Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Dublin: Was raining for a few hours - Dull and overcast with a few spits of rain now with a light but cold breeze. Not nearly as nice as South Wicklow

Well I actually drove to Dublin since that last post and met the rain near loughlinstown, quite wet for a while.
    Now that I'm back it is dry here, it never rained but clouded over.. best described as Bright now and still quite nice :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

killiney: overcast and dull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sunnyish opening then clouded over with fitful spitting rain and drizzle.

Mike.

Sunny morning mostly if breezy.
    Heavy clouding over now and getting duller
    As at 1pm the rain soldiers were massing off the west coast
    brradar1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Very little sun this morning, quite windy now, but still dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Originally posted by Earthman
    As at 1pm the rain soldiers were massing off the west coast
    brradar1.jpg

Indeed they were. :mad: We had torrential rain from 1.45pm until about 4.15 and it's still splashing down the chimney.

I went for a walk at lunchtime and nearly got blown into the bog. My poor pots of freshly planted Marigolds wobbled so perilously that they had to be brought indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Ugh, I like a bit of rain but it's coming down in sheets outside my lab window, and I've a 25 minute walk home and my coat isn't waterproof and the last bus is gone....

Stoopid crazy Galway weather!

Bone dry here in South Wicklow still :)
    Windy and overcast though...
    Thats something I like about this part of the east coast sometimes, the rain takes all day to get here so it in this case will lash only overnight and it will be gone in the morning... hopefully!

Still dry here too! Sunny South East (and all that actually its been dull all day and damned windy at times too.)

Mike.

• Advertisement

Now calm and dry after overnight rain and gale gusts. Colder now as well.

Sun now in East Wicklow. Temp up to 12C in light wind.

Wet morning.
    sunny then till about 20 mins ago.
    heavy shower now...pelting down.

Had sprinkling of hail about an hour back, with one 'stone' being an amalgamation of about 12-15 of the normal hailstones. This single lump was easily 10mm in diameter. Cloudy windy and cool atm with a few drops rain.

Generally a bright day, had hail this morn, and would not rule out another shower in next 30 mins or so.

Glorious clear sunny day here. Cool westerly breeze but quite warm in sheltered spots.

Lots of turf spreading and sandcastle building going on. :)

On the road today - lots of showers inland but near the coast and Waterford Harbour its been dry and bright all day. Crisp air. Nice! :)

Mike.

It has been bucketing down all morning. Thought it was going to stop for a minute there, but not a hope. :(

This rain has just reached east Wicklow. Still only a few drops. Wind picking up as well.

After a lovely start its been raining since 11.30...cold.

Mike.

• Advertisement

The south Wicklow jury got the rain just less than an hour ago,lashing now and windy.
    Early this morning it was calm, clear blue sunny skies melting a frost..
    Yes there was frost on the ground here this morning.
    sun dissapeared at around 11

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Very cold, Very wet & Very vindy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I've got rain, clouds and wind! I'll imagine that I'm duck to cheer myself up!;)

Some hail again today, Otherwise reasonably sunny. More showers likely.

Just after having a huge hail shower here with hailstones like marbles, my ears are killing me. :mad: You could swear they were denting the cars.

The mountains are completely covered in snow here.

Very cold down here at sea level with lots of rain and hail showers this morning. Seems to have brightened and warmed up a little now.

Mainly dry and bright a few shower clouds in the area but no rain...yet.

Mike.

Clear Blue sunny skies this morning and only a light passing shower yesterday that hardly wet the ground :)

Originally posted by Earthman
    Clear Blue sunny skies this morning and only a light passing shower yesterday that hardly wet the ground :)

Ditto few miles north, though the shower had hail. Still only registered as 'trace'

• Advertisement

Was bright & sunny earlier on, very cold though & starting to cloud over now. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement