Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The new Abercrombie thread

• 28-12-2004 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was in town today and I was doing some shopping seeing as there were loads of the post-christmas sales on. I went into Arrnots and asked them where their Abercrombie clothes section was. They gave me a strange look, and said, "Oh no, you wont get that here, or anywhere in Ireland. Only in the US". That definatly not true because, I know people who have bought Abercrombie from Arrnots itself, and from other places in dublin.

I am confused now, because I am almost 100% sure that all those tops/hoodies etc. that you see on people were not all bought in "the US". So, where in Dublin can you buy Abercrombie Clothes?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You can only get Abercrombie in Abercrombie stores which are only located in US. Simple? Anything else is fake.

Jesus, all you had to do was read the other thread to find that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Why do people care about this label?

1. it doesnt look great

2. its overpriced

3. weeeeh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sangre wrote:
    Jesus, all you had to do was read the other thread to find that out.

But that thread sharply turned into a txtn contest between two 12 twelve year olds, how could anyone find anything in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Well, I like there clothes and so do alot of other people. But I am definalty sure you can get like the odd top/trousers here and there in town.. like i dont mean a whole shop. But do any of the big shops in town ever stock Abercrombie? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Nah your right thou - the little bit on the left side of the ramp when you go into arnotts had Abercrombie jackets one time - I think for a sale . Another time they had Old Navy stuff that was WAY over priced - like €60 for a pair of $20 jeans etc!!! Anyhoos I got bored reading the other tread but you can pick up brand new Abercrombie stuff from ebay - loads of people sell from the UK so the shipping is reasonable...

• Advertisement

yeah.. and is there like a FedEx charge or anything after doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Who care the clothes are ****e

Shrimp wrote:
    yeah.. and is there like a FedEx charge or anything after doing that?
    Shrimp I'm not sure if your takin the pi$$!?!? But if it's coming from the UK then then shipping would only be a few €'s with royal mail..

I meant like a customs charge. I've never ordered from the UK so.. like how would I know..

"Who care the clothes are ****e" - Bush

Well, clearly I care. I did post this thread up you know..ignorance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Carlsberg

They may get some very old stock from time to time but in general abercrombie have a policy of not letting other retailers carry their clothes..which is why bt2 / arnotts etc dont have them. People wearing the stuff around either have been to america recently or have had friends / relatives go, its not really that uncommon, do you really not have any aunts or neighbours or whoever who went for a shopping weekend to new york before christmas? Or family members going florida for holidays...etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Shop I work in were selling em, in the process of getting sued over it, I dont think anywhere in Dublin sells them now.

Though I can't say for sure, they're a brand I'd never even consider thinking of wearing, they have some good colours but the big logo's just ruin them, they look terrible and cost a bomb. I always think everyone who wears them must have such a low iq, probably the same people who'll be buying stupidly expensive cars to impress others in 20 years time.

hey.. what shop is that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 White Angel

They had mens abercrombie hoodies in the bargain basement part of Arnotts a while ago if that helps at all.

like.. you dont have to say the actual shop.. maybe just describe where abouts it is.. or somthin.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

well they dont sell em anymore so not much point!

Exactly, what does it matter because you can't one now anyway?

can't one now????

can't buy* one sorry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭weemcd

take no notice of shrimp he's changed his name twice because everyone knows hes a tard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

weemcd wrote:
    take no notice of shrimp he's changed his name twice because everyone knows hes a tard
    Here here.

• Advertisement

tard, oh come now there's no need.

what were you called before shrimp....?

HE?! Hey I thought Shrimp was a girl!!!!! Because like of the way he/she was like talking/typing..yeh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Shrimp wrote:
    I meant like a customs charge. I've never ordered from the UK so.. like how would I know..

I know you're only 16 but how can you be so ignorant? You aren't liable for customs charges/import tax if you're ordering within the EU.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oi, off topic posting = ban from now on.

unless I like you. And I don't like any of you.

Thanks Mordeth...

So I take it you cant actually get any abercrombie clothes in ireland.. well easily!?

But that thread sharply turned into a txtn contest between two 12 twelve year olds, how could anyone find anything in that?
    Because he seemed to be following it pretty intensely.

And no, forget about picking any stuff up in Ireland.

ok. Thanks you ever so much Sangre, I suppose you would know alot about whee you can get abercrombie, after all you love the make.

Shrimp wrote:
    ok. Thanks you ever so much Sangre, I suppose you would know alot about whee you can get abercrombie, after all you love the make.
    I have never once commented on the quality of Abercrombie.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

oh god,

not this again...

staying on topic, clearys have some, they might be fake tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

weemcd wrote:

here here.

Oh I need to stay on topic ? errrr The only good thing about Abercrombie hoodies is that they can be used as a palce for the cat to pee and maybe do the odd number two in the hood part.

Pricey kitty litter box...

staying on topic, clearys have some, they might be fake tho

They dont because I went in and asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

i worked in a shop in stephens green last summer and we sold real Abercrombie

And which shop was that? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

zero on the ground floor...

funny thing just got told its after closing down!!!(that guy cant keep staff he was an a$$)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Ugh...

I'd be ashamed to be seen in Abercrombie clothes, it's like sticking a label on your head saying "I'm a fashion-obsessed idiot".

OMG, like abercrombie is amazing, you cant just salg it like..... like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭weemcd

abercombiecopy0hx.jpg

Well Done..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I've been wearing Abercrombie for the last 10 years , Way ahead of the posse I am ! ;)

• Advertisement

Who's to say I haven't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

godhatesshrimp2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Arnotts also stock a few things from GAP but i'd never buy the Abercrombie or GAP stuff here..........they mark it up so much and its a rip-off. You can get it for half the price in the states or if ur goin to london check out GAP there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LegallyBlondNOR

hi !! im sorry but i dont know what the shop is called but when you are on the 32 bus line .. the last stop leaves you in the lane kind of thing and there there is a chinece looking shop .. in there you can buy real abercrombie clothes ... sorry i dont kinow the name of the street or shop but have bought clothes there before !!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ba da ba ba baaaa, I'm lovin' it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ah ffs, a thread from 2004 ressurrected!

Boo I say, BOO!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement