Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Definitely getting worse in Dublin. Haven't been outside, but the wind seems to be pickin up. Very, very dark too in the City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It'll probably hit it's worst around 5-6 O'Clock. [edit]In Dublin[/edit]

Easing up overnight but still very windy and wet tonight and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Raining here in Roscommon and a bit of wind. Nothing major. Frankly I feel let down by this poor effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

And my nearest bus stop for a 39X doesnt have a shelter. **** all use for an umbrella today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Today looks like a day where an Umbrella's only use is for comedy value. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Raining here in Roscommon and a bit of wind. Nothing major. Frankly I feel let down by this poor effort!

Not much worse than usual here in Mayo either.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its pushing up the country from the south... I hear Cork Airport is as good as closed.

Look at http://www.metcheck.com and pick a county to see its progress - figure out when it will be worst for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

DapperGent wrote:
    It'll probably hit it's worst around 5-6 O'Clock. [edit]In Dublin[/edit]

Easing up overnight but still very windy and wet tonight and tomorrow.

Great, when everyone is on the way home from work... traffic is going to be SH*T :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Even tho I'm sitting in my kitchen and I kinda like this weather (when I'm not in it)..... tomorrow morning is going to be awful. Last time there was these kinds of forecasts, buses (if they came) were taking over 2 hours to get into town :eek: I have a compulsory lab at 9 am :rolleyes:

Great, when everyone is on the way home from work... traffic is going to be SH*T :(
    Ah I love when this happens. If I could drive a bike a give the finger to trapped motorists at the same time I would ;)

• Advertisement

Very windy here in South Wicklow now with some noisey gusts but strangely the sky has brightened and it is bone dry at the moment
    We've had actually very little rain here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

stopped raining in south Dublin city now too.
    That was some storm.
    I have to put my canoe back in the shed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

CityWest is bad enough... High winds, rain, dark...

ah fcuk the mad cow roundabout is going to be a joke this evening. Any bit of rain and its chockers....

I think it'll be about 7 before i get home... im leaving now.. ah well thank god ive got a good book...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Not an awful lot happening in Sligo yet, just starting to get a bit windier but nothing I haven't seen before. We Usually bear the brunt of storms on the West coast so I guess with this one hitting the SE first the worst will be gone before it reaches these parts. All I can say is enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

winds really picked up in the Cork city centre.. flooding all around the city aswell, especially in the city centre ..
    im out in the suburbs and its pretty nasty..although no serious flooding near me*

Still have electricity at the mo though..

*touch wood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pissssht! Storm my arse. I've spent the whole day on the road in the South-East and can report nothing more than a bad day.

Thats it. We've gonna live!

hurrah.jpg

Hurrah!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

so is the city center in cork as bad as RTE are reporting it to be? anyone got any pics? not flooded where i am, in blarney, yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Relativly calm on the way home, not raining now. (Dublin 7)

mike65 wrote:
    Pissssht! Storm my arse. I've spent the whole day on the road in the South-East and can report nothing more than a bad day.

Thats it. We've gonna live!

hurrah.jpg

Hurrah!

Mike.
    Not what I have just heard on five seven live apparently your river has breached it's quay walls and is flooding houses at the moment(waterford city)

You forgot to touch the wood...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats what happens here on a bad day! Seriously though, the quay will flood at the drop of a hat if the wind is from the east.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Feck all of a storm here, only a wet day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Wexford is really bad right now. High tide at 8 o clock. Main street flooded. Flooding everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Wexford is really bad right now. High tide at 8 o clock. Main street flooded. Flooding everywhere.

Feck! :eek: I saw the forecast and it looks horrible. Hope it's all over by the time we get back. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Pretty much of a non event here in Dublin, a little breezy..certainly not gale or storm force winds at all, and occassional light to moderate rain, totally overhyped at least in Dublin, though the South seems to be getting it pretty bad.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Wow, didnt realize the city centre was that bad. Hmmmmm, may be unable to get to college tmmrw. Oh well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Thanks daveirl, hope such a beautiful part of the city isnt badly damaged :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Seems the South Wesht took the brunt of it. Thanks guys, taking one for the team! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

seamus wrote:
    Seems the South Wesht took the brunt of it. Thanks guys, taking one for the team! ;)

is it all over? I haven't left the office all day. In dublin - will I not have to swim home after all?

• Advertisement

uberwolf wrote:
    is it all over? I haven't left the office all day. In dublin - will I not have to swim home after all?
    Started raining again, but nothing serious. It's a little windy, but not as bad as it was a month or so back when the US was getting the hurricanes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement