Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gps nav products in ireland

Options
  • 28-12-2004 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

im trying to get a gps navigation system both that will be used in car and on foot so i decided to get a PocketPC system. Since Ireland is such a backward country (you know it is) when it comes to new tech, most gps software have little in a way of Irish maps. is there any irish suppliers that are selling PDAs with GPS nav and maps for ireland? going to take a trip for new year's somewhere in ireland and dont want to get lost. :)

-adnans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I have 2 different ones and the maps are crap for Ireland
    Basically, the best maps for Ireland that I have used are demo ones available from www.mapopolis.com

As for the maps that come with the units, most of them have very good mapping for the major cities

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i have both mapsonic(viamicheli) and mapopolis. the mapsonic 4 cd set retail at 200 euro and contains all of europe in good detail. ireland is only mapped with dublin in great detail. the mapsonic works on both pda and pocket pc. i am willing to sell both at a low low price. pm me for info if ur interested

Advertisement