Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Javascript book ?

Options
  • 28-12-2004 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking to get a complete reference tome for Javascript.

This is the one I have in mind.

JavaScript: The Definitive Guide
    David Flanagan

Are there any recommendations on other books or is this one of the best books?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

A free alternitive would be just to visit the w3c website and get the official documentation perhaps. Thats assumeing you already know some javascript and just want a full list of the DOM

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Cheers thanks for that. Yep not just DOM I'm looking for . Documentation online is excellent and have used w3c many times. I am a fan of the reference book and it's always handy to have especially for those awkward moments where you don't have a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Yeah, I've used that O'Reilly one before, it's a good book alright, definetely reccomend it, seems to cover all the bases, good reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yeah O'Reilly's seem to cover the whole refrence thing. I got one for CSS ages ago. Seems to pretty much be the API / DOM in print.

Perhaps look for some form of "advanced javascript" book if one exists

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Cheers guys. Appreciate the comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

O'Reilly books are usually of a high quality.

The best way to learn is to practice. Or go to a site with jvascript and try to take it apart.

Advertisement