instantly and bursting over the edges. Raining moderately again now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I swore I saw some sleet mixed in with the rain as well during the really heavy parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

rc28 wrote: »
    :D:eek:
    Just had an absolutely mental downpour with lots of hail thrown in. It lasted only about 2 minutes and was unbelievable- the gutters of my house were all full instantly and bursting over the edges. Raining moderately again now.
    Can see it on the radar alright. Nothing too heavy here, had 5.8mm here so far.

Looking at the radar sequence it seems like the front is slowing as it moves southwards.

Anyone in Tallaght here?, looks like some pretty decent echos around there.

• Advertisement

Yes, that front seems to be stalling over us. Hope its gone by the morning. Been circa 8c here now for the past 4 or 5 hours and raining heavily.

A

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement