Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dull, dry with a cold wind.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Originally posted by mike65
    Dull, dry with a cold wind.

Mike.
    Same in Wicklow, though now that the sun has set, the clear skies over the Irish Sea have moved inland and so it'll get close to freezing soon.

ditto
    yes I can feel the chill outside

reports may come from a more exotic location in the coming days if I can get to a web point

In Wicklow its well below freezing now with an air temp of -2C and -6C on ground

and the morning after, -4C at moment, much colder than the -1C forecasted. Can't remember seeing such a heavy frost with everything coated. An unusual sight for me being fairly near the sea. The wind remained calm all night. Getting more sun today looks probable. got virtually none yesterday whereas up the road in Dublin, there was over 9 hrs.

• Advertisement

The variations were amazing this morning.
    I left the house at home at around 5 and it was -3 , passing jack whites ( if the jeep thermometer is accurate) that had rose to plus three and by the beehive it was minus 3 again and stayed that way to Dublin.

Currently in Heathrow, it is plus 5

(more - later :p )

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

overcast and cold in dublin 4 this afternoon ( 12:27pm)

Suny 8C morning has turned into a dull 5C this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Are 42kg of zinc used, Agent Smith?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

overcast with the chance of rain in dublin 4 at the mo.

/me gotta change my sig

• Advertisement

Dry horrid east wind, cruel air quality...some sun.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Frosty start today. Bitterly cold and 95 percent clear, but a small cloud obscured the sun for the hour I was out this afternoon. Strange as it was quite windy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Bitterly cold and clear outside atm with a severe frost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

A very cloudy & chilly day, dry though.

has been a nice day in Roma ,clouded over now and rain expected

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I don't like you anymore Con.

Wet and windy and cold day ahead, though still dry in east Wicklow. Will be snow in the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

There has been no weather in Cork recently. No really there hasn't :D. However it's back today with a vengance. It is pelting down outside and there is a gale of a wind out there. So it's raining sideways.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Miserable day. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

freezing cold, windy and snowing, snow starting to stick here in meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

There were a few big flakes of snow mixed in with the rain here in Dublin (Inchicore) a while ago. Back to rain again now. Temp guage in the car was showing 3C at about 14:30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Bitterly cold and stormy. Dry here now, but I've heard tales of snow about 10 miles further inland.

east Wicklow Temp 2C coldest of day. Light rain atm but flakes were visible recently. Snow sticking a few miles away in hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Pissy, windy and pissy

Dundalk, Co.Louth

snow has since lightened off and wot little of it stuck its now melted again but some flakes still falling.

Originally posted by sunbeam
    Bitterly cold and stormy. Dry here now, but I've heard tales of snow about 10 miles further inland.

Well I'm back!
    And I missed the snow-the guys here tell me at home that there was a white out blizzard for most of yesterday after noon in Arklow.
    Theres still Several inches on the hills just a couple of miles west of here this evening.

Some rain/snow in Wicklow. Recorded 38mm during 24hrs to midday. Loads more than either Dublin or Rosslare. got abit of sun during afternoon. Another ground frost tonight. My power was down for 5 hrs last night and for much longer in Tinahely.

Okay today, decent sun and no wind really.

Mike.

east Wicklow
    Sunny, some ice after overnight shower froze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by mike65
    Okay today, decent sun and no wind really.

pretty much the same for today except

it has clouded over (with patches of clue sky still to be seen)
    bit windy
    kind of on the cold side

ok, nothing like yesterday :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement