Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

Anyone know what's happened to the Met Eireann web site today. Being dependent on it to see what's happening around the country I hope its back up soon. How long has it been out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

sunset wrote:
    Anyone know what's happened to the Met Eireann web site today. Being dependent on it to see what's happening around the country I hope its back up soon. How long has it been out?

Met site is working for me.

Generally bright this afternoon with a mix of sunshine and cloud. Scattered showers will become widespread and heavy across Munster and South Leinster.

and a mixture of fair or cloudy except for rain shower at Rosslare and Valentia

Some brief sunny intervals with me.

Mothman wrote:
    Some brief sunny intervals with me.
    Dull and wet since noon,15 miles south of you.
    The rain is quite heavy closer to the coast.

20 minute shower gave 1mm just after 13z, back to bits of sunshine now.

hung around for 2 hrs
    It was not needed :mad:
    land is in right slop.

• Advertisement

As far as I can rememeber there was weather on both the 20th & 21st April, and looking out the window, I can confirm there is weather today as well. :p

BTW, hazy sunshine.

and breezy(yesterday was lovely)

The sunshine here has all but gone with the milky white sky
    Still nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭highdef

An aboslutely stunningly beautiful morning here in Dublin :D

Actually, no it's crap outside. About 8C, raining since yesterday evening, horribly overcast but not much wind. Feels very cold too. Truly yucky and would much have rather stayed in bed rather than get up at 7am to drive to work.

you think thats bad...
    started raining here yesterday at 4pm and hasnt stopped(albeit lightly and drizzly)

Right now
    Dull Dank and drizzly.

Ah it only started raining around 7pm in Dublin. Your mountains sheltered me again :D It actually stopped raining a while ago here. Roads are still damp. Breeze has picked up ever so slightly. It has brightened up ever so slightly too. In a nice comfy air conditioned office but still looks yucky out there. I reckon it's either foggy where you are or else foggy not too far up the hillss nearby.

• Advertisement

Mist drizzle all day. Temp didn't even make it to 10C :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Wierd weather here in the south midlands.

Dry all day in Portlaoise, Abbeyleix and Durrow on Friday, went over the border to Johnstown Co Kilkenny at 8pm and it had been raining since 1.30pm!

Came back to Durrow 2 hours later, still dry and stayed dry overnight, went back to Portlaoise this morning at 9am and met rain in Abbeyliex. It rained on and off all day at work in Portlaoise and went home to Durrow at 6pm, still dry!

Talk about local weather!!!

Thank God it stayed dry as I had to get some gardening done! Alas though the clouds gave way to mist at darkfall.

Currently 9.4c and misty.

Nice day now after a cloudy start.

Wet all day yesterday even though it was light rain, it persisted right into the night.
    Thats over 30hrs of virtually non stop light rainfall and its made a major muck fest!!

Nice looking out the window at work in D8. Sun came out about an hour ago. Just back from a trip to the shop for some lunch. Nice feel to the day but wind is very chilly. Heavy jacket still needed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

tis a beautiful day today, impossible to get any work done! anyone else sitting out in the sun?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Wow, it's actually hot....

i wonder what the temperature is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Been out in the back garden all day. Its gloriously sunny here in Ardee, Co Louth. Warm, not a cloud in the sky and a light breeze. Really gorgeous day.

I had my first 99 cone of the year today \o/

No doubt, we will see about 10 days of sun which will constitute our "summer".

only summer time=exams and sun=big distraction!

Very dry air over Dublin right now. Temp 14c, DP 3c. RH is 47%. Might be a Fohn effect as the wind comes over the Dublin mountains. This fohn effect meant that yesterdays rain band that crossed Ireland in the afternoon/evening developed a large hole over the Dublin area and hardly any rain fell in Dublin as a consequence with torential downpours not too far from Dublin. Evelyn Cusack even spoke about this after the six-one news forecast yesterday

• Advertisement

yup often the case in Dublin and I've often heard it mentioned in forecasts.
    Thankfully theres been very little rain here in S.wicklow over the past few days.
    A few quick sharp showers today with a lot of sunshine.

Highest temp of month with 17C. Blustery and sunny.

only 15 here
    Very breezy,I wouldnt call it windy.
    There must have been a lot of rain last night as I can see some lying in fields that wasnt there yesterday :mad:

(wonders will he ever get to sow maize this year at all...)

After a couple of very nice warm sunny days in Nice giving me a tan :) I'm back here now and it is lashing rain and dark as night.

As longfield pointed out in the other thread theres sferics in the Irish sea and theres bright red on the radar.
    Looks like we're getting the first wave of that here now.

No thunder as yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Pretty bright echos over Wicklow at the moment alright, main action appears to be over Wales tho, but its early in the afternoon yet.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Clouding up here in clondalkin skies getting dark could be in for a heay downpour and a flash of lightining would be nice :D

Monsoonal like conditions here in Arklow for the last two hours or so.
    No thunder though.

Lashing rain here in D8. Was some thunder about an hour ago. Conditions at casement aerodrome @ 3pm according to the met office:
    CASEMENT NE 08 Gust 23 FUNNEL CLOUD 12c RH88% 1.7mm :eek:

oooh a funnel cloud.

Anyone fancy taking a light aircraft up to have a look?? :D

escaped most of the showers here today, though they did hit Arklow town to the East.
    Escape may not be possible for much longer as it is now dark all around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

I wonder whether the funnel cloud report is a transcription error? I haven't heard of any eyewitness report and the present weather code 19 (funnel) is easily written as 91 (thunder in the past hour) - which seems to have happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement