Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

Whoaaa! lightning drama here and intense rain rather than just heavy rain now.

PC and modem now being plugged out -pronto!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Where abouts is that Earthman? Im expecting some thunder here, just had a look at a site http://www.freedata.meteorologica.co.uk/UK30lightning.htm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Convection all over the place today some really nice looking clouds but only
    rain and some hail here. There was some cell to my north earlier it was
    a beast and had thunder in her according to the lightning detectors ;)

Clouding over now but convection will soon dy and fragment.. ;)

Long time no talk folks, hope everything is going good here on Boards ;)

Here's a :D for old times sake!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Earthman wrote:
    Whoaaa! lightning drama here and intense rain rather than just heavy rain now.

PC and modem now being plugged out -pronto!!

Yes my little lightening detector was picking up the activity then, nearest was 6-12 miles away. Iits been quiet during afternoon since.

Looks like the heaviest shower of day is just starting, but isn't electrified.

Bone dry all day today here in S.Wiclow, gladly missing all the showers for a change.
    Pleasant.

Rainining again now though :/

• Advertisement

Highest temp of year today with 20.5°C, finally exceeding the 19.6°C on Paddy's day.

There was weather over the past few days.

However today is more exciting-with thunder and lightning.

Time to turn off the pc!

just nudging 21C here in sunny S.Wicklow!

Makes a change from the rainy early morning, but we're currently under a hole of blue sky and boy did it warm it up:)

Very muggy day today almost seemed like Summer :eek: !

Well today is officially the first day of Summer :D

And i dont want any back-chat.. today is the first day of Summer :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭kindredspirit

The way I was taught at school was that;

Summer is 4 months, May, June, July, August.

Autumn is 2 months, September and October.

Winter is four months, November, December, January and February.

Spring is two months, March and April.

Whoever thought that each season was 3 months long wasn't in touch with reality.

• Advertisement

I agree with the above sentiments it suits all and is so true! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Torrential downpour since Tuesday night. Looks like it is down for the day again :(

Interesting today.
    A sunny morning but clouded over and attempted to rain, but no more than a few drops with drizzle and mist.
    It didnt even wet the ground.

It appears we were on the extreme northern edge of a rain band which was supposed to edge almost up to Northern Ireland but tracked less north and more east instead thankfully.

Looking foward to a nice sunny week now and the re-emergence of widespread scantilly clad totty :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭highdef

Yeah, I've keeping a close eye on the radar as I'm going camping up in 3Rock in about an hour. Looks like we'll just about get away with it even though there is a heavy looking pulse about to hit SOuth Wicklow

Well that heavy pulse hit here near Arklow at about 445 and its been a monsoon since then what a turnaround.
    By the way theres a lot of hill fog-don't know how far north of the rain band thats extending to, but it was quite foggy here up untill it started raining.

I'm under that big blob of red somewhere in south wicklow, which is unfortunately traveling in a straight line from west to East at the moment so its down for a while and its true to its colour,its lashing out there :/

3EF_PS_0.GIF

Earthman wrote:
    Well that heavy pulse hit here near Arklow at about 445 and its been a monsoon since then what a turnaround.
    By the way theres a lot of hill fog-don't know how far north of the rain band thats extending to, but it was quite foggy here up untill it started raining.

Yes recently got foggy/misty here in Wicklow. No rain yet, but some of those echos a few miles south are bright. Looks like I may just get the northern tip of it.

Still dry, no rain drops yet, but it must be mighty close. Between 5 & 10 miles away I'd say.

Heading into the third hour now of continous moderate to heavy rain here now and no sign of it stopping.

Lack of wind isnt helping, those stuck under the line are well stuck there for another few hours methinks.

Still no rain, not even a drop...

Edit: was drizzle in Wicklow Town 3 miles south. This was couple hours ago.

• Advertisement

First spots of rain now. Cloud base about 150'

For the record, got 0.1mm
    Currently overcast.

floods of rain,big ponds on the road around Arklow and it was still raining last night at 1am.
    Amazing the difference a few miles makes.

Today,its a cloudy overhang from the murk of last night, some sun peaking through.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

nice and sunney here in trinity!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Dark. Cool. 11.2c. Was up at 21.4c today.

Beautifull sunny warm day here yesterday with a light breeze.
    Shaping up for the same toady,the suns out, theres a little more cloud but it's lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

Not a cloud in sight. Today we will surely get the highest temperature of the year so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mimix

Cloud has just decended over Limerick

Does anybody know if it will pass

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭kindredspirit

• Advertisement

Earthman wrote:
    Beautifull sunny warm day here yesterday with a light breeze.
    Shaping up for the same toady,the suns out, theres a little more cloud but it's lovely :)

Just getting the first sunshine of the day. Was still a warm 19C though and is actually still above 18C now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement