Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Not just blue sky to north but sunshine to north. It should be here in a few minutes.

Mike, you may head north!

In fact the sun has just arrived.

Thick cloud to be seen to the south.

And indeed that sunshine has just arrived here 20 miles further down the n11 \o/

Indeed if it maintains present course and speed, it should reach waterford by about dusk :D

Edit: its relation southeast sun should be there now with you mossy....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Anyone have any views/thoughts about the upcoming bitter cold/SNOWY blast due to begin to make it's self apparant by Sunday, as predicted by both the UK and Irish met offices. Looks like next week could be a white out. What do you all think of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Originally posted by ntl Technical
    Anyone have any views/thoughts about the upcoming bitter cold/SNOWY blast due to begin to make it's self apparant by Sunday, as predicted by both the UK and Irish met offices. Looks like next week could be a white out. What do you all think of this?

For me any weather that is not grey is good. :p I don't have to go anywhere important until the end of next week so I wouldn't mind a little snow. Probably won't be good for the daffodils and other flowers that have been up since December though.

Today is cold and bright with partial cloud and a decent amount of sunshine-YAY! :D

Well there has been no sun here in Dublin so far today, or the past couple of days for that matter. Had a temperture reading of 13C when driving to work today with the sunroof open - IN JANUARY!!! The ground is still a bit damp and there isn't a breath of wind.

• Advertisement

That Dublin cloud has taken the N11 route and is taking over Wicklow. Doesn't look like I'll see sun again today. Temp peaked at 12.8C.
    As for snow, it would make the kids happy, and if they're happy, I'm happy as there is a kid in all of us! Also if it did snow, it would protect the daffs etc, from the icy weather above. I'm not raising my hopes up a lot for snow, as they've been dashed too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Man
    Indeed if it maintains present course and speed, it should reach waterford by about dusk :D

Waterford City does seem to get more than it's fair share of dullness. go west by about 20 miles for a sun tan :D

Well according to the BBC, max daytime temperatures will be at or below freezing right across the UK and Ireland, bar the south coast of England. Apparantly, they haven't issued any official warnings yet as they are afraid they might get the forecast completely wrong like they did the other week when they forecast a huge storm in the south of England which never materialised. But from what I read, present indications show that it could be the coldest, snowiest snap in many years (in Ireland anyway) and the wind chill could prove to be the worst part of it.

This is Met Eireann forecast at moment
    Monday: Feeling very cold in a fresh northeasterly wind. It will be a mostly dry, sunny day in the West and South but heavy hail/snow showers will occur, especially in the East.

I suppose thats the kiss of death on it now.

Mossy, if its any consolation, light drizzle here now.

Originally posted by Mothman
    Mossy, if its any consolation, light drizzle here now.

still clear skies here :) but the sun is gone behind the hills

• Advertisement

That Dublin cloud has taken the N11 route and is taking over Wicklow. Doesn't look like I'll see sun again today. Temp peaked at 12.8C.
    As for snow, it would make the kids happy, and if they're happy, I'm happy as there is a kid in all of us! Also if it did snow, it would protect the daffs etc, from the icy weather above. I'm not raising my hopes up a lot for snow, as they've been dashed too often.
    Its a bit early to tell, but the developing weather situation is very interesting .

The polar air which is predicted to take a grip next week will take the form of a northeasterly at times which will drag very cold air over a warmer Irish sea and onto the East coast.
    That air if its unstable will produce showers, which with polar air would in all likelhood be wintry.
    If the temperature is low enough, the conditions for significant snowfall could be perfect and temperatures are forecast to drop enough to allow this to happen.

For snow lovers, what could happen would be, the same scenario as what brought us the october thunderstorms, except the precipitation would be snow , not rain and several inches of the stuff.

Light Drizzle here too by the way and misty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Foul...:mad: Me getting quite depressed....:(

Mike.

depressing reading their man. the snow (if it comes) will have me locked in during daylight hours :mad:

Dull and dreary- a lot of rain and drizzle at times.
    It did brighten up for half an hour or so around lunchtime and then back to the dull and dank.

I wonder if I killed someone would that cheer me up.....ah its okay I see the sun! Oh its setting......:(

Mike.

Spectacular sky to west at moment. Not a sign for fine weather I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by Man
    Dull and dreary- a lot of rain and drizzle at times.
    It did brighten up for half an hour or so around lunchtime and then back to the dull and dank.

Exact same as here so. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

anyone in Dublin look out the window.
    The atmosphere appears to be a freakish purpl/pink colour for some reason.

Just the same 30 miles south

Gone to various shades of pink and orange with sky blue in between.

• Advertisement

Extremely cold and windy here today.

Sun hit the hills at about 4.40pm. Nothing spectacular, still no fog like yesterday. We don't get to see it set over the sea until March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

Gone to various shades of pink and orange with sky blue in between.

yeah what was that all about, i was on me bike cycling up camdem st at 5pm today and it was so red/orange i was tempted to stop at a green light

its mild outside tonight in blanchardstown, hear theres snow due tomorrow night

A lovely Dublin morning out there, the sun is shining & theres clear blue skies, still kinda cold though. :cool:

Originally posted by celticfc
    A lovely Dublin morning out there, the sun is shining & theres clear blue skies, still kinda cold though. :cool:

Ditto 30 miles south

Sun sun sun! Not cold either! Me happy :):):)

Mike.

Ditto, beautifull sunset in south wicklow now :)

6.2hrs sun today, quite respectable for a Jan day.
    Its cool out at the moment but the temp hasn't dropped sharply since sunset as often happens under clear skies.

...but lots of biblical cloudscapes with broad beams of sunlight streaming through.

Cold and windy but mainly dry apart from the odd hail shower.

Another nice & sunny morn' here & not cold at all. :cool:

• Advertisement

Started out bright and sunny with some frost, but now its clouded over. Feeling nippy.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement