Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Millar & Bryan Hitch Signing in The 3rd Place 29/1/05

Options
  • 28-12-2004 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey, I was in all the comic shop's in Dublin today and the guy's in The 3rd Place said that Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch, the writer and artist of the Ultimates would be doing a store signing there on the 29th of January. Which is pretty cool considering how little comic creators come over here.

What's even cooler is that between them Millar and Hitch have done loads of stuff in the industry. Millar has written most of Ultimate X-Men, The Authority, Wanted, Spider-Man and Wolverine. And Hitch has drawn all of the Ultimates a run on Deaths Head and was the original artist on the Authority. So everyone who likes good comics should have at least one comic to get signed. This is one event I will be queing up for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Impressive that the guys at the 3rd Place managed to get such big names over here. Don't suppose you know what time their gonna be signing from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lucius fox

franman wrote:
    Impressive that the guys at the 3rd Place managed to get such big names over here. Don't suppose you know what time their gonna be signing from?

From 3 p.m. I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 julius wendigee

lucius fox wrote:
    Hey, I was in all the comic shop's in Dublin today and the guy's in The 3rd Place said that Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch, the writer and artist of the Ultimates would be doing a store signing there on the 29th of January. Which is pretty cool considering how little comic creators come over here.

What's even cooler is that between them Millar and Hitch have done loads of stuff in the industry. Millar has written most of Ultimate X-Men, The Authority, Wanted, Spider-Man and Wolverine. And Hitch has drawn all of the Ultimates a run on Deaths Head and was the original artist on the Authority. So everyone who likes good comics should have at least one comic to get signed. This is one event I will be queing up for.

Is Lucius Fox really John Hendrick(owner of the Third Place)?Tune in next week to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lucius fox

Is Lucius Fox really John Hendrick(owner of the Third Place)?Tune in next week to find out.

Nope Lucius Fox is really Peter Noble, former Saturday skivy of Wow comics.(R.I.P.) And current graphic designer for the 3rd Place once I get my standing order for free whenever they need anything.

Still, i'm impressed with your dodgy detective work. I wonder who you are. Since I told you who I am, why don't you share your Identity with us.

lucius fox wrote:
    Nope Lucius Fox is really Peter Noble, former Saturday skivy of Wow comics.(R.I.P.) And current graphic designer for the 3rd Place once I get my standing order for free whenever they need anything.

Still, i'm impressed with your dodgy detective work. I wonder who you are. Since I told you who I am, why don't you share your Identity with us.

As you should be, and dodgy detective work or not as far as I know advertising for a shop whom you are working for (paid in cash or comics ) is against the rules.As for me well... could it be Penry the mild mannered janitor ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Thanks julius for thinking on this one, but I had already thought on this and decided that as it is an event which people can take part in, and not just a plug to get something sold (eg. Sale or saying we have 'blah blah' in stock, come buy it) I allowed it. If I find it or other posts degrade into general plugs for sales i'll not be allowing it.

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Thanks julius for thinking on this one, but I had already thought on this and decided that as it is an event which people can take part in, and not just a plug to get something sold (eg. Sale or saying we have 'blah blah' in stock, come buy it) I allowed it. If I find it or other posts degrade into general plugs for sales i'll not be allowing it.

That sounds fair to me.Lets keep it all good clean fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

:)

Advertisement