Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dry! Sunny!! Fresh!!! :D

/me runs round the garden naked!

Mike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

mike65 wrote:
    /me runs round the garden naked!

AARRGGHH, mein eyes burn even at the taught of it :eek: :eek:

Anyway, lovely sunny evening to end the week here icon6.gif

Yup lovely after a very wet night
    Currently 14 outside which is nice and fresh
    humidity is down to 66, it was as low as 56 earlier.

Bright and fresh start but the cloud has started to bubble up and I suspect it'll be filling in for the rest of the day befor tonights downpour...

Mike.

ditto here.

• Advertisement

In a word wet

I'll see your Wet and raise you a downpour.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

nice few bangs of thunder in the township of waterford last night and some lightning to boot, lashed down aswell

today is a total contrast. no rain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭highdef

Massive storm just to the northwest of Dublin in the past hour. One of the main dual carriageway roads out of Dublin is submerged in floodwater and the road is closed. All back roads in the vicinity are also impassable. 1 mile down the road in the Phoenix Park, nothing. People are jogging in shorts and t-shirts and sunbathing. I drove from the flood zone to the completely dry zone. This distance was about 30 feet. Could you imagine standing at the edge of the dry zone looking into the absolute downpour literally only feet away. That would be something else! The dividing line between wet and dry was on the Castleknock Road literally outside the park gates. It's as if the park kept the rain at bay.

Dry at last but humid still.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Massive downpour in the Clontarf area area yesterday evening around 7pm as I drove home from work. I was sitting in a tailback on Fairview Strand at the junction with Malahide Road. Looking down toward Clontarf, I could literally see a wall of rain not moving anywhere. This stopped after a couple of minutes and it appeared to just fade away. As the traffic was terrible, it took about 10 minutes to get about 200m down to coastal area of Clontarf Road. From here I had a great view of the new cloud developing literally over my head. At this stage, the rain was very light, almost stopped. Looking above me, the cloud actually appeared to be boiling. There was some amont of rotation going on. I could clearly see the clouds features as there was very little rain falling from it. A funnel cloud suddenly appeared to my south. Quite impressive too. Biggest I have ever seen but disappeared within a minute or so. All of a sudden the cloud above went from ragged to smooth and the rain fell. And boy, did it fall!!! I I think someone stuck a pin in the cloud and it exploded. Traffic started to move again very slowly. However (and quite amazingly), the rain got even heavier. At this stage, all traffic stopped as it was impossible to see ANYTHING outside. I could barely see the other side of the street out the side window. So we all sat in our cars with our hazard lights on and we waited for the rain to ease. But oh no, the rain would not ease. We all sat there, outside the Yacht pub for about 15 minutes. Lightning was flashing away quite regularly. Couldn't hear any thunder with deafening of the rain. When the rain eased enough to be able to make out the cars around me, it became apparant that we were sitting in about 6" - 8" of water so everyone decided to make a move whether or not we could see or not. Anyway I got home about 20 minutes after this and it had barely rained at home. Turns out that dozens of shops and houses were flooded on Clontarf Rd, Kincora Rd, Vernon Ave and Seafield Road. St Lawrence Rd became a raging river. From what I came make out, this cloudburst only affected a 1 - 2 sq mile area. Anyone else experience this shower?

not down here anyway...
    Two nasty showers yesterday, thankfully on the fringes of both of them,wouldn't have liked being caught in their centre.
    This morning mostly cloudy, some blue sky
    Humidity 83% and temp 16

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Massive downpour in the Clontarf area area yesterday evening around 7pm as I drove home from work.
    Yup Clontarfian here, was absolutly nuts!
    Was probably in the traffic/river with ye NTL ! :-)

My back garden has a large dip/patio in the middle, its now submerged in about 2 feet of water. Which formed in the space of 1-2 hours!

The wierdest thing was I had to go back into town just as I came home, went back via Howth road/Fairview as at that stage the Fire brigade were stopping people on the Seafront. as soon as I got up to Edges Corner it was suddenly dry with folks walking around in t-shirts/ shorts.!

S.

So with did you make of the rain Shurl? Was it easily the heaviest rain ever or what!!! I hop you didn't get your house flooded. You don't live on Saefield Rd or Kincora, do you? A lot of houses looked pretty bad there.

It was definately the heaviest rain I've seen in a long time.!

Thankfully i'm up higher on Vernon ave, so just 1-2inches in the garage was all.

Yeah Kincora was hit pretty bad, the fire brigade where down around there till at least 11-12 last night!

S.

St Lawerence Road and Vernon Avenue were like raging torrents as the roads funnelled downhill.

Yeah was watching it out the front window, the kerbs kept it from running down driveways it seems.
    Crazy stuff so much rain in so little time.

S.

God our weather is soooooo dull by comparison! Another dry day apart from one shower at teatime. 95% dull though and noticably cooler.

Mike.

Ditto here-nice day actually-good drying out
    Currently 16 out which aint bad for dusk

Big sudden shower just hit, I hear the screams of kids out in the street!! :D

Mike.

• Advertisement

50/50 mix of sun and cloud dry and fairly mild.

Mike.

Real mixed bag
    Sunny windy and bone dry here in Arklow all day so far.
    Was in Blessington earlier and it lashed, that followed me down to Gorey.
    Nothing here though thankfully.

Followed by a dry sunny then cloudy windy day.
    Currently a pleasant 17 with humidity at 73%

Dry and largely overcast with the odd splash of bright sun, grew increasingly windy until the rain arrived at 9 pm.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

A full day's harvesting in the sunshine

Slightly stuttering start but it brightened up grand and warm.

Nearly summer! ;)

Mike.

Ditto
    Currently 15 and cloudy here -nice though

Autumn Alert!! Its pretty darmed cool this morning, mainly cloudy with a brief shower.

Mike.

Light rain early this morning, then clear blue skies.
    More clouds at the moment but still sunny.
    It's a very fresh 16 degrees in the wind and the humidity is down to a nice 59%

• Advertisement

Lovely day which began a bit cool but sunny, the temp picked up. The wind was blustery though.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement