Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

sunny, cold and breezy

It snowing here-Noice Big flakes now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had a small snow shower around 3.30pm, now its solid blue skys, sunshine, no wind and very cold.... looks like it will be a clear freezing frosty night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Ye eastsiders get all the excitement. :(

Today is bright and windy on the Mayo coast. Lots of hailstones with a few softer flaky bits mixed in. No snow yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

A sunny dry day in Wicklow. 7.2 hrs in all. No snow here though heard there was some in the hills a few miles to west.

Cool night out but not an air frost..............yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

East Cavan: Lots of snow. :)

Snowing like mad here in south Wicklow too now-very dark and Brrrrr COLD obviously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

left my house this morning expecting it to be a bit chilly but GOD! i didnt expect snow... and it was feckin freeeeeeeezin!

could cut glass with yer nipples on a day like this

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Very frosty mornin' & it ain't got much better this afternoon. :(

/me puts the heating on full blast

Blustery hail and snow showers here punctuated with brief spells of sunshine. The snow sticks for about five minutes and then melts. :(

• Advertisement

it is cold, sunny, little bit of snow that is not staying on the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Er cold! Quite a bit of snow in east Waterford I'm told as I was'nt here today. Sunny this afternoon when I got back.

Mike.

Only 20min break in sunshine today. 9.4 hrs in all. No sign of any rain at all.

Non-stop sun, a bit windy. rather cold.

Mike.

Today was pretty much the same as yesterday and tomorrow. Could be coldest night of winter tonight.
    I think this February will probably be sunniest on record at some stations.

Given that Spring starts on Monday, I'll look foward to the Winter review on the Farming Forcast tomorrow
    on RTE1. I'd say the Dec-Feb period has been the dryest and sunniest in mnay years.

Mike.

We were always taught that spring started in February in school. I remember having a great big row with my American cousins about it once :)

Quite mild and sunny today, although there is still plenty of snow on the hills.

it is freezing and i ain't going out to check on cloud cover :D
    i was told -2 was on the car thermometer at about 2am

Originally posted by sunbeam
    We were always taught that spring started in February in school. I remember having a great big row with my American cousins about it once :)

when are the official start times of the seasons, i was thought start of february for spring, may for summer etc. etc. could someone tell please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

it's -6.6 degrees in Dublin at the moment (0630) :(

went outside there and it feels like -10. i think the -2 i was told earlier was a lie. it is unbelievably cold atm with no wind and not a cloud in the sky

• Advertisement

I don't know what happened in my part of Wicklow, because -0.1C was as cold as it got last night. and that was at 18:45. Its currently 2C. Little wind and cloud cover.

As for the seasons, as far as weather observers in this part of world are concerned, winter is Dec, Jan, Feb.

The sun can be seen now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Still around -5 degrees in west Dublin

Arklow is -1 while Baltinglass was -7 degrees...huge variation in relatively small area

This is what I was expecting last night. Currently -3.7C under clear skies. Lowest temp since Feb last year, and my lowest temp on record (since 1999) of -5.1C Jan 1st 2002 is under threat, though a bit of wind has kicked in and the temp has "shot" up to -3.0 during past minute. Grass temp is -9C. Had 7.2hrs of sun today. Cloud this morning prevented recording near the 10hrs recorded across some of the country today.

Lovely fine spring day here. Mild, but still lots of snow on the hills.

Calm, sunny, cold unless in the sun.

Mike.

Wow, -4C here in Wcklow atm, but an hour ago it was down at -5.2C, which is lowest temp in 4 1/2 years of recording. The grass temp stayed at aorund -9C No cloud so another sunny day (at least morning) The lake is fully frozen for first time this "winter" (as we are now spring) The ducks etc are walking on water.

nice sunny dry and fairly mild day

Originally posted by Mothman
    The lake is fully frozen for first time this "winter" (as we are now spring) The ducks etc are walking on water.

Same down here - the Ballyshunick reservoir at Carrolls Cross near Portlaw is was frozen over this morning!

The weather as mossy said.

Mike.

Wind that wind it feels like the coldest day in ages. No sign of sun.

• Advertisement

sit on a park bench with a paper and wait for a place to open this morning i says

that was one cold wind i had blowing into my face. it was freezing. i didnt get to read the paper till i got home due to said wind

no sunshine either just clouds

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement