Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More bad play

Options
  • 28-12-2004 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

Playing Omaha online, Ive been doing well and have the table covered. I pickup I have 8847 single suited utg and limp in. A few callers and the Big Blind makes it $3, I call and the button makes it $8. Button has been doing this a lot, so when the BB makes it $15 I call as well. If anyone had AAxx the bets would of been a lot bigger. The button then makes it $30 to go. SB & BB just call so I call too getting great odds and closing the action.

Flop is 7d 6s Ts

We check to the button who goes all in for about $30, small blind and big blind go all in too, so I say **** it, I must have some outs.

Turn and River are
    4c 9c

Hand id : 1672517-10453
    Board cards : 7d 6s Ts 4c 9c

Side pot 1 : $29.16
    deviantmonk ....... Js 5c Kh Ks
    Royal Flush ....... 9d Qc Th Jc
    hectorjelly ....... 8d 7c 4d 8s

hectorjelly wins $29.16 with Straight T9876

Main pot : $264.25
    deviantmonk ....... Js 5c Kh Ks
    Royal Flush ....... 9d Qc Th Jc
    hectorjelly ....... 8d 7c 4d 8s
    oaky2120 ....... 3s 5d 4s 9h

hectorjelly wins $264.25 with Straight T9876

I had about 20% equity on the flop, and only needed 10% to make it an ok call. Preflop god only knows what I was thinking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

You should post up one of the ones where you fúck up and lose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I can see no concern in how u played either this hand or the last one u mentioned. If anything I feel u didn't play them aggressive enough.
    However may I second the motion of the above fellow that u present a hand that u lost, even when u (undoubtedly) deserved to win.
    My congratulations on some beautiful play. I trust I understand the subtleties of ur play despite having drunk many many beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Ok then....

Final table of the 7.5k I was a medium stack but havent played a hand in a while so Im short now, allthough not desperate. 8 Players left, I have 80k, everyone else has over 100k, blinds are 600 1200. I make it 6000 to go in MP with Q4o. Small Blind calls and the flop comes up 9 10 2 rainbow. He bets 20k, and I push all in for 50k more. He calls with AQo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

good call!? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Playing Omaha online

Nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow, you're more nuts at Omaha then I am! :)
    30 notes preflop on that hand!? :)

I'm always posting up bad beats, I must post up some "deserved beats" :)

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Ok then....

Final table of the 7.5k I was a medium stack but havent played a hand in a while so Im short now, allthough not desperate. 8 Players left, I have 80k, everyone else has over 100k, blinds are 600 1200. I make it 6000 to go in MP with Q4o. Small Blind calls and the flop comes up 9 10 2 rainbow. He bets 20k, and I push all in for 50k more. He calls with AQo.

Saw that - I was lurking. I was even embarrassed for you. Evillive (Dr. Evil on VC) came a very repectable 3rd.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Hyzepher wrote:
    Saw that - I was lurking. I was even embarrassed for you. Evillive (Dr. Evil on VC) came a very repectable 3rd.

Hyzepher

i'll take that as a compliment thanks chris

the big stack destroyed me at the end after i sat and watched hector and others take each other out

not a bad day overall

had 30e on macs joy

and won 15e on the lotto

not good today though, 4 shots at the 7500 tourney and i'm out

mark AKA evillive AKA dr. evil

Hyzepher wrote:

Hyzepher

Nothing to be embaressed about, if he folds that hand I have a great shot at winning, and most people will fold there. I managed to get into that postition without getting *any* cards at all. I got AA a few hands before and everyone folded to my BB

karlh wrote:
    good call!? ;)

It depends. A lot of times players make a call that turns out to be right, that doesnt make it correct; what makes it correct is if in the long run if you make the call again and again will it be a profitable one. In that situation I think a call is a losing play, if he puts me on a mid PP its a close decision, but if I have AA KK AK QQ A10 A9 hes made a huge mistake. If he does put me on a Mid PP and is prepared to call thinking he has odds to call and draw out, then he has played it terribly. He needs to put me all in on the flop straight away, very hard for me to call with a pair of 8's there. Of course if he puts me on Q6 then he has played the hand masterfully, but I could well be bluffing here with the best hand. He seemed like a fish so I think he was just overplaying AQ.

There was actually another funny hand, this was much earlier I almost missed the entire rebuy section (was having dinner) and came back to a smallish stack. After a while I had about 7000 and was on the BB. A guy who had been raising a lot preflop made it it 1200 to go. I called with k3s and pushed all in on 10 4 2 rainbow flop. He called the 5800 bet with JQo, and I won the hand with K high. Hands like this make me love poker. (PS dont try and steal my BB)

• Advertisement
Advertisement