Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

The weather is.....................

...........................Stuck!! :rolleyes:

Anticyclone gloom from yesterday till further notice :mad:

I can confirm that there has been weather over the past few days,but the weathermen have been busy playing with their toys :p

Getting lovely and windy here now which is the first proper test for the anemometer

Just got a gust of 33mph (at 6ft) from the SW
    10 min average is currently 18mph and rising

Unfortunately the wind is playing havoc with the phone line(It's blowing around like a kite-eircom hurry up and fix it) so updates aren't guaranteed

Very wet here for the last hour and a half or so.

Current rain rate 6.4mm perhr with a total recorded so far of 8.9mm and rising fairly fast.
    That was only 1.3mm earlier after just a little light overnight /morning rain.

The taps on now though.

(The VWS is not able to log onto the net for some reason-that despite Eircom fixing the line-I don't know that they did a good enough job of it though as there are still some drop outs-but given the wind and rain, its much better than it was)

Rain rate 6.9mm per hr now and up to 7.4mm

Total rain for today has just reached 17.3mm and rising and again most of that has fallen since about 330pm today.

It's a wet one

ooooh
    This is testing the vp2-its lashing out there noisily

rain rate now 23.4mm/hr
    last 24hrs of rain is 26.4mm and rising

Lol and guess what, the console is scrolling the message-It's raining cats and dogs :D again

• Advertisement

Still raining here in the not so sunny south east.

Rainfall total for the last 24hrs is now 34.3mm :eek:

Total rain for the past 24hrs now 41.7mm and still lashing
    44.2mm recorded since it started raining yesterday

Forget hurricane/trop storm Vince-I reckon what rain has been falling and is still falling here in the south east would give it a good run for its money.

The radar is just one big blob of pink and red down here and the current rain rate is 23.4mm/hr

Earthman wrote:
    Total rain for the past 24hrs now 41.7mm and still lashing
    44.2mm recorded since it started raining yesterday

I'm up to 44mm as well since it started early yesterday, but i think you'll get more during rest of day.

No where near the 140mm in 27 hrs :eek: :eek: in a valley near Fishgaurd SW Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Interesting comparison btewwn north and south UK from TWO ..

quote:Originally posted by Gusty

Warm !

Current temperature is 19.3c and rising (up 0.4c in the last hour), from an afternoon high of 22.5c.

Been sitting in the garden for the last hour in shorts and t-shirt .

A bit warmer than the 7.9ºC here currrently in the rain
    Michael,
    Aberdeen

From an Irish perspective (and a cold damp Dublin one at at that!!) this is a pretty amazing post. I cannot ever remember temperatures in the mid 20's here in Dublin in mid October, it seems odd. In my mind this is just another indication of weather patterns changing (first ever tropical depression in Spain/Portugal ...
    THE HISTORICAL RECORD SHOWS NO TROPICAL CYCLONE EVER MAKING LANDFALL
    ON THE IBERIAN PENINSULA. BASED ON SURFACE REPORTS FROM FARO
    PORTUGAL...THE CENTER PASSED JUST TO THE SOUTH OF THE COAST OF
    PORTUGAL...BEFORE BECOMING THE FIRST TROPICAL CYCLONE TO MAKE
    LANDFALL IN SPAIN. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT3+shtml/110829.shtml).

One thing is for sure, our climate IS without a doubt changing pretty fast right now..extremes are more and more likely..this does include extreme winters ..which we are overdue ..its really interesting times..I still wouldn't just yet invest in Northern sunshine homes just yet!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Just been talking to mothman whose air temp is now down to 5c and is on the verge of a grass frost already

Meanwhile 15 miles down the road, the current temp is a balmy 7.7 c in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Going to be a cold one alright, probably more countrywide than last night, I saw Birr at 0c on met.ie this morning before heading out to work.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote:
    Going to be a cold one alright, probably more countrywide than last night, I saw Birr at 0c on met.ie this morning before heading out to work.

Birr got down to 0.1C and Claremorris -0.6C, though G min at Birr down to -7C :eek: My air min last night was 7.8C
    Tonight, I'm close to an air frost already at +0.8C, Gmin down to -2.7C, both lowest of autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I reckon Kilkenny will get to -2.3 tonight - those sandy soils gave up alot of this weeks moisture to the River Nore already today!

I'm still no lower than 6.1c here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mimix

23:10 -- 4c Manual thermometer -- Dooradoyle, Limerick

This is one huge post!!

-1 at Mullingar and 0 at Kilkenny. Didn't get the air frost, down to +0.8C

The other extreme, min at Rosslare of 11C, currently 13C there
    8C with me under cloud that is now dispersing,

Currently 11.9c here and windy from the ESE at 13mph

Like Rosslare we got nowhere near a frost last night but we got closer to it than Rosslare.

5.3 c at 1.26 am

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Definately got below 0c or even -1c here last night - have to get batteries for that outdoor wireless thermometer :o

It would be some turnaround to get a frost tonight.

Currently 13.4c and rising.

Spitting a little drizzle also.

Rain rate 1.3mm/hr at the moment-total 1mm so far

• Advertisement

A little drizzle here as well with the temp rising slowly to equal max of day.
    Just the one tip of gauge registered though.

Ended up with 1mm here.
    There must have been two tips of the rain spoons as the console was able to indicate a rain rate of 1.3mm/hr at the height of it.
    It actually gave the ground a good wetting.

Mind you it could have been a lot wetter if WD had anything to do with it, if you read my Oh God it's arived diary thread update tonight :D

Lovely day.
    Sun came out for good at about lunchtime to give a peak temp here of circa 16c

Still 13.6 c under clear skies

No frost tonight again :)

Currently a four degree temp difference between my self and mothman in just 15 miles.
    He's 10.7 and I'm 14.8

At 8pm Valentia and Belmullet were a balmy 17 and 16 c respectively.

The Temp here is actually rising in the last hour.

Time for the pub wearing a t shirt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

it must have been unusually warm everywhere today, it was very mild today here in Limerick but by god it was breezy

Been raining here for the last hour or so steadyish
    peak rain rate so far 5.8mm-enough to make weather display call it moderate rain.
    The blob on the radar thats causing this appears to be drifting north westwards up the Irish sea with a section going well inland through Wexford and south Wicklow.
    Theres some bright echoes in that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Been very blustery most of the day, no showers getting through but im sure there not too far away, a tornado would be nice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've had enough! Everything is soaked beyond ever drying out! We're all going to drown before we ever freeze.

Does anyone have any hopeful signs of things calming down, so I can calm down. Please :(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

well you got global warming to look forward to :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement