Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Low of 2.9c dp-1.5c.
    Cloudy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Min. here of 2.8c at 7am.

No frost here and no rain either.
    Min was 3.7c
    Currently 4.1c and cloudy mostly.
    Though theres a lovely set of crepuscular rays in the southern sky so the sun is thinking of making an appearance.

Dewpoint is -0.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Min of -1.6c with DP -2.6c here at 8:15am.

Currently 1.3c with little if any frost around.

nemonoid wrote: »
    Currently 1.3c with little if any frost around.
    Negative dewpoints generally mean dryer air/RH resulting in less dew to freeze ie less physical frost to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cold and dry and bright.

Mike.

Snowbie wrote: »
    Low of 2.9c dp-1.5c.
    Cloudy
    Cant read my own data,low of 2.7c last night and heading towards my coldest ever day in November for max temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Wow its cold here today. Currently 3.2c. Had a max of 6c at 12pm but its been downhill since then....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Currently 4.4c after a high of 4.8c. Low of 1.2c last night. The sun is slowly inching its way south towards me the past few hours. I can see the main terminal building at Dublin Airport from the apt window and it has been in sunshine the past 30 mins or so and its still cloudy here despite being about a mile away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

In the past 15 mins, the temp here has dropped from 4.4 to 4.1 - gonna be a cold one!!! Official temp at Dublin Airport at 15:00 is already down to 3c with a DP of -2. Quite unusual for November, I would say.

• Advertisement

-1.5c Cold and Calm. Brrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

arctictree wrote: »
    -1.5c Cold and Calm. Brrrrr

Wow

Really is dropping like a stone with you.

I put my indoor WS thermo outside, will head out and see the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

0.4c here, DP of -1.6c, gonna be a cold one for sure! Frost on the grass already.

Yup the clear skies and calm conditions will do damage tonight.

1.3c here
    Dew point -3c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its balls/brass monkey scenario out there.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

-1.4°C here with a dp of -3.7°C
    Interesting dropping, its drops fast, pauses then drops fast again. Seen this happen before on cold still nights, almost like the cold spills over to lower areas then once their topped it up cools here again, very interesting.
    Coldest temps since my station was installed, expecting about -3°C roughly before the warm hits.
    All around the air is still, a hill near me has gorse on fire and the entire area around it is is covered in smoke..bet some locals are not happy with the farmer (I assume its a farmer - that hill frequently has gorse burning on it).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

-2.6c here. That's pretty cold. I wonder how low it will go and if it will stay low for a while as that front moves in??!

A

I've +0.8c here DP of -2.8c

Curiously,the normally much lower mothman in his frost pocket is warmer than me tonight :confused:

arctictree wrote: »
    -2.6c here. That's pretty cold. I wonder how low it will go and if it will stay low for a while as that front moves in??!

A

I dunno,

The TAF for Dublin Airport (yep that time of year again) suggests rain on the east around 0100 :-

EIDW 231600Z 240024 23010KT 9999 BKN040
    BECMG 0103 23015KT -RA SCT010 BKN015
    TEMPO 0309 5000 SCT007 BKN010
    BECMG 0911 27017KT NSW FEW020 SCT040

For some snow on the front edge we'd probably need some deep cold here - aka about -5 or 6 over a wide area and not likely to drop that far by midnight
    Probably just see it clouding over, wind getting up and temp rocketing as the front approaches is my guess. Though some sleetyness higher up might be there for the first few minutes of its arrival ;) Will be keeping an eye on temps myself.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Tristrame wrote: »
    I've +0.8c here DP of -2.8c

Curiously,the normally much lower mothman in his frost pocket is warmer than me tonight :confused:

Mothmans temps tonight are interesting. He's currently showing 0.9°C and myself -1.9°C and usually in a westerly its the exact opposite despite the altitude difference. Unusual conditions for sure.

• Advertisement

2.1c now and the first sign of cirrostratus from the advancing front in the moonlit sky.

Snowbie wrote: »
    2.1c now and the first sign of cirrostratus from the advancing front in the moonlit sky.

How come my temp is so much lower??

Mine reads -1.7c 5 minutes ago!?

How come my temp is so much lower??

Mine reads -1.7c 5 minutes ago!?

Is your sensor properly shielded or just out in the open?
    If not it'll just under read by as much as Dolanbakers one over read did last summer.
    That said its probably relatively grand in windy or overcast conditions - thats not tonight so far though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Its teasing me. Down to 0.7C, then up to 1.8C, down to 0.8C.
    There is a little breeze that may coninue in advance of the front and perhaps this will keep temps from getting anywhere near the -2.5C I suggested in the the other thread.

Mothman, a post of Snowbies just reminded me of you telling me that you used only one battery in your aspirated fan = no night time operation.
    He overeads on his Vantage on nights like tonight compared to his other thermometers.

Are you sure that in pretty still conditions like tonight that you aren't over reading as a result?
    Would go a long toward explaining the disparity between our readings. I'm currently -2.1°C and you're showing 0.7°C on wickloweather.com

Currently -3.0 here! I'm off out now - but will be back to report later!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Was down to -0.2c an hour back, now its up to 0.1c

Was down to -0.2c an hour back, now its up to 0.1c

Surprised its not falling fast there, has it clouded over already?

Seems to be very big difference over small areas tonight, that said thats exactly as you would expect in very still dry air.

-1.1c here now

yes thats minus

The dp has dropped to -3.6c

• Advertisement

Tristrame wrote: »
    -1.1c here now

yes thats minus

The dp has dropped to -3.6c

Maybe my temp isnt so crazy

Currently -2.0c

Cloud cover increading.

Defo below freezing as the screen of the weatherstation is iced over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement