Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

same here although there is still a bit of blue and a glimmer of sun in the sky.
    That passing front to the south is making it's brief presence felt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

I thought there was supposed to be snow today, Its bright and warm(ism) here. Damn it anyway, I went to the bother of washing my swimming togs for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Calm and not too cold here today. It's raining now. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

No snow or anything here, but a heavy frost, freezing cold outside. :eek:

Just west of here in south wicklow we've had a sleety snow shower, it's stuck on the hills which are white but not where I am.
    No need for ski's just yet tho if at all in this neck of the woods.

Very Cold and dull at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Frequent showers a bit further north, a bit of sleet and one with large(6mm) hail, but no big quantity. Far too mild to stick. Did see some white above 800ft, but this seems to have thawed. A hint of sun at times.

Frosty start this morning. I thought it was snow at first glance. Roads were like glass but have thawed out now.

Clear and cold at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it's cold but not freezing cold where i am. very pleaseant looking through a window and the wind is near non existant

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Viciously freezing in Dublin City today. Some sleet, or possibly a lot of hailstones in Lucan overnight. Roads were slushy (motorbikes + slippery roads == bad things), but thawed out now.

Windchill is the biggest factor. Windchill is expected to drop as low as -14C tomorrow :eek:

Wrap up tight lads and lassies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    it's cold but not freezing cold where i am. very pleaseant looking through a window and the wind is near non existant

Ditto!

Mike.

• Advertisement

Heavy large hailstones for the last two hours or so here tonight.
    The ground is crunchy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dublin is freezing cold (-1C), but there's less wind than yesterday, so it's not as bad.

It's also dry, and ground frost last night was minimal. Still no excuse to not be careful though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

clonmel, tipperary is freezing (as at 7.45am). waterford is slightly less freezing but uncomfortable none the less.

Cold and mostly cloudy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by Man
    Cold and mostly cloudy

Aye, ditto here. :(

Same here and enjoying a sunny period at moment.

Mostly cloudy with a few showers of sleety rain.

bit breezy outside atm, one or 2 clouds about so that means lots of sunshine and blue skies. bit on the cold side but it is pleasant enough

The temperature here inland on the wicklow wexford border has been sitting stubornly at only 2 degrees all day.
    That is 3 degrees colder than yesterday which is a crucial difference.
    I notice too that the hailstones from last night on the ground never melted all day, despite some sunshine.

I'm expecting flurries from this weather system as it passes down this evening and tonight.
    Snow is a probability her later now I think and a certainty on the hills.

Where's the bad weather?

Its been dry and bright all day. was'nt even any frost this morning at 7.30 am.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Ya, beautiful sunny day 2day, not a cloud in the sky !! (Kerry)
    Didnt even freeze that much last night. The weather people made too much hipe about all this snow & how wrong they got it. Knowing my luck, it will snow 7 ft tomorrow!
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

To all you non believers I say :

Today, snow fell.

Its falling as I speak in fact.

Its extremely light, but the clouds are visible even in the night sky and I anticipate a flurry.

w00t.

That is all.

Oh, yes, and FYI - I am reporting from Lovely Louth.

Torrential rain here at the moment. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rained here all evening and now its windy and mild compared to last few nights, this 'artic cold snap' was about as successfull as our Irish Summertime Heatwaves:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

It was snowing here in Blanch for about 30 seconds, then it turned into rain ! :/

Slaan.

Started bright but has clouded over - cold but nothing to write home about.

Mike.

After a bit of sun, a shower has just arrived. Think it looks worse than is. Wind is making it feel cold, so may see some hail. Far to 'warm' for snow.

Oh I dont envy the met service at all.
    On monday , it was to be close to zero, it was five or six.
    Today was meant to be the coldest day , from forecasts on monday.

It's six degrees here now and considering it wont snow at 2 degrees:o

I've always contended, that the biggest chance of snow here is from an easterly artic blast, it has less sea and more cold land to travel over, whilst still causing the shower build up on the Irish sea.

/me changes thread title back to normal.

cold, breezy and rain showers as i walked earlier

• Advertisement

Just gut some hail and gale gusts. Temp dropped 2C in as many minutes. Its calmed down a bit now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement