Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

Beautifull day today really, mostly sunny and it's not set yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Thunderstorm in east Wicklow within the past hour, back to sunshine now.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Thunderstorm in Kilkenny City, quit heavy for the last 20 minutes or so, easing off now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Windy sunny quite warm.

Mike.

Thunderstorm in South Wicklow at around 6pm.
    T'was lovely and dry till then and is dry with the setting sun again now.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Earthman
    Thunderstorm in South Wicklow at around 6pm.
    T'was lovely and dry till then and is dry with the setting sun again now.

I was wondering because it looked like was raining for most of afternoon south of me, but clearly this did not extend as far south as Arklow most of the time.

Missed most of showers today, though cloudy most of time as well.

Dry in Waterford city area, we keep getting away with it! :)

Mike.

the odd monsoon in between lots of sun.

A bit rubbish today. cool, cloudy with intermitent bright spells and some showers.

Mike.

• Advertisement

A re-run of yesterday with fewer clouds so far.

Mike.

A re-run of last sunday except without the thunder(so far)

Was lovely till about three, then heavy showers.
    Currently been raining very heavily for the last half hour and all around is BLACK/dismal.

Whats happening in or around Dublin at moment. Its looking very very dark to my north and NW.
    Been dry so far today in east Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭highdef

Just been a torrential downpour in the Dublin. Was very heavy and lasted a long time due to the noticable lack of any wind

Originally posted by ntl Technical
    Just been a torrential downpour in the Dublin. Was very heavy and lasted a long time due to the noticable lack of any wind

It has that look about it. Any thunder?

Looks like it may just bypass me, though still touch and go.

Great day warm sunny and dry all day, very little cloud till early afternoon but remained bright.

Mike.

Originally posted by Mothman
    It has that look about it. Any thunder?

Looks like it may just bypass me, though still touch and go.

Hmmm,
    Found it's way down here methinks in the wee small hours.
    All i can tell you is it was dark,and the pounding of the rain woke me up and.....
    I had left the sun roof open :eek:
    Semi naked earthman runs downstairs and out the hall door to close it and gets drenched in the process...

Hmmm,
    Found it's way down here methinks in the wee small hours.
    All i can tell you is it was dark,and the pounding of the rain woke me up and.....
    Semi naked earthman runs downstairs and out the hall door to close it and gets drenched in the process...

Well that certainly bypassed me, because there was an overnight downpour in Kilcoole, I recorded only 0.2mm plus the 0.1mm I got from the dark cloud yesterday evening.

Didn't notice any. Was sitting in a pretty soundproof office. Could certainly here the rain on the roof though and the rain has to be really heavy to be heard on the roof. Quite cloudy now in Inchicore with a few bright (and very warm) spells of sunshine. Completely calm outside and getting quite muggy. Could be interesting weather later, me thinks.:D

Originally posted by Mothman
    Well that certainly bypassed me, because there was an overnight downpour in Kilcoole, I recorded only 0.2mm plus the 0.1mm I got from the dark cloud yesterday evening.

LoL, the ashford by-pass is open of course :D

Looking at the radar on the BBC website ,there were some large echo's moving from NW to SE over wicklow in the small hours and these did seem to have a gap along east wicklow before echo'ing again just out to sea.
    There was a lot of water in the yard early this morning.

Right now and since early morning here in South Wicklow, it's sunny,very milky sunshine in a lot of cloud, but sunny all the same :)

• Advertisement

Nearly drowned at Paulstown Co Kilkenny!

Had to pull over as the thunder, lightening, hail and er rain exploded overhead. I really could'nt see anything in front except a wall of water.

Apart from that pretty quiet and perfect summer weather in Waterford City.

Mike.

Dope! :D Owning an oldish car I worry a little I wont be able to close it one day...:ninja:

Mike.

Mike, was that downpour in Paulstown just this afternoon? I can see some pretty intense looking echos on the BBC weather website around the Kilkenny area and not moving particularly quickly in any particular direction. The cumlus are building and growing to the west of Dublin but it's pretty hazy and increasingly humid. Bit of a seabreeze too. There was a downpour in Dublin yesterday evening but it appears that it was in no way as severe as the one you experienced. Hopefully we will get some of the same later here in Dublin :cool:

Yep it was about 2.30/2.40. And your right the "storm"
    was'nt moving quickly, little wind generally in the South-East today.

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    Nearly drowned at Paulstown Co Kilkenny!

Had to pull over as the thunder, lightening, hail and er rain exploded overhead. I really could'nt see anything in front except a wall of water.

Apart from that pretty quiet and perfect summer weather in Waterford City.

Mike.
    heh!
    It took the n81 then after...wonder where it is now :D
    Turned out to be a beautifull day here.

Off topic, was in wicklow town earlier today and the dare devil circus were in town walking two huge fat elephants up and down the street.
    One of them took almost a whole bow off a copper beech tree at the bottom of the town with his trunk and proceeded to eat it as he walked by...
    Gas
    It was sunny tho :)

w town earlier today and the dare devil circus were in town walking two huge fat elephants up and down the street.
    One of them took almost a whole bow off a copper beech tree at the bottom of the town with his trunk and proceeded to eat it as he walked by...

There's prolly a by-law to stop that sort of thing, but who's going to tell the elephant?!:)

Mike.

Nice day,cloudier but milky sunshine and breezy.
    The cloud overspill is probably from that system moving up through Britain at the moment.
    Doesn't look like the rain from it is getting any more west than wales though :)

Stinky humid this morning with warm wind. Stayed dry and bright though and it freshened this afternoon.

Mike.

Sunny dry and windy.

Mike.

• Advertisement

ditto

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement