Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

Mothman wrote:
    Just getting the first sunshine of the day. Was still a warm 19C though and is actually still above 18C now.
    It actually clouded over after that,but still nice.
    Sun came out again in the late afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Seems like its going a beautiful day today. Suns out since early and hardly a cloud to be seen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

Its raining - summer's back!

Overnight rain band must have been very narrow here and passed through quickly a good few hours ago.It's currently flying over London.

It's partly sunny now in S Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Extremely muggy here and getting very warm

Temperature in the garden is at 20.4c and it's climbing..

Tomorrow should be the warmest day of the year in Ireland
    with temperatures possibly reaching 26 or 27c :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

25°C in Wicklow :eek: :eek: :D:D:D

Shaping up well here to be the hottest day in my records

Currently a balmy 23c with a cover of low cloud but
    it will break up before 3pm i suspect.

We should easily reach 27c today here and i suspect
    we may be naring 30c by 4pm in some regions of the east
    mids.

Enjoy :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

The humidity is horrible.. ugh..

Mothman wrote:
    25°C in Wicklow :eek: :eek: :D:D:D

And again today!, back to 24°C now. Loads of sunshine :D:D

Reached 26c here a little while ago :eek: mainly on or about 25 and a half though.

I'm off to France now so this is a nice climatisation for whats to come :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭highdef

Lucky you Earthman - Got to 26.1c yesterday evening (around 5pm of all times!) out the back garden in D13. Only up to 23.3C so far today and was when the sun peeked out from the clouds for about 5 mins. Quite overcast but still bright now - Around the 22C mark now - Still very pleasant

CYA Earthman ;) The ferry should be perfect unless your
    going with Irish Ferries because their boat rocks
    wildly even when the sea is calm :D

Oh god never again i will i go on that sick ship :(

Brittany Ferries for me or through Britain...

Oh the weather.. Cloud not willing to break but 24c and warm

Repli wrote:
    The humidity is horrible.. ugh..
    It's not actually that humid Repli :D 68% humidity is about
    average for Ireland, it's just really warm for our poor Irish
    bodies :D

If anything, 68% is probably rather on the low side. However, that's probably a perspective from the south. It always feels more when the temperatures are up.

In the midlands and east you were promised temperatures in the top 20s by Met Eireann. They got this one seriously wrong. Dublin Airport made 22 and Casement 23 degrees. These are at official sites with standard instruments and exposures - that's what they were forecasting for. Our home equipment is always going to be a little different.

The only reason for the lower temps was due to the cloud cover.

And im sure 24c will be recorded in Dublin Airport at 6pm
    and also Casement ;)

It's scorhcing here now with a temp of 24.4c and rising :D

and also Met Eireann were predicitng temps of 26c at max ;)
    And they wont be that far off after the 5 and 6pm reports are through

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely and sunny this afternoon in South Laois. My weatherstation recorded a dizzy 27.5c today after a mere 17.5c overnight last night.

sunset wrote:
    In the midlands and east you were promised temperatures in the top 20s by Met Eireann. They got this one seriously wrong. Dublin Airport made 22 and Casement 23 degrees. These are at official sites with standard instruments and exposures - that's what they were forecasting for. Our home equipment is always going to be a little different.

I very nearly got the 26C with an official 25.3C. Got 7.5hrs sunshine whereas most of the country remained under cloud. My max was recorded at the early time of 13:20. Thereafter the wind was coming slightly from the sea and temp dropped a little despite the sunshine. I think it's likely that 26C was reached at one or more of the climatological stations. There are about 100 of these around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

There was good long breaks in cloud here today thanks to the hills which is why 27.5c was recorded. Quite local I feel.

sunset wrote:
    I got to 26c in S wicklow yesterday and in the drive to Dublin Airport there was a wide variation.
    Closer to the sea north of Arklow I was seeing 22c but up around ashford and as far as Bray I was seeing 25 and 26 again.
    This was back to 22 when I hit Dublin.

Meanwhile here in Heathrow ( :D ) it's already 21c at 625am
    Lord knows what it's going to be in paris in an hour or two when I get there but 30 something in the afternoon is probably-now wheres me shorts :p

• Advertisement

Maxed out at 24.2c here today :D;)

3 days of 22+ weather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Very nice day here, 21 at the moment. Btw anybody watching the thunderstorms over the uk, WOW!

Pity we missed the thunderstorm display (with apologies to all who hate them) - although there was thunder overnight saturday-sunday in the North before that weather system move eastwards and produced its spectacular in northern England. Brilliant sunny Sunday in the south was very welcome after a terrible misty-foggy Saturday. Today started really well. Glorious sunshine up to 6.45, but now it has all gone. The sky is completely overcast and some of the clouds are quite low, but no rain. Its all coming your way!!

Beautifull sunny morning here in South Wicklow( Yes I'm back)
    I was over in Paris for the airshow and it was 34 c and earthman got burned-it was boiling!

I understand 30mm of rain fell in a flintshire town in East wales in one hour from one of those thunderstorms.Thats well over an inch in one hour.
    Saw some pretty big towersome clouds flying over the UK but too far south for any action.

I could hear sferic cracks on longwave radio driving home from Dublin last night,which I presume was related to the storm activity across the sea towards manchester and liverpool at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Hi all.

Im from Wexford, and the weather was excellent on Saturday and Sunday (Sunday being a bit warmer). Went for a drive around the South East coast. At the end of the day we stumbled upon a beautiful lake on top of a mountain. It was something like you would see in Canada. Very very scenic. If the weather is nice on Tuesday, Im goin up there for a dip. This lake is only 10 miles from my house and I never knew it existed. People were swimming in it. Hope weather holds out for Tuesday. :D

Should be reasonable till Wenesday but not as warm as it has been

Monday 20c
    Tuesdat 19c
    Wednesday 21c

Should be abit breezier and not as sunny also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Thanks for the update, might not go for a dip so. But I really want to. :(

Heres the lake by the way.

Sun peaking through the clouds in a light breeze.
    Basically a nice day here in S Wicklow.

Well i have to admit i wasnt expecting this but it would seem today
    will end up the hottest day of the year here by some way possibly.

Previously we topped out at 25c but at the moment at 1245
    the temperature out the garden is a staggering 24.5c :eek:

24.5c @ 1245

Come on 27c :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

26.0c @ 1700

Highest temp ever recorded in my backyard :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement