Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yep, remarkably low temperature variance today. High of 9.1 and low 8.3, pretty small!
    Current rainfall up to 16.5mm, probably will be around 26mm or so by the time this has passed which is a pretty reasonable total.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Temp has suddenly dropped - now 6.8c and still lashing rain...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Up to 9.1mm here with a few heavier bursts passing atm. Temp took the same drop here, from 10.0C to 8.3C in half an hour but steady again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

In Saggart here. The rain did pick up quite a bit an hour or so back, but eased off again after 5-10 mins or so. Recorded 3.6mm in the hour up to 20:00, total of 13.5mm so far today.

Temp now down to 6.9c from around 8c an hour or so ago.

Temp wasn't so stable, down to 8.0C now with 10.4mm of rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Cold front passed just after 8pm
    16mm
    currently 7.8C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Rain never too heavy here today,just persistent.
    9.4mm so far and with some bright echoes at the end of the front over Meath.
    8.3c and falling slowly.

Wind totally died down here.
    Going to be some very slippery roads in the morning if the skies clear overnight.
    Rain so far 21.1mm and temp 6.3°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Looks like the heavy rain will clear the east in the next hour or so, but there seem to be heavy squalls hitting the west.

5.7c here and still dropping. I wonder is the LP directly over us now?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Rain finally stopped here around an hour ago, total of 17.1mm today, the wettest day since I got my weather station!

Temp was steady at 6.4c for around an hour but has begun dropping again, down now to 5.9c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Stopped raining here also, total rainfall for me in the past 24hrs has been 26.4mm. Temp currently 6.5c, falling very slowly.

Dull damp drizzly morning. Flat calm - 6.2c

A

Chilly 6.6c Wind has veered northerly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Started bright clouds gathering, cooler but not too bad.

Mike

Vantage pro2 has a snow symbol for the first time displayed:D

7.4c and DP 6.3c so dont think so.Just started to rain and wind picking up making it feel raw out.

Temp is at 7.7C no snow symbol yet here:p. Rain just starting to get heavy here. Looks like it's going to be very wet this afternoon with very slow moving rain just moving onshore now.

Raining for the last couple of hours here again after a lull this morning.

Currently very wet with a rain rate of 25.4mm/hr

Gone pitch black here with some very heavy rain atm.
    EDIT: winds have just swung ENE here as well

Yeah if we had a low pressure like this hitting up into a true Easterly feed from the urals next month,we'd be digging ourselves out :p

(I see it's falling as snow in central wales)

Being bombarded with hail now, shredding any remains of the leaves on the trees
    EDIT: I think my rain bucket must have become blocked overnight or this morning it doesn't seem to be picking this up at all.
    EDIT 2: Just realised my anemometer pole probably blocks rain in a Northerly. They're so rare that i hadn't noticed it before. North is to the left in this picture
    http://www.brayweather.com/images/DSC_50170001.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Sounds good trogdor, hope it comes my way. Been dry here since this morning and there has been good blue skies for last couple of hours but cloudier now again. Feels chilly.
    The fields got a real soaking after last night's rain- plenty of little floods and the level of the small stream nearby is a good deal higher(although it has been very low this autumn)

I couldn't tellyou if theres hail falling here as it's almost dark as night and I can hear the rain pounding down still.
    I shall find out shortly though as I have to go out to work in it now :(

Bucketing down rain here now. Temp static at 6.0c

Anyone think we'll get any colder or are we stuck at these temps??

A

trogdor wrote: »
    EDIT 2: Just realised my anemometer pole probably blocks rain in a Northerly. They're so rare that i hadn't noticed it before. North is to the left in this picture
    http://www.brayweather.com/images/DSC_50170001.JPG
    Have you wind up there?
    It's flat calm down here-no breeze at all meaning the rain is coming straight down.
    Rate is back to 3.3mm/hr now - still wet
    Total in the last couple of hours since about noon is 5.1mm to add to yesterdays llittle lot.

Can see its pitch black in your direction trogdor but nothing here atm.
    In fact its bright overhead.

Edit:Rain moving onshore now and is getting dark quickly.

Tristrame wrote: »
    Have you wind up there?
    It's flat calm down here-no breeze at all meaning the rain is coming straight down.
    Rate is back to 3.3mm/hr now - still wet
    Total in the last couple of hours since about noon is 5.1mm to add to yesterdays llittle lot.

Fairly breezy NNE, you can see the angle in the rain, the pole is so close to the bucket that even a light breeze would stop rain in a Northerly i think. All the roads have a ton of surface water on them but I've only recorded 1.5mm in the last 2 hours, i'd say it's closer to 9mm or 10mm. Anyway still coming down hard here, the darkness seems to be extending up towards you snowbie, it stretches as far North as i can see. Temp droped from 7.8C to 7.1C in the heaviest but is now rising again even though it's still very heavy IMO. I think i just heard a clap of thunder put the pounding of the rain is so loud i'm not sure

Heres what it's doing in wales at the moment
    From the UKMO-weather warning
    Snow is likely to settle mainly above 200 metres. 5cm are likely in places with 10 to 15cm possible across hills above 300 metres. Later tonight, snow is likely to turn back to rain with a slow thaw setting in. The Public are advised to take extra care and refer to the 'Highways Agency' or 'Traffic Wales' for further advice on motorways or trunk roads.

And Heres some pictures of current conditions there

Wales gets all the fun lately these past winters.

3/4 mile away to my East my mother says the heavens have opened.
    Bone dry here but black dark swiping me.

Raining cats and dogs here at the moment.
    Took a spin in the car through Sally Gap this afternoon. The fog was so thick in places I could hardly make out the road in front of the bonnet, quite something . Suffice it to say the rain was coming down pretty heavy there too. Temps were a dissapointing 4.5°C at the highest points of the drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Darker sky to my east/southeast, fresh breeze blowing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement