Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

Have received confirmation that the funnel cloud was recorded in error.

Brilliant weahter in the south today. Cork Airport 16C and Roches Point 17. Lots of sun but cloud now spoiling the evening. A foretaste of summer at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭highdef

Hi Sunset. Don't think I remember seeing you on this forum before. I has a feeling that funnel cloud in Casement the other day was a mistake all right. Pity though!

mostly sunny with a few passing showers.
    windy
    coolish at 15 c

very windy at the moment with a few passing showers in south wicklow,there was some hail in one of them.
    The wind only got up in the last hour or so.

• Advertisement

Arrived at the gym in Clontarf just as an amazingly heavy shower of hail came down. Hail was pea-sized, at least and all the ground and cars where covered in white as if it had snowed when the hail stopped some 10 mins later. Was extremely local as was speaking to someone on the phone who was about 1/2 mile away and there was nothing there.

Hi highdef - I glance at what everyone's saying about the weather from time to time, but tend to be rushing too much to contribute. Yesterday we had some hail here in Cork as well, but I didn't see any of it. However, people in the city talk of a sudden intense fall - perhaps just like you had. Today is cloudy and sun, but with that cold north wind that everyone in the country is feeling.

Yus it is cols and windy today, mostly sunny, but we did have a very short burst of hail here two hours or more ago in S.Wicklow.

Hi Sunset, Earthman and whoever else. Smashing day in D8 today. Went for a nice long walk after lunch today. Bit chilly heading out but with the wind behind me coming back, I was almost in a sweat even when carrying my jacket. Some fair weather cumlus inland but clear above and to the east. Lovely evening now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Sunniest day of year with 13.7h and that was with the last hour not being recorded as it was a bit hazy. Temp only 12c, but felt like 18C.

The big news is that it's heading for a first May air frost on record (since 1999) Grass temp already down to -3C.

Cover or bring in tender plants

Already lost courgette plants last night :mad:

• Advertisement

Got down to -0.7C lowest since March 7th. Gmin down to -4.9C, lowest since March 13th, and that was even with all the grass frosts in April. By far and away my lowest temps recorded in May. I think my apple trees escaped damage. Lost some courgette plants the previous night and had other plants covered last night and so I think everything else has pulled through.
    Thin layer of high cloud is preventing sun from getting through.

No frost last night, after successive ground frosts. But that northerly wind did make it feel colder. At least the grass has not been growing and there has been little need to cut it much.

Beautifull sunny day here in S.Wicklow, but a mid may temp of 12 c... WTF??!!

(I do know the air came not from the tropics)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely here in Laois. 18c. Sunny Sunny Sunny. Thank God the wind has died down.

meanwhile the weather continues in wicklow( theres been none in waterford for a while :D ) nice pleasant mostly sunny day.
    Clouding a bit now though.

Yesterday was fantastic. Spent 2 hours lazing around in the back garden and got a bit burnt. Only officially got up to 12c up the road at the airport but got to 15.4 out in my south-west facing and very sheltered back garden - Bliss.
    Today though, yuk. Overcast with bursts of light rain and quite windy. Not very cold but a jacket is definitly needed today.

Certainly not warm either. A wet and breezy and cold feeling 10.0C in Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Earthman wrote:
    meanwhile the weather continues in wicklow( theres been none in waterford for a while :D ) nice pleasant mostly sunny day.
    Clouding a bit now though.

You havin' a pop!? :mad: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ;)

I sort of got bored and was avoiding Weathercheck! Ahem.

Its wet and cold and thoroughly miserable.

Mike.

It seemed to rain torrents last night. Its hard to believe that Cork Airport only recorded 8.3mm. Perhaps the heaviest bursts missed them.

Have had one shower in east Wicklow. Next one on its way. Temp down to 8C from a high of 14C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Beautiful day here in Rathgar.

SunnyMay212005.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Mothman wrote:
    Have had one shower in east Wicklow. Next one on its way. Temp down to 8C from a high of 14C
    15 miles To your south, we've had 5 or 6 monster showers since about noon.
    The noise in the shed would deafen you.

Earthman wrote:
    15 miles To your south, we've had 5 or 6 monster showers since about noon.
    The noise in the shed would deafen you.

Send them up here Earthman, like a decent shower!! (when i'm indoors to watch it :) ) , any hail ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

A couple of light and brief showers but otherwise sunny.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    A couple of light and brief showers but otherwise sunny.

Mike.
    Bloody hell, we had non stop afternoon monsoons! No hail or thunder.

Earthman wrote:
    Bloody hell, we had non stop afternoon monsoons! No hail or thunder.

Had a few showery spots of rain in the morning (not enough to wet the ground) and that was it here in Dublin, amazing the difference a few miles make, overall was a really nice dry day here!

Coffee on the patio watching a few CBs in each direction shedding copious amounts of intense rainfall. Only getting caught by a few spots so far.

Very wet here in S wicklow (again) Raining solid now for the last hour, after a few heavy showers mid morning.

A few showers then bright though actual sun in short supply. Pretty keen wind.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Just had one loud clap of thunder here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement