Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

Thats nearly 4 degrees warmer than dublin airport inland of you.
    your back garden must be a heat trap.

(no wonder you had little or no snow theres global warming in your back garden :p)

Here we did no better than 22 earlier in a strong sw wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It kinda is :D But the reading is correct because i have a normal
    thermometer and an electric one and the electric one usually reads 1c
    higher than the thermometer so i split the difference.

My thermometer showed about 25.5 and my Electric one showed 26.6 ;)

Anyway whatever temp it was it was scorching and i got kinda burnt :rolleyes: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone know where to find pollen forecasts for Ireland, my nose is telling me its high at the moment but would be interested in seeing comparitive values.
    I like the warm sunny weather but atm give me cold and wet and give my nose a rest ..a
    chooooooooooooo!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

You can get pollen forecasts and sign-up for three day pollen forecast emails at www.eirpharm.ie

Sunny warm morning here in S wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You can get pollen forecasts and sign-up for three day pollen forecast emails at www.eirpharm.ie

Thanks for that!, wasn't aware of that site .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Its still 21c here and feeling warm in that.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Longfield wrote:
    Thanks for that!, wasn't aware of that site .

No trouble. Also if you rub a bit of Vaseline on your nostrils in the morning it catches the pollen and it dosen't go into your nose. I do this and find it works well.

Spare a thought for the poor Londonians where at 2300 it was 27c :eek:

Intense rain here about a half hour ago with low rumbles of thunder.

Light rain now

Computer off! (in october 2003 iirc I had a direct lightning hit here which blew the phone off the wall in a flame of fire and destroyed the pc which was on at the time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

Small amount of rain early this morning in the southwest but none now. In fact there is quite a fresh feel to the day just at the moment.

Just some rain hereand at times heavy.

No SFERICS have been picked up so the thunder and lightning
    if heard must have been very weak.

Actually there were sferics in the Irish sea this morning around 8am mainly in the south , but one off Dublin.

Meanwhile in Britain, its pure lightning madness at the moment.

And some very heavy showers were shown in the radar images moving up the Irish Sea this morning.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

In KIlliney, was LAsheing for around half an hour, now its stoped and just Grey... kinda Depressing, Tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Glorious sunshine with temp rising nicely. Now 13C, but this follows record low temps for June this morning

air min of 3.6C
    Grass min of -2.0C

Staying mild; lowest temperatures 11 to 13 degrees Celsius. Met Eireanns Forecast for last nght.

Bloody hell!!
    A ground frost?? I hope that was restricted to the valley's of ashford 'cause only yesterday I was admiring my maize in the sun,its over a foot tall (should get close to 7 ft by the end of the summer)now-A frost burn on it would be an outright shame :(

Last of the sun was seen about 8am. Rain started spasmodically about 1045 with some heavy bursts about 1130-12. But no thunder. That appears to have stayed just off the coast. What a pity! Most of the action seems to have moved to the east for the moment, where south Waterford and Wexford seem to be getting the rain.

As per the other thread, there were a couple of thunderstorms here yesterday and another noisy one around 4 am this morning with heavy rain.

Dry at the moment but with Dense fog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Darwin

South Laois...16c, dull and hazy, 91% humidity no torrential downpour last night as predicted by some online weather sites. No thunder yet, but could come today?

• Advertisement

Small amount of thunder along the Cork coast about midnight, but didn't come to anything. This morning started misty, but when that thinned is remained very, very dull. Stll heavy cloud with some occasional light rain. Predictions were very wide of the mark.

Today is bright andpleasantly warm with no threat of rain at themoment. Last night there was torrential rain 6.45pm-7.30pm with a lot of minor localised flooding. Although Cork Airport only recorded 14mm, I think most oof it must have fallewn in that period. Did nothing else happen across the country?

Beautifull here today and 22c

Lots of anvils and towers and various interesting clouds about though.
    Haven't looked at capes or Li's but heavy showers if not thunder is possible looking at them.

totally different.
    A few degrees colder.
    Cloudy with light rain (just started)

Nice day if a little windy-calm now and a lovely sunset this evening.
    2 light passing showers earlier that didnt even wet the ground.

That was a tad different to what I heard on the met Éireann forecast at 7.55am which told me to expect flash flooding,thunder and lightning and prolonged rain here in the East this evening.

( edit-though looking at the radar just now it seems we were lucky but maybe not for much longer :eek: )

Yesterday was well yesterday,I think it was nice.

Today on the other hand started very wet and turned into a beautifull sunny day pm with a temp around 21 but windy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

lovely mild evening, gonna have to open the window tonight i think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Where has Summer gone???

Cloudy and heavy mist here this evening...

it'll be back for Sunday Danno i asssure you :D;)

• Advertisement

lovely sunny afternoon-warm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement