Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Another day of cloud. Brief sunny between Paulstown/Leighlenbridge.

Mike.

what mike said
    Only it's today with just a pinch of added sunshine.
    Quite mild though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Bright & mild at the moment in Ballybofey , but expecting dark overcast cloud with rain and becoming windy later on today/tonight.

P.

sunny till about an hour ago.
    Getting increasingly overcast here and windy.

Fine and sunny if abit blowy. Mild.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Fowl er foul er whatever! Drizzle hell all day.

Mike.

Ditto here

A beautiful day in Ballybofey until late afternoon, and then the dark and damp set in, but still surprisingly mild.

P.

Dull dark dry as was yesterday.

Mike.

Dark as night here all day too in Wicklow and feeling cool, till I started to do some hard labour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Got breezy eally quickly here at about 5pm, a gust came up the Nore valley. 6c here nonetheless

Lets see now, oh yes! It was DULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.:(

Still all change from tomorrow...

Mike.

Tuesday was'nt nearly as bad as forecast in the southeast..anyways today is sunny! :):):) But chilly....

Mike.

Wednesday was a much nicer day than forecast, and now it's Thurs morning[just], and I am still waiting for the Gales & Heavy Rain ! that were forecast :( as I love lying in bed listening to rough weather, one of the only lifelong pleasures I have left ;)

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Batten down the hatches Paddy, they are just hitting the Mayo coast now.

Otherwise it was default dullness today. I can't remember when I last saw the sun. :(

Well, the strong winds & driving heavy rain have arrived in Ballybofey. It's also dark as night and chilly, but who care's I love it.

Especially, sitting here at home with a blazing open fire. Snug as a bug in a rug. Think I,ll just go for my afternoon nap now ;) .

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Gonzorex

I'm looking forward to flying home for Xmas into a big sheet of Co. Galway drizzle and remaining wet and cold for the week. Sitting outside Supermacs Stephen's night with the whole cab office laughing down the phone at your suggestion that they could bring you home. No getting back into Supermacs either! those feckers with their Xmas hats and left-over fish boxes - the one time of the year you wish you still worked there!

windy but dry down here in Wicklow
    Was a lot windier earlier

An overcast,mild and dry up to now kinda day in Ballybofey . I have not even lit a fire for the atmosphere.

Think I'll wait until after dark as it may have become wet and cold by then.

P.

Cool windy with some shower activity.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Cool n breezy here in Portmarnock North Dublin :)

There could be some sleety snow here
    tomorrow and especially in the Mids :) !!
    Mostly dry and cold tonight, but rain in the West and South later. Mostly wet tomorrow with heavy falls of rain. and some falls of sleet or wet snow in some central and north midland areas. cold in many places but mild in the south.

Another, better than expected day in Ballybofey . It's dark and overcast but dry and quite mild.

Weathercheck,

I had a look at your website. Very good with some great satellite links, very enjoyable and educational :) Nice one.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

No ice this morning...hurray!

It really is cause for celebration in this GodAwful state (Minnesota by the way!). The other day it was negative 12 degrees celcius and my poor irish blood cannot take that s***

I am dreaming of the summer!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

raining here in meath atm, definitely milder than yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Dark and Rainy here in Rathfarnham, Dublin! :(:(:(

Interesting next Few Hours..
    Its only time know until Irleand registers its first snow
    of the day with Knock's temperature dropping steadily
    it should be snowing there by 8pm. As for other areas as
    the cold air digs and undercuts the rain it will turn to sleet
    or snow on its back edge probably sometime around
    early morning!!! :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

raining and dark in killiney, not cold tho....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the rain has been really heavy here over past hour, side roads big puddles half way across the road etc and it feels even milder than it was earlier, feels like about 9C

Gonzo dont know how youre feeling that!

Sleet is now turning to snow in Knock
    as temperatures are dropping widely
    Dublin currently at 5c will be down to
    2c within the next 2 or 3 hours i expect
    some snow in Dublin later tonight and
    Meath :)

Heres how things look

skymet_world.jpeg

:)

• Advertisement

Gonzo dont know how youre feeling that!

[/IMG]

:)

I was wearing a leather jacket, jumper, 2 t-shirts at the time and after eating a curry...

saw this on some german website, it seems to indicate snow for ireland on christmas day... ive never seen proper snow on christmas day ever so im still feeling doubtfull... closed ive seen is on stephens day a few years back

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_00_UTC/180_30.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement