Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temp falling back slowly here down to 6.6C with the dew point falling away too, now down to 2.2C. Completely overcast though preventing the temp from dropping too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Temp falling slowly with occasional drizzle here, currently 4.6°C. I imagine as the colder air arrives skies will clear.
    Gonna be a typical northerly here from the looks - dry. If temps dip below zero its going to be a very penetrating frost as is still breezy here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

5.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

4.5c and DP of 2.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp has been falling pretty steadily at around 0.6-0.7c per hour since around 4. Down to 3.8c here now with a DP of 2.0c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

5.4c and falling only slowly atm.Weather forecast promting a above 0c night here in the east due to an onshore breeze.Still from the NW.

Midlands and south will get an air frost,so Croppy,you should record low temps tonight for sure.

Temp 6.1
    dp 1.6C
    Some clear patches appearing now

nemonoid wrote: »
    Temp has been falling pretty steadily at around 0.6-0.7c per hour since around 4. Down to 3.8c here now with a DP of 2.0c.

Hmm, interesting figures. I'm currently 4.2°C with a dew point of 0.7°C which would suggest much drier air. Was there rain there earlier?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

3.1c Cloud to my east. I seem to be on that line between clear air to the west and showers coming off the sea. A degree or two lower and we could be in business if any of the showers penetrate inland.

A

5.2c
    dp 1.6c

• Advertisement

arctictree wrote: »
    3.1c Cloud to my east. I seem to be on that line between clear air to the west and showers coming off the sea. A degree or two lower and we could be in business if any of the showers penetrate inland.

A

You betcha, that line of showers is beefy, some parts of Wales are going to get a pasting tonight.
    I can't see that coming onshore with the prevailing winds tonight, though maybe some of the bigger ones just might scrape some areas right on the coast.

5.3c and a dp 2c.
    Cloud has spilled back over again.

Snowbie wrote: »

Midlands and south will get an air frost,so Croppy,you should record low temps tonight for sure.

Lets hope so ;). Currently 3.5c and DP of 1.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Longfield wrote: »
    Hmm, interesting figures. I'm currently 4.2°C with a dew point of 0.7°C which would suggest much drier air. Was there rain there earlier?

No rain since 2pm (when I finally got out of bed!) and no measurable rainfall before that today, however there are a few damp patches around the roads so there may have been some earlier. Humidity has been between 87-89% since 2pm.

3.3c now here, DP 1.6c. Wind still NW.

2.7c here. I don't have any DP readings (because my new sensor never arrived) but I'd say once I go below 2c any precip should be wintry. Now its over to radar monitoring!

Hopefully any passing showers wont lift the temp...

A

Showers dying out in the Irish sea from the looks.
    Going to be cold and in places frosty tonight but snow is very unlikely in the east. Just as well its only November ;)

Temp 5.6C
    dp 1.0C
    IMO, over the last hour or so the showers seem to have taken on an Easterly component. As long as they keep forming to our North-East i think a few might scrape the coast whether they'll be snow or not would be more of a problem atm here though

Clear sky here. Now 2.4c and DP of 0.7c

Temp 3.2°C with a dew point of -0.1°C, if stuff was falling from the sky, it would probably be sleety here.

Longfield wrote: »
    Temp 3.2°C with a dew point of -0.1°C, if stuff was falling from the sky, it would probably be sleety here.
    Temp of 3c and negative Dp is enough for snow,it snowed at an air temp of 7c and -2c Dp in May one year iirc.

Dp is the key for snow to fall if 0c or below,but air temp is important for it to settle etc etc.Many other factors but if you have the two right,happy days.

Temp has taken a dive in the last half hour at 4.4c dp 1.1c
    Wind from NNW

• Advertisement

1.8c here now. Skies are clear. Yes, the RTE forecast mentioned showers being blown in onto the east coast. Will be an interesting night. Conditions look good here from a temp point of view.

Temp bouncing back and forth between 2.1c and 2.3c at the mo.

Dewpoint's back up to 1.0C here after going down to 0.6C temp is falling very slowly, now at 5.2C

Very light rain here now, wouldn't have noticed it if i hadn't been checking the radar. Temp rising as well, back up to 5.3C:(
    EDIT: Make that 5.4C/1.3C:(:(

Light drizzle now, 5.6C/1.8C. Gotta love the Irish climate:p:rolleyes:

5.8c and overcast,light rain.
    Dews at 2.1c

And i thouht i might get a frost:rolleyes:
    7.3C/2.4C

Back to 5.1c and falling again

1.5c here and completely cloudy. Went to bed at 12 last night and it was 2.3c and a little drizzle coming down. Ah well - maybe next time!!

A

• Advertisement

Low this morning of -1.2c at approx 8am, and lowest DP of -2.1 at 8.07am

Currently -0.9c and DP of -1.8c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement