Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Starting to rain now,never been so eager for it to do so before.If that were snow and missing me so close i be going off my melon by now.

Very slowly nudging westwards pivoting around that LP to the south of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Heavy rain with some sleet/hail in the heavier pulses.

Basically pitch black and its just hit 4pm

Its freezing out too, just ughhhhhhh! This is what you call and easterly gone wrong!

A few c's and we would have been laughing:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

That rain band should nearly be over me by now but there's still clear skies above, i think the rain is sort of sliding southwards more than west towards me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

No such excitment here with just light showers and little wind.

6.5c / 88%rh

1000.5 mb. rising very very slowly.

7.1mm rain today
    It eased off into showers since I last posted.

• Advertisement

Looking at the radar,a second low has formed over the channel isles and is pushing up into Engerland atm becoming complexed.
    The first is still spinning away over Bristol.The two will probably pep up the rain/snow over there again.
    Play the loop.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Rain has stopped here and temp at 8.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Longfield wrote: »
    Raining cats and dogs here at the moment.
    Took a spin in the car through Sally Gap this afternoon. The fog was so thick in places I could hardly make out the road in front of the bonnet, quite something . Suffice it to say the rain was coming down pretty heavy there too. Temps were a dissapointing 4.5°C at the highest points of the drive.

Was a lot of minor flooding on the roads around Bray and the mountains. Worst was probably the first bridge between Lough Dann and the sally gap where the water was flowing across the bridge. Was some flooding on the bridge across the Blessington lake as well but it was just standing water. There was wet snow falling on the sally gap(probably around an hour and a half after you Longfield) when i was there and the car thermo was reading 2.0C, wasn’t sticking though. And in Blessington, it was 4.5C still with some very heavy rain there with some sleet as well.
    Wind changed direction after i left to a North-Easterly and the total is now 7.9mm. Temp rose here though and is now 8.8C.

That rain has finally arrived here, moderate at the moment with soft hail mixed in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

trogdor wrote: »
    There was wet snow falling on the sally gap(probably around an hour and a half after you Longfield) when i was there and the car thermo was reading 2.0C, wasn’t sticking though.

You've no idea of how that drives me crazy!! The whole feckin' reason i went up there was to see the first sneachta of the season and snap it!! Instead all i got was fog and cold cold rain!

Next weekend's snow hunt up Kippure looks tasty though, should be fun :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Snowbie wrote: »
    Looking at the radar,a second low has formed over the channel isles and is pushing up into Engerland atm becoming complexed.
    The first is still spinning away over Bristol.The two will probably pep up the rain/snow over there again.
    Play the loop.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Rain has stopped here and temp at 8.3c

Reports on UK forums seem to indicate it's becoming a pretty widespread sleet/snow event with metoffice snow warnings out too;
    http://theweatheroutlook.com/twocommunity/forums/t/13832.aspx?PageIndex=7

• Advertisement

Last night around midnight it was raining pretty heavily and it's still raining this morning (some heavier bursts too with little bits of hail). The rain is hitting the northern facing windows which doesn't happen too often.
    6.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

3.7c here ATM and bucketing down. Dark and Miserable.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Surrey Snow

7cm's of laying snow in Buxton Derbyshire.

Reports of up to 10cm's of laying snow in places and roads closed, according to the news this morning.

Mainly rain for Surrey yesterday, just a period of sleet/wet snow around teatime.

Temps rose during the evening and that was the end of our "snow event" :rolleyes:

Cheers

SS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

B!ue steps in front of the telecast weather map and looks into the camera. Takes a deep breath as the light comes on.

"The weather for So Cal beaches Monday will be temporate averaging 25C, so if ye're about when the sun comes up, be sure to wear something you can peel off as it gets warmer. A hoodie would be good, with a T and shorts... Eat your heart out Viktor! ... Oh, sorry about that folks, it just slipped out."

B!ue regains her composure and turns away... "Now for a word from our sponsor."

Ridiculous amount of rain again today-total now 12.2mm including a burst at 2.54 pm of 48mm/hr.
    It just goes light,it never actually stops

On the radar it's a curve of yellow like a clipper.
    It's so narrow,I was down in Gorey just now and there wasn't a drop.
    I left the monsoon about 4 miles down the road on the way to Gorey and about an hour later heading home,I drove into the same monsoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Strange weather here. Temp hasn't moved more than 1 degree in the last 10 hours. 6.4c ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

6.4c here also, it was down to 5.5c a couple of hours back when the sky cleared, but its raining again and the temp has risen a little.

Heavy rain here again.
    Current rain rate 24.9mm/hr

Current Conditions for Galway.

Mostly Clear. Breezy. Mild (ish)

5.0c / 87%rh

1003.2 rising slowly.

Today's Max: 7.2c

Pretty non-discript day here today. Windy with light rain this morning gave way to dull, breezy conditions for the rest of the day. Sky cleared somewhat this evening, though remaining breezy.

Total rainfall for today in the space of a few minutes has risen another 1.1mm to 16.8mm.
    Rain rate back to 5.8mm/hr now.
    What a trully awful day in these parts.
    NE wind at 20 mph straight off the Irish sea.

• Advertisement

Another 6.4mm of rain overnight(rain rates in the showers above 20mm/hr at times) to add to yesterdays 17,thats almost an inch in 24hrs to add to a similar amount on saturday.

The main bands seem to be coming in off the Irish sea over louth and also south of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Some major downpours last night out here, 18.7mm since midnight and 7.8mm in the hour to 8am alone.

That brings my total to 63mm since Saturday morning. Temp here now is 6.9c, hasn't changed more than a degree in the last 20 hours, max of 7.1, low of 6.1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wet and cold, lightening strike in Tramore has knocked out a sub-station.

Mike.

Not near as cold as yesterday.Temp dint fall much below 9c last night and not climbing much above that either.Air is sourced more of a southern nature.

Chillier few days to come with extensive frost by night.

Brightened up, sun now out. Still Cold.

Mike.

Not much to report here. Cloudy and hazy. Also very damp despite lack of rain.
    8.3c / 89% rh.
    1003.3 steady

Looking at GFS for tonight, I think the East of the country has a good potential for some thundery activity tonight and tomorrow as a secondary low pushes up the Irish sea:

http://theweatheroutlook.com/twodata/gfs/06_24_mslp850.png

Be worth keeping an eye on anyways...:)

Yep possible alright.Storms are still rumbling away over the Celtic sea all morning.
    have to check the Cape and LI from the 12z later to see if the potential still remains as the system drifts northwards.

I have recorded near 500 strikes since 8am this morning down there.

Still bright and sunny and erm quite warm now as the wind has died.

Mike.

It was sunny here too for a while but now it's dark as night with a heavy rain shower-todays total just shy of 7mm

I hope the irish sea remembers us here when its a genuine easterly blowing in the snow showers later in the winter.
    Yesterdays 17mm and todays 7mm's would surely equate to near a foot locally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Tristrame wrote: »
    It was sunny here too for a while but now it's dark as night with a heavy rain shower-todays total just shy of 7mm

I hope the irish sea remembers us here when its a genuine easterly blowing in the snow showers later in the winter.
    Yesterdays 17mm and todays 7mm's would surely equate to near a foot locally!
    7.1mm here today
    37.9mm since Saturday*, The heavy rain woke me up last night and i couldn't help thinking how much snow we'd have in a proper Easterly.
    *Although i think my rain bucket might be a blocked or something I'm going to have a look at it tomorrow. The max rain rate it recorded for today was 0.8mm/hr which is definitely wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement