Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah great day today, not too warm but very pleasant and sunny after about a week and a half of autumn type weather, looks like summer is back on track.

One word for today
    Beautifull.

And another week of this to come! Without the excessive heat and humidity of a few weeks back-what a bonus. Cool nights too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today is even nicer than yesterday, unbroken sunshine and 23c outside, very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Met Eireann thinks there is no weather today. :rolleyes:
    Check their home page and forecasts.

A mild night and it's cloudy atm.

Mothman wrote:
    Met Eireann thinks there is no weather today. :rolleyes:
    Check their home page and forecasts.

The have now filled in the gaps.

They just had "None" under "Today" and "Weather in Brief"

Still cloudy.

• Advertisement

Bit of bright peeking through here.

Pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Lovely start to the day here - 40% cloud cover or thereabouts and its thin high-altitude stuff. Hopefully there shouldn't be any rain today.

Beautifull this morning.
    Yesterday was very warm when the sun was out and sticky warm when it was cloudy.
    Peaked at 23c here in the south east yesterday.
    It's already just 19c here now :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

slightly overcast, quite warm for night time here in killiney

Another beautifull warm day here in south Wicklow.
    Temp around 22c and the sun has been out in between the clouds all day :)
    a little breeze

• Advertisement

Bone dry untill 8am this morning despite reports of 40mm elsewhere

Light but steady rain since,it hasnt even made a pool yet

the rain only gave a few drizzlely showers here today and some warm sunshine came out about 2 hours ago but now its looking showery and dark again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It bucketed down rain here in south dublin on the way home today. It got dark so quickly and then the heavens opened and down the rains came. I had the wipers on full lol ;)

Lovely sunny morning here in south wicklow so far.
    Breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Whats the outlook for 3-6pm over Bray for the airshow??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Calibos wrote:
    Whats the outlook for 3-6pm over Bray for the airshow??

Airshow??, was it advertised, where abouts in bray?

It started off sunny here in clondalkin this morning but now its overcast and there was a rain shower about an hour ago, breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sunset

Quite a blow last night. Didn't seem to reach Met Eireann's predicted gust speeds, but it did reach 57 kts at Belmullet - though nearer to home Cork airport got gusts of 41 kts.

Some sharp showers around today in a hit and miss collection.
    Heavy here, none up the road ,then it's their turn etc.
    Some mad cloud formations around the showers, they are the type that have the look of turbulance if you were to fly a plane through them.

Longish rumble of thunder around 3pm also.

a good few rumbles of thunder earlier in the afternoon with brief sharp showers, plenty of sunshine this morning and now again in the evening however its been feeling very chill all day, had to wear a jumper for the first time since that chilly last week of July.

There were some really weird weather conditions earlier on today. In the afternoon, sometime after 3 I think, I was working out in the garden when I noticed some more dark clouds 5 minutes away from my house. I thought they were kinda strange, as the darkest part of the cloud mass was not a big "blob" but a line, almost like a "mini-front" you could say.

I got a bad feeling so I prepared to go inside. But just as I was about to go in, the wind picked up very strongly, up from about 30-40 kph to over 70. It started to rain and as soon as I looked outside at the trees I thought that some branches would break, they were bent right back. For the first time in my experience I thought there might be a mini-tornado developing but there was no thunder and the wind died just as quickly as it came. I estimate there were maximum gusts of about 100kph. It started to rain heavily while this happened. What the hell happened?

Anyway, it has been a very cool day considering it's August but there was a lot of blue sky. Has clouded over at the moment.
    MJET

• Advertisement

I estimate there were maximum gusts of about 100kph. It started to rain heavily while this happened. What the hell happened?
    You experienced a squal,common enough in heavy convected showers.
    The dark grey/almost blue or black lines that are jagged and straight,like cut like a knife are just indicative of the energy up there.
    When I see that I am not surprised to hear thunder and there was a lot of it about on the day you're talking about.

As for today here in south Wicklow...

Simply beautifull and mostly sunny with a temp that maxed out at around 21 c :)

If we can keep a slither of sunshine here in the East or SE tomorrow and into wenesday, the low 20's are likely probably ahead of the next cold front.
    Call it a bonus that we are this far west and advancing weather systems are close enough to temper what our neighbour will be getting high 20's or possibly a 30 before they join us in cooler air.

Oh right, thanks for the info. It was a bit of an anticlimax as the wind died just as soon as it came. I found it so strange because I never noticed it before. Havent seen lightning though this month. Unlike August 2000... :p

Anyway today was pretty dissapointing. I watched on met eireann that it would be an excellent day but the sky only cleared up somewhat by the afternoon and clouded over again at times. There was light drizzle here for much of the morning. A very muggy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Most of the South missed out - bummer :(

2nd absolutely beautifull warm sunny day in a row :)

And two more nice days followed by this Ugggh!

Rain stopped just befor lunch today though and believe it or not the sun tried to come out.
    Still dry now but I don't like the look of whats on the radar over S wexford and heading this way.
    Very intense echoes.

An Indian Monsoon!!!

Complete with added wind

cold, and clear in south dublin this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Basically the same here in North Dublin

Interesting 24hrs temp watching. Was down on Earthman's patch :p when the front passed through. He didn't quite get the same temp spike. But the rain was exactly the same and the temp plummetted after.
    Met office screen maxed out at 22.4C :eek: I've never recorded 20C in October, so close.

Sun is now shining.

30.09.2005tempgraph.gif

• Advertisement

very overcast and chilly here in killiney this afternoon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement