Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

Driving from Tullow to Wicklow,24 degree's at Tullow and down to a cooler 20 as I hit the coast.
    Saw a lot of potentially angry thunder clouds bubbling up en route-the potential is there-enjoy if it comes your way

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Sun & clear blue skies here in D24. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Gorgeous and sunny in Dublin City. And I'm finished work early! Even better!
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gonzo wrote:
    very warm, humid day so far, hazy sunshine, light wind, 22C but feeling alot warmer than that.

Ditto that.

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still warm and sunny, 21C and it nearly 8pm, not bad.... earlier it got to near 25C around 4pm

• Advertisement

Down to 17 now here in south wicklow and thanks to my new toy outside I can tell you the humidity is 88%(which compares well with mothmans current reading of 91) while very sunny here,it has been foggy.
    The fog is lapping in off the Irish sea and is shrouding coast at the moment but currently has drifted away from here to a line of about a mile inland.

Theres a nasty line of what look like thunderstorms moving through Galway at the moment,I notice and stretching well into the midlands in a narrow band.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

There I was, going for a cycle on Dolymount beech in Dublin this evening at 7pm and out of nowhere, from being sunshine and blue sky, came intense fog. From seeing aprox 10miles, vision went down to about 20meters in 5mins. Never seen anything like it!

sunny start early on.

Now Heavy Rain-temp 16 degrees humidity 94%

Dry and bright here, will get nasty-humid later I'd say.

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

generally cloudy so far, some hazy sunshine spells, temperatures feel well down on yesterday, currently 19C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

A heavy shower just after 7:00 pm halted the grain harvest. Had sunny afternoon, though Wicklow town couple miles away was in fog for much of afternoon.

Morning
    lon053.jpg
    Afternoon
    downpour.JPG
    Now
    Sunny_Evening.jpg

Mike.

Morning(well almost with the sun at the other end)
    Sunny_Evening.jpg

Afternoon( well yes except brighter)
    Sunny_Evening.jpg

Now
    Sunny_Evening.jpg

Absolutely beautiful warm dry sunny day here today, not a shower and hardly a cloud :)

Currently 17 degrees at 89% humidity

A warm muggy day here,dry and mostly sunny through out
    Very heavy shower in Gorey around half two but thankfully not here.
    2nd dry day in a row , a third would seem like asking a bit much...
    pretty please :)

We had a cracking downpour at about 5.30 - proverbial stair-rods.

Other than that cloudy start brightened then clouded over then brightened again.

Mike.

Sun Sun Sun and nice!

Mike.

sunny here too
    Currently 21 in the shade and 77 % humidity -thanks to my new gadget!

Dry apart from a brief shower, has clouded over generally after sunny start.

Mike.

heavy showers to start the day followed by a few light ones
    Best described as fair

Started dry and sunny then downhill all the wasy with some really heavy showers including one near Glanmire Cork which was nearly "pull over and wait" heavy. Dried out from mid-afternoon. Horrid humidity.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Dry nice and sunny breezy

Followed by heavy rain all night long.
    Still raining now but I can see a blue sky clearance just to the south east over the Irish sea

Earthman wrote:
    Followed by heavy rain all night long.
    Still raining now but I can see a blue sky clearance just to the south east over the Irish sea

That blue sky is just to south of Wicklow Town now, though looks cloudy beyond it. Almost 20mm since just before midnight.

Dry night, sunny humid morning....

Mike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Wet & miserable :(

Mothman wrote:
    That blue sky is just to south of Wicklow Town now, though looks cloudy beyond it. Almost 20mm since just before midnight.

And its long gone now...
    Drove from Blessington to Arklow,sunny skies untill avoca,then it got very black ahead, lashing here in Arklow now and it looks like its down for the night.

Earthman wrote:
    And its long gone now...
    Drove from Blessington to Arklow,sunny skies untill avoca,then it got very black ahead, lashing here in Arklow now and it looks like its down for the night.

Was looking at that very black cloud to my south from about 4:00 pm. It seem to slide off to my east. Then 3 rumbles of thunder to my north at about 5:00pm. Didn't start raining here till about 7:00pm and is still raining a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

The rain today in Dublin and Meath was just atrocious.

Coming through Ashbourne this evening on the N2, there was flash flooding and the Gardai were diverting traffic.

Soaked to the skin I am :(

Are due for much more of this?!

Yup plenty more I'm afraid-Saturday being a better day...

Meanwhile down here in Arklow we had a completely bone dry day with a fair amount of sunshine!

There was an interesting amount of black ness to the north of here especially this evening, but not one drop of rain here :)

*edit* Drat! and double drat! it's lashing ouside now...(9.08) well at least it stayed away all day

• Advertisement

Earthman wrote:

Meanwhile down here in Arklow we had a completely bone dry day with a fair amount of sunshine!

Thats worth a reputation point!
    Earthman wrote:
    *edit* Drat! and double drat! it's lashing ouside now...(9.08) well at least it stayed away all day

Oops you just lost that point...:D

Dry in the deice until a few light showers this evening.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement